Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Time to finish that book.

Personally, I thought the Order of the Phoenix was excellent and the movie was the worst of all 5.

Another one? How many damn Potter books are out there?

7, last book just released a couple months back, so two more movies to go, this one included.

PLEASE no spoilers. Do you know how hard it is to try and not hear what happened and who dies in last book. I think I've managed, but have heard some stuff.

Can't wait for the movie! I like how that woman says the word "quidditch".

Funny, the fifth movie is the only one I really liked. That's the funny thing about the HP series--everybody has totally different favorites. I HATE numbers 3 and 4, yet my sisters read them like the Bible. Yet number 5 is my favorite thing ever, and all of my friends look down on it.

I'll give the woman credit; she manages to please everybody at some point. :cool:

CF,

You hated 3 & 4?? wow, they were the best 2 IMO. I really liked 5 as well. Can't wait for 6.

Can't wait for this, or the new bluray DVDs coming soon. I thought the Order of the Phoenix movie was "choppy", alot the scenes seemed to get cut off and jump to something totally different. Still good though. Still waiting for the PF line from GG to start moving.

I can't wait for #6. I really really really really really hope that they get the guy who played Tom Riddle in Chamber of Secrets to play him in HBP. Love the books and love the movies.

Can't wait for this, or the new bluray DVDs coming soon. I thought the Order of the Phoenix movie was "choppy", alot the scenes seemed to get cut off and jump to something totally different. Still good though. Still waiting for the PF line from GG to start moving.

Exactly. I had finished the book the day I went to see the movie and was very dissapointed, but more so than is typical with the book vs. movie scenario. I actually started wondering during the film how people that had not read the book could have followed along without some questions as to motivation of characters, plot holes, etc. They hardly included Kreacher and he was a great character. The other movies were spot on, parts that were left out didn't matter much, just a bonus you get by reading book. Hopefully future movies won't be so dissapointing (IMO). The final seen with the prohecy was completely different than what I envisioned.

Edit: What's the "PF" line from GG? you mean the busts? Or is Gentle Giant producing premium format figures of HP I'm not aware of?

So have they announced any of the new cast yet? Slughorn, Scrimgoure, Greyback?

I really hope Bill Nigh (Davy Jones, Shaun's step-dad) gets in the series somehow.

Exactly. I had finished the book the day I went to see the movie and was very dissapointed, but more so than is typical with the book vs. movie scenario. I actually started wondering during the film how people that had not read the book could have followed along without some questions as to motivation of characters, plot holes, etc. They hardly included Kreacher and he was a great character. The other movies were spot on, parts that were left out didn't matter much, just a bonus you get by reading book. Hopefully future movies won't be so dissapointing (IMO). The final seen with the prohecy was completely different than what I envisioned.

Edit: What's the "PF" line from GG? you mean the busts? Or is Gentle Giant producing premium format figures of HP I'm not aware of?

I felt the same about those who didn't read the book. There was no stopping to explain anything. You either got it, or didn't. I kind of like that because it didn't waste time, but the film was still too short.

Yes, there is a PF line you are not aware of. They showed Voldemort and Harry at SDCC.

I felt the same about those who didn't read the book. There was no stopping to explain anything. You either got it, or didn't. I kind of like that because it didn't waste time, but the film was still too short.

Yes, there is a PF line you are not aware of. They showed Voldemort and Harry at SDCC.

Honestly, a lot of OoTP was filler writing. A lot of it wasn't necessary, but IMHO, they left a WHOLE lot out that I would have liked. But if they put in everything I liked, the movie would have been like 7 hours long. Which honestly, I would have seen, but I digress.

CF,

You hated 3 & 4?? wow, they were the best 2 IMO. I really liked 5 as well. Can't wait for 6.

Yeah, in my opinion they were really weak. But there you have it; everybody has their own likes and dislikes and what some really love others may not care for. And thank goodness for that. :cool:

Honestly, a lot of OoTP was filler writing. A lot of it wasn't necessary, but IMHO, they left a WHOLE lot out that I would have liked. But if they put in everything I liked, the movie would have been like 7 hours long. Which honestly, I would have seen, but I digress.

It's gotta be so hard to take an 800 page book and make a 175-200 page movie. 3/4 of the book must be left out. It really sucks but I wish each movie was 3.5 hours long with an extended version :eek:

So have they announced any of the new cast yet? Slughorn, Scrimgoure, Greyback?

I really hope Bill Nigh (Davy Jones, Shaun's step-dad) gets in the series somehow.

I know they've been filming the cave part, which should be awesome. I know they casted Mrs. Malfoy, but can't remember who it was. I cannot wait to see this movie. Too bad I need to wait another year.

I'm a bit surprised to see Quiditch back since it really doesn't add that much to either of the last two books.

I imagine Slughorn is a must for this film. I really hope they have Greyback as he is such an interesting character (should really add to the suspense at the end of the movie and in the last movie)

James Broadbent was cast as Slughorn months ago. Another excellent bit of casting.

Some help on keywords to google for more info, please. Are these available now, through normal etailers, directly through GG site, etc.?

Edit: nevermind, got my answers. link

Last edited:

Cool!I still have not seen OOTP yet.(waiting for the DVD)

Back