Newbie (New Kiwi?) to the board from New Zealand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LastofNine

I'm a beginning collector of Lord of the Rings Sideshow WetA items. You Aussies, Yanks and Canucks here seem like a fine, friendly bunch. I look forward to being here. Didn't realise just how broad the collecting is.

By the way if you are interested, perhaps one day in chat I can talk about my experience also as an extra role portraying a king who stood right next to Alan Lee in the opening sequence of FOTR.

Cheers!

WOW.... if you aren't full of TopHat.... that would be one helluva cool thing. Are you actually telling us that you were one of the Kings of Men? Hmmmm interresting indeed.

And welcome to the board. You're coming in as things have slowed down now that the line has ended.. but there are still a good many good people here.

Hi,

Welcome to the board...as a beginner collector, prepare to lose LOTS of money (and eventually your car, your house, your wife/girlfriend.. :lol )
Lookin' forward to that story, my friend....

Ericske
Be

are you from Wellington, Auckland, CHCH?

I live here in Berhampore, Wellington

Welcome...

Indeed I thought all of you might find some of the work I've done as extras in various movies, recently just finished playing Dr. Peter Burger in a low budget futuristic movie here in NZ called AIDEKO INSANE.

The reason I thought I would come here in addition to collecting SideshowWeta items was another member who no longer appears to be on this site wrote me a very nice letter some while ago, even going so far as to include New Zealand stamps on her SASE. She had asked me if I was the gentleman who portrayed the center man, the king many assume became the Witchking of legend. Unfortunately my response to her was brief because I was NOT the individual she was looking for and could not give her the pertinent details necessary for what she was asking.

A few other friends have also told me of this site, and enamoured of it, I came here.

Larry Rew

Hi Larry,
did u get to keep your crown or any other memorabilia ?

and welcome to the board.

Welcome Larry (if it really is you, :lol )

And don't tell me, this nice woman infactuated with the Witchking happened to call herself Michelle?

Hmmm... :rolleyes

I thought that too WS as soon as I read the post.

Welcome Larry :wave :wave

shell
x
:toast :gimli

:wilkommen

The big question is, do you have a first piece or if not, what will it be? :wave

Welcome aboard. It hurts to come in late. I missed the first year of the WETA line and now find the first highly desirable items out of reach financially. But there is such fun in the collecting, I know you are going to enjoy it immensely.

I'm looking forward to a trip to New Zealand in November. My first ever -- coming from Chicago. Usually spend my holidays in the UK so this will be a new experience. Inspired, of course, by LOTR.

Welcome aboard. I am fairly new to the board as well. Everyone so far has been pretty good. It sounds like you have a few interesting LOTR stories to tell that no else here has.:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

Welcome to the board!

It's thrilling to know that someone who was directly involved, even if just for a short period of time, with the production of the Lord of the Rings movies collects Sideshow Weta items and will participate on this message board!!

Much welcome to you, Larry!

:wilkommen :wilkommen :wilkommen :wilkommen :wilkommen

Welcome Larry... I never talked to a movie star before... :)

I am sure you will love it here. We are a great family. So welcome to the family :grouphug

Hello and welcome.
Would love to hear from your experiance on the set.
Have fun collecting the best LotR stuff there is!

Welcome Larry the Twisted King!

anyone have a pic of the King of Men. I didn't know Alan was one. Which one are you Larry!

Very Cool and Welcome :bliss

Back