Mass Effect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Who will be joining me in having no life tomorrow? IGN's review is up. They gave it a 9.4 out of 10. :cool:

Not really into RPG stuff except KOTOR (yes I realize it's by the same people) so i'll pass for now. Too many cool games on all the systems coming out.

This is a game I've been waiting for for years. So yeah, I'll be getting this one, but not until Wednesday because I've got classes tomorrow and then I'm driving back home and won't be getting back until late.

But seriously, it's an amazing game, and I like how they've changed the combat to be somewhat like a shooter, it makes it more interesting.

It looks awsome but i havnt played RPG games before. What do you do in a game like this? Talk to everything, gather clues or stuff like that?

It looks awsome but i havnt played RPG games before. What do you do in a game like this? Talk to everything, gather clues or stuff like that?

Some of it yes. However, this game has RPG and first person shooter elements. Also all of the dialouge is spoken. It apparently has very very good voice acting.

Rental for me, I only buy games that are great online fun
I agree, it looks amazing though. Right now I am still playing Call of Duty 4, Heavenly Sword and Guitar Hero 3 and I'll be getting Uncharted Drake's fortune and Ratchet and Clank via Gamefly soon, so it'll be a while before I get to this.

Uhhh, the FPS element just gave this game a big + in my book. That makes me seriously want to get it. So you don't battle enemy's like in Final Fantasy where you have to pick a power and attack and then wait before you can make your next move?

I agree, it looks amazing though. Right now I am still playing Call of Duty 4, Heavenly Sword and Guitar Hero 3 and I'll be getting Uncharted Drake's fortune and Ratchet and Clank via Gamefly soon, so it'll be a while before I get to this.

How's Guitar Hero? I'v been thinking about getting it but it looks hard.

Uhhh, the FPS element just gave this game a big + in my book. That makes me seriously want to get it. So you don't battle enemy's like in Final Fantasy where you have to pick a power and attack and then wait before you can make your next move?

Hell no! This will be badassery at it's finest!

I just beat Drakes last night. Best single player game I have played in years. I am not kidding. I thought it was fantastic! :cool:

I have it on order. I have been very impressed with all the updates.

The combat looks real good too.. not too much of the turn based stuff.

WIth COD4, Resident Evil: UC, Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, i need like 100 hours in a day now...

Absolutely LOVED KOTOR, KOTOR 2 wasn't as great but still good. Still wish that instead of Mass Effect, they were making KOTOR 3

Last edited:

Actually it's Third-Person shooter, but basically you can choose your weapons and aim and fire, but you can also pause combat so that you can give commands to your group on how to attack. And for RPG you choose your missions and gather information.

If you want a more in-depth look then check out the gametrailers video review:
https://www.gametrailers.com/player/27704.html

Yep you are correct. And you can only buy it online. I just couldn't pay the extra when it came down to the shipping. Let me know how it is. :cool:

It's not a Gamestop exclusive LE, it's on Amazon.com also. And they do ship so that it arrives the day it comes out if you choose overnight shipping.

Well
--they had it just for preorder, now it says it's unavailable, maybe they changed something. https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Ga...0?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195488988&sr=8-10

I'm just going to go to Wal-Mart and pick up the regular, the LE doesn't really have anything about the making-of so it's not that interesting.

Back