MUST OWN STATUE FOR BUFFY/ANGEL FANS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli26

Super Freak
Reaction score
Everyone needs to get on the Essence of Buffy statue and fast! I just picked one up today for 100 smackers! 25 under the MRSP! My LCS guy is phenomenal! He always gives me good deals! He marked it down due to a slightly damaged box, which wasn't all that bad to begin with. Alas, it's part of the collectible, so I understand. They mark the numbers on the boxes after all. Not like I would resist such a nice offer.

Whatever the case, I wasn't interested in picking up another product from Diamond. Very rarely do their figures or statues/busts look anything like their prototypes... Until now, the Essence of Buffy is one of those few rare exceptions.

To say I am extremely excited about this piece is an understatement, once you have it in hand! This thing exudes attention! The detail. The sculpt. The paint apps. The neat light up feature, which really works well for this piece. I don't get excited very often like this. This has my adrenaline pumping more than a lot of PFs that I have purchased in the past. Which speaks volumes for this statue. Okay, I'll admit the Green Goblin and the Hulk PFs are hard to best. I know I am probably over hyping this little statue, but for the money it's a very nice piece of work! I definitely recommend everyone who loves collecting anything concerning the Whedonverse, no I urge you.. to pick this sucker up! When you get to a slighty dark area of the house and you flick that sucker on. UBBER EYE CANDY!

I would take pictures, but suffice to say my camera sucks as much as a hook... okay I won't go there.

Anyway, here's a link below if you wish to purchase said item...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC10631&mode=retail

Last edited:
Seriously, can someone really have their legs spread that far apart and still be standing? :google:google:google

I've got mine few days ago and I totally agree! Best resin Buffy by DST, so far! :D

The paintjob is really good and the light effect is awesome. Not too great on SMG likeness but then again it supposed to reflect the essence of the character rather her specific look, and IMO it certainly have. ;)

I'd pretty much dismissed these essence of... statues because they were DST and just seemed to be repurposing of the action figures. But I'm slowly being won over...

I'd pretty much dismissed these essence of... statues because they were DST and just seemed to be repurposing of the action figures. But I'm slowly being won over...

I don't think it’s the case because these puppies were/are sculptured by Jean St. Jean Studios rather than Gentle Giants.

I love that statuette. And the Essence of Spike statue is awesome as well. I was kind of disappointed by the pictures someone posted in this board some time ago, but i recently saw it in my local comic shop and it's amazing in person. I'll be getting the complete first series in the hopes that they release more characters like Faith, Giles, Xander and Cordelia.

I agree. I didn't think much of these, but I would love to see the series continue with Faith, Illyria, and Cordelia. I know the high price on them discourages folks, but I think DST makes a LOT of money off them. That mark up must be tremendous.

Still, Buffy and Spike look great and I look forward to Willow and Angel.

I agree. I didn't think much of these, but I would love to see the series continue with Faith, Illyria, and Cordelia. I know the high price on them discourages folks, but I think DST makes a LOT of money off them. That mark up must be tremendous.

Still, Buffy and Spike look great and I look forward to Willow and Angel.

Actually, they aren't that off.. 100 US is what you can get them for if you look good enough. For what they are.. sculpt, paint apps, and the gimmick.. 100 is very respectible.

Any "in hand pics" of the Spike? I would love to see it lighted.

Also, how much of the Buffy statue lights up ... I am assuming the torch and dusted Vampire.

I am also curious about the Angel statue. DST stated that all of these statues would feature a light up function. But, I just can't see how the door kicking statue could light up.

Also, how much of the Buffy statue lights up ... I am assuming the torch and dusted Vampire.

I am also curious about the Angel statue. DST stated that all of these statues would feature a light up function. But, I just can't see how the door kicking statue could light up.

All I can say is buy the statue. You'll thank me later. :)

Buffy is indeed has the torch and the dusted vamp light up (check my pictures on the previous page). Angel would have a blue light coming from door's frame-head. :)

The Buffy is perfect and the Spike is decent (talking design, not sculpting, etc.). But I really wish they had gone with a better Angel concept. My perfect design would have been Angel staking the two vamps in the first season's beginning credits:

fb28888b.jpg

Sorry, best image I could find .... :D

Just recieved the Buffy one today. The vampire was broken off from the wall, missing his "pointing" finger( sorry don't know the correct english for that one. Is it "index finger"?) and the top of the flame on his shoulder was missing. :monkey2
The finger couldn't be found in the package, found the flame part though.:emperor
Ordered from TFAW.com so I'll contact them for a replacement.
Where going to just glue him back until I noticed the missing finger and flamepart as well.

Just recieved the Buffy one today. The vampire was broken off from the wall, missing his "pointing" finger( sorry don't know the correct english for that one. Is it "index finger"?) and the top of the flame on his shoulder was missing. :monkey2
The finger couldn't be found in the package, found the flame part though.:emperor
Ordered from TFAW.com so I'll contact them for a replacement.
Where going to just glue him back until I noticed the missing finger and flamepart as well.

That sucks bud. I feel for you. Hope you get a replacement and soon!

Keep us updated!

They didn't have any more in stock, but I will get a refund after I sent them these pictures:

p1010125pv5.jpg

p1010124lw2.jpg

p1010126bj5.jpg

p1010130yh8.jpg

Now, where did I put the crazyglue?:confused:

Back