NEW Star Wars at SSC B&W Black Friday

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a thread to dedicate to discussion on this so we can leave the other threads on topic.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but given how SSC is about clues, B&W and stormtroopers would just be too obvious, whatever they announce will definitely leave us going "wouldn't have guessed that", I figure.

Gandalf would be great for LOTR, but the Marvel thread has a good case for a limited Grey LS Hulk bust too. Whatever they announce, I'm sure it'll look great, but if it's out of 1/6 line, I won't jump right to it, have to be a bit more conservative with larger pieces.

My guess:

Black and White: Universal Monster
Light and Dark: Probably Domestic Exclusive Jedi
Shades of Grey: Come on, Gandalf

Actually the Hulk idea might not be a bad idea. We saw from Spook that they won't put up important characters without warning. Especially if there could be an exclusive.

I'll post my guess here too since this will be the official thread...

How about a Beru/Owen regular & chared 4 pack. Its definatly black & white. :)

I beat your thread by a minute MaulFan :lol

I stick by Stormtroopers. They've said we'll see them in '08 (I believe) so a PPO for them isn't unheard of.

My guess:

Black and White: Universal Monster
Light and Dark: Probably Domestic Exclusive Jedi
Shades of Grey: Come on, Gandalf

If you re-read it, it says they ALL reflect the themes of B&W, D&L, etc..

I don't think each one is a clue to the various POs.

Besides, you missed Bad & Good then... what's that one?

Stormtroopers would be great, but much like was said about Vader during Spooktacular, armored figures like Stormies from Sideshow is something important for them to unveil for the line, they'll want to unveil it at a time they figure it'll get the most attention and between traveling and visiting family and shopping, Black Friday seems like a good day for announcements where you're not looking to get the biggest audience in the moment.

Here's the blurb for all to inspect and analyze:

Collectors can expect some valuable discounts and specials, a couple of fun contests and giveaways, and exciting new product pre-orders (from Universal Monsters, LOTR, Star Wars, and more!), all reflecting the themes of Black & White, Dark & Light, Bad & Good (and a few Shades of Gray)! (There will be no previews for these new pre-orders, so make sure to tune into SideshowCollectibles.com on the 23rd to find out what they are.)

Also, elsewhere in the newsletter, it says there will be a SNEAK for LOTR in the Tuesday SS Radio Podcast.

You may even get a tease of our next release in our 'The Lord of the Rings' line in this edition!

Light and Dark?!?!?!!?

That is so obviously a reference to DARTH VADER!!!!!!

ITS VADER!!!!!!!!!!!11

:rolleyes:

What Id like to know is if they will give us time frames for the POs in the Wednesday newsletter.

Me too. My brother is playing in the Turkey Shoot in Las Vegas. I don't want to have to miss any of his games if I don't have to. I will miss one though if I KNOW when an item I want is up for order. Even doorbuster ads have the times listed.

Doorbusters = Servercrashers?

Back