Taking wires out of Hot Toys Predators dreadlocks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't really care for the metal wires in my Hot Toys Ancient Predator, so I decided to pop out the dreads one by one and take the wires out. Much better now, I can actually move the head back and forth without worrying about the shoulder cannon moving or the dreadlocks poses getting messed up. They stick out alittle too much, but tomorrow I'll be putting a rubber band around all of them and just hairdrying them into having a more 'free flow' look.

Overall, I understand why Hot Toys did this, but hopefully they'll continue doing not putting the metal wires in like they did with the AVP Predators.

Anyone else attempt this?

I didn't really care for the metal wires in my Hot Toys Ancient Predator, so I decided to pop out the dreads one by one and take the wires out. Much better now, I can actually move the head back and forth without worrying about the shoulder cannon moving or the dreadlocks poses getting messed up. They stick out alittle too much, but tomorrow I'll be putting a rubber band around all of them and just hairdrying them into having a more 'free flow' look.

Overall, I understand why Hot Toys did this, but hopefully they'll continue doing not putting the metal wires in like they did with the AVP Predators.

Anyone else attempt this?

Do you have any pics of your Pred with them out.

Do you have any pics of your Pred with them out.
I'd take some, but my camera's pretty crappy(The folks who've seen my my 'photos' can attest to that:lol). Once I'm done making them 'free flow', I'll try and see if I can take some, but don't expect them to be 'MaulFan' quality.:lol

Rest assured though, the dreadlocks basically look like the ones in this pic right now;

Last edited:
I'd take some, but my camera's pretty crappy(The folks who've seen my my 'photos' can attest to that:lol). Once I'm done making them 'free flow', I'll try and see if I can take some, but don't expect them to be 'MaulFan' quality.:lol

Yeah do that! I want to see what he looks like.

Rest assured though, the dreadlocks basically look like the ones in this pic right now;

Yeah,I see your point! That Celtic Pred looks like he's having a bad dred day.:lol

No but for real,it'll take some getting use to but,it doesn't look bad

I personally like the wires, but I can see what you mean. Plus the new Predators from P2, don't have the wires and look great from what I've seen!
Thank P!TUvision for that!

Yeah, the new dreads are way less of a pain to deal with. Sure you loose some awesome possibilities... but I prefer less headache.

Yeah,I see your point! That Celtic Pred looks like he's having a bad dred day.:lol

No but for real,it'll take some getting use to but,it doesn't look bad
Eh, like I said, I'll just stick them in a rubber band and use the hairdryer on them to soften them up and then let them sit for awhile so they adjust for a 'free flow' look.

@grange: I'd like them if they weren't such a pain in the ***, but yeah, I'm glad Hot Toys decided to hold the wires on the P2 figures.:)

@Gboy: Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just got done using the hairdryer trick. The dreads are hanging alittle better, I may try it again to get them down alittle further, but other than that, kick ass! :rock

After I'm done using the hairdryer trick a second time, I'll take some pics. ;)

Done! Here's a pic;
pict0099vx3.png

Overall, I'm happy with it. MUCH better without the wires.

Doesnt look too bad man how long did it take?
About 1 hour. I basically heated the head up with a hairdryer to make the plastic soft, then I pulled a dreadlock out and took the metal wire out and popped it back into it's respectful hole and did the same with the rest till I was all done(There's a peg molded with the dreadlock that goes into the hollow head, on that peg there are two small holes, I basically pushed the plastic down till the tip of the wire was in-sight, then used a set of needle-nose pliers to pull it out and put it back into it's hole and id the same thing with the rest).

And thanks, Honestly, I like it a lot more now. Can't wait to get my P2 Predators.:D

I'll have to give this a try. Fortunately, I have a spare head to experiment with. Unfortunately, if it works, I will then have to do it to 3 AVP preds. Oh well...PS

After receeiving and loving my P2 Elder last night... I no longer have the same fondness for my Anceit AVP Predator :(

I still love it, but it does pale in comparsion!

Agreed. I'm thinking of trading mine off(Once I get it fixed, mind you) for the P2 Elder.

After that I may get Wolf, though I much prefer the original Predators.

Eh, he's alright. I don't like him wearing a cape(Anderson, you dumbass) and the fact that he can't wear a mask. That and I'm not a big fan of how he screwed up the facial design.

Back