This Is Your Ripley...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's a Hot Toys recast but with Tina Turner wig :D, I alredy told him that he had a serious paint problem especially with the eyes but he keep doing the same.

I hate the hair! What is the heck were they thinking with that frizzy hairdo? The facial sculpt is pretty good, but the hair.....eeeewwwwwww! :monkey4

:lol That looks like Carrot Top

carrot-top-main.jpg

..not bad.

Better than what I can do, that's for sure.

How about some of you guys?

Let's see some of your custom works.

I applaud anyone for the attempt, and they are therefore exempt from criticism, but once you offer your stuff for sale its a different ball game IMO.

While he achieves some nice tone changes to the skin, they appear random and not following natural patterns of tonal change. His paint apps on the hair is really thick and 'gloppy'. The actual paint on his eyes aren't bad, but he needs to center the iris before he starts to avoid the cross eyed look.
I haven't got the confidence in my own skills to offer anything for sale, but as a rule of thumb I try to meet or exceed factory paints application first.

I'm not sure I could do better (at least in terms of the sculpting), but I'm not expecting people to buy my stuff on ebay, either. When you put your stuff up for sale, you're pretty much opening yourself up for criticism.

The "Angelina Jolie" is an Ada Chan sculpt, and appears to have been recast. I'm surprised nobody spotted the "Daniel Craig" as a recast of Tinister's head...maybe a second or third generation recast at that. The "Christian Bale" looks very similar to Ada Chan's sculpt as well, perhaps with Apoxie hair additions before recasting. They all look like the original sculpts without the detail -- kind of like a chocolate Easter bunny left in the sun a little too long.

This is why Wofford is protecting his Andy Bergholtz Bale.

The "Angelina Jolie" is an Ada Chan sculpt, and appears to have been recast. I'm surprised nobody spotted the "Daniel Craig" as a recast of Tinister's head...maybe a second or third generation recast at that. The "Christian Bale" looks very similar to Ada Chan's sculpt as well, perhaps with Apoxie hair additions before recasting. They all look like the original sculpts without the detail -- kind of like a chocolate Easter bunny left in the sun a little too long.

This is why Wofford is protecting his Andy Bergholtz Bale.

Yeah, I noticed that Tinister Craig... was wondering why nobody noticed. But this is why it is so important to protect the custom heads that our artisans have created specifically for us. Personally I think that any head like that should never end up on Ebay. I think that if someone wanted to sell the Tinister or Andy Bond.... should sell it only here on the board to someone they trusted.

But when it goes on Ebay some jackass gets it and we get stuff like this.

Back