Lord of the Rings 12" - Most Wanted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would be your most wanted 12" scale after Gandalf or Gimli?

• Arwen

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Nazgul/Ringwraith/Witch-king (anything in a black robe)

Votes: 35 24.3%
  • Merry and/or Pippin

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • Elrond

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Bilbo

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Saruman

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Theoden

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • Galadriel

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Eomer

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Lurtz/random orc

Votes: 17 11.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, the other poll got a little corrupted with the accidental sneak of what we all think is Gandalf the Grey. So here's another question:

Assume they're making Gandalf and Gimli. If you could get just one more figure (or 2 for the hobbits) which character would be your absolutely most wanted?

Great question.

Other than Gimli and Gandalf, I'd have to go with GOTHMOG!

I know, I know, but that's my choice.

A more realistic and popular choice would be a Ringwraithe and then Saruman.

Picked Eomer, as we still have nothing but the so-so bust of him from the late and lamented Sideshow/Weta line.

I will never, ever buy any figure that doesn't cover the unsightly joints on the Buck bodies. :( No hobbits, no orcs. And no lady elves in sleeveless dresses. It ruins the illusion that I've created for myself that these are not dolls, but poseable statues. :lol

Ummm.....shouldn't there be a choice for other? The Witch-King is not just a Ringwrath....in fact he carrys both swords, his own and the one of the Ringwraths.....he definitely trumps a standard Nazgul...

Just in a "devil's advocate" mode and not to attack any of the choices but...

Neither Arwen or Galadriel have costumes that expose their arms.

And about the hobbits - so these are the last LotR figures you'll EVER have and you'd choose the rather boring Merry and Pippin?

Eomer? Really? Just because he's under represented in the wide field of "all collectibles" you think he deserves a 12" figure before any of those other characters? A 12" figure that would the only other one that would ever be made?

While I'd want a complete Fellowship (and I honestly can't see it NOT happening now that we have Hobbit bodies) I voted for Ringwraiths. What is not to love about them? I just want to know how they would handle the head (or lack of).

Neither Arwen or Galadriel have costumes that expose their arms.

You're right. (Except for, maybe, Arwen's gown in Aragorn's "dream." I can't recall the details beyond the silhouette of her legs. :love ) What the gowns would show is the neck joint. Which is actually worse...

Darklord Dave said:
Eomer? Really? Just because he's under represented in the wide field of "all collectibles" you think he deserves a 12" figure before any of those other characters? A 12" figure that would the only other one that would ever be made?

Well, since you put it that way, and now that I've gone back and read your first post, and not just the poll question as I did before I voted, then my answer is ... yes. :lol Most definitely Eomer.

My reasons are manyfold. First, I'd love to see Sideshow pull off his armor. (Not that way, you pervs!) Second, he's one ferocious horselord. (That's Terry-speak for utterly bad@$$.) And third, he's one of my girlfriend's favorite characters, so he's more likely than the others to not raise her considerable ire when I add him to the collection. :D

Tough choice Dave......but I have to go with Merry and Pippen because I desperately want to have the whole Fellowship. Next would be Saruman and then Ringwraiths....then orcs. I don't really care about Theoden or Eomer or even Eowyn, Arwen or Galadriel. Though ofcourse you know I would buy them if they were ever released. :)

Since I don't collect the 12" line I'd say neither. But if only 1 more were produced, the only one I would really want to buy is SAURON :ogat :D

The more I cone to know Tolkien and the things which he holds dear, I've come to understand just how important the hobbits are, and it goes far beyond "completing the Fellowship." They represent his most beloved ideals and the depth of his morality, and they capture the essence of his work better than any other characters. To say that they are a waste would be a gross misunderstanding of the heart of his work, and they are absolutely essential to a true Tolkien collection. That is, in fact, one of the points Tolkien makes--yes, the hobbits are boring, silly, even dull--but as Gandalf explains, eliminating them would be one of the most dreadful evils Sauron could have accomplished. There is so much more to the hobbits than anybody cares to understand anymore. So assuming Gandalf and Gimli are already in production, then yes, they are absolutely my #1 next pic.

And then Saruman, bar none!

Merry and/or Pippin of course, let's see this fellowship complete!

I'm actually surprised that Merry and Pippin are winning...you'd think with only one figure left, people would want something a little more intricate....I guess the power and desire to complete the Fellowship is that strong....

Yeah, it's a really strong desire for sure. After all, what can be more iconic than this:

fellowship.jpg

Besides, once we have these two it's totally open waters--the Fellowship will be done and any figure after that will be icing on the cake. Besides, we do have Faramir, so we know Sideshow is willing to do more than just the Nine Walkers. It's just a matter of when.

Back