Still No Serenity for Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
The idea of Sideshow doing Serenity figures was again catagorically shot down in this week's Sideshow Q & A. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

No news there... just thought I'd pass it along. :rolleyes:

Here's the question:

Richard E. asks - I know that you have heard this before, but I have never heard the answer. Are there any hopes for a line of 12-inch figures based on the Joss Whedon sci-fi movie Serenity? I'm quite sure the fan base is large enough to support a line of figures.

Sideshow's Reply:

It's a tremendous universe, but there are currently no plans for Sideshow Serenity products

Perhaps since Diamond is now doing 12"ers (starting with Stargate) maybe THEY will do them since they have had some success with the Serenity ornaments and PVCs. :D

Just hope they don't look as bad as their first Stargate offering. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Last edited:
i was just at my local target store and i saw firefly for like $14. it was calling out to me so i bought it. ive never seen any episode or even a clip from this show but i thought id give it a try since everybody says how great it is. i hope im impressed.

i was just at my local target store and i saw firefly for like $14. it was calling out to me so i bought it. ive never seen any episode or even a clip from this show but i thought id give it a try since everybody says how great it is. i hope im impressed.

Simply put...this show :rock's. You will be blown away! Too bad we shall not see Sideshow tackle this...I would love to have a 1/6th Jane.:monkey2

I'm very surprised that they haven't picked up the Serenity / Firefly license, those things will sell like hot cakes.

The idea of Sideshow doing Serenity figures was again catagorically shot down in this week's Sideshow Q & A. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Here's the question:

Richard E. asks - I know that you have heard this before, but I have never heard the answer. Are there any hopes for a line of 12-inch figures based on the Joss Whedon sci-fi movie Serenity? I'm quite sure the fan base is large enough to support a line of figures.

Sideshow's Reply:

It's a tremendous universe, but there are currently no plans for Sideshow Serenity products

Perhaps since Diamond is now doing 12"ers (starting with Stargate) maybe THEY will do them since they have had some success with the Serenity ornaments and PVCs. :D

Just hope they don't look as bad as their first Stargate offering. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I don't have any confidence in Diamond doing 12 inchers, I hope I'm wrong-

What about this one?

horseheadxg1.jpg

Here's the question:

Sideshow's Reply:

just not a big enough market. sorry.

Market ....... it got a movie made about a series that consisted of 14 episodes of which only 11 aired, the market may just be enough to squeeze in under the wire. Deserves a shot anyway, to put it nicely, the "stuff" that is being offered as it concerns collectibles for Firefly/Serenity is just that, "stuff". :D

Use your influence Trevor... make Sideshow see the light :rock

As for DST making 1/6, its possible... but seems like whatever they make turns to ****. The Stargate ones dont look any different:
d_4375.jpg

Back