Anyone have those prototype pictures?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sir Tristram

I can't find them....The ones of the original Argonath adn the Hobbiton Mill, etc...

yeah i'd like to toss in a request for the Lurtz pic too right about now

someone had posted it in my request thread a while ago but of course, it was all zapped to hell by the ezglitch

I have the pics in my HD, if nobody else has the links I will post it in my photobucket.

Hobbiton Mill
1547.jpg

Hobbiton Mill/Moria Cemetery/Argonath/Weapons Set
1556.jpg

Shields Set/Moria Cemetery
1531.jpg

Argonath/Weapons Set
1649.jpg

Shields Set
1648.jpg

Argonath
1530.jpg

Wow!!

Some of those look sweet. The Argonath is incredible, with the river flowing through. I guess SSW ditched this when they came out with the Argornath Bookends. But, I am sorry, the prototype is 10 times better.

Those Shields are so great! I love them, why didn't they make these!!!!

re

I am curious to know why, given it was Sideshow's decision to cut ties with Weta, they (Weta) didn't continue the line but with a different distributor. :dunno

Re: re

I am curious to know why, given it was Sideshow's decision to cut ties with Weta, they (Weta) didn't continue the line but with a different distributor.

They could , but don't they have to wait until the beginning of 2006 when the original contract runs out ?

who the hell came up with the Moria Cemetary??? That has to be one of the worst idea's i can think of.

And as cool as the Hobbiton Mill is, I can't believe that they would produce that before they produced Bag End.

However, since non of these came to pass, its all moot.

re

They could , but don't they have to wait until the beginning of 2006 when the original contract runs out ?

HoS: I have no idea what their contractual obligations are. It would have been a nice touch to finish off the line on a high, with all the loose ends being tied up, i.e. the pieces they wish with hindsight had been made. Oh well.

The Argonath is incredible, with the river flowing through. I guess SSW ditched this when they came out with the Argornath Bookends. But, I am sorry, the prototype is 10 times better.

1 BILLION times better!!!!!!!!!!

That shield set looks awesome! Those would've looked nice with the helms.

I am curious to know why, given it was Sideshow's decision to cut ties with Weta, they (Weta) didn't continue the line but with a different distributor.
That's not an accurate assessment of what happened, let's not go spreading rumors. It's up to New Line whether Weta could continue on their own. Perhaps it will come to pass. Perhaps not.

If I could take one thing from that table though, it would be that Argonath! That is simply beautiful! :drool

I've always thought that Argonath piece was one of the most amazing pieces they ever made, and definitely the best environment (not including Stone Trolls here). It's too bad it was never produced, considering the demand there would have been.

I really wish they had produced the Mill too. Bagend would have been ideal, but that one will probably show up when The Hobbit is made. I just wish we could have had the Mill to so that we can have something to represent the Shire.

Seion

I want to know what idiot decided to hack that beautiful environment up just to give us something to put our books inbetween, which, incidentally, they don't as they're too light for most books and they just fall over. Imagine the decision:
"Hmmmmmmm, what a nice sculpture. I know, let's cut it in two, lose the river and mountains, and let people stick their books in it!"
Bloody moron if you ask me.

Back