Koto 2008 Bounty Hunter Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
Next year Koto will be releasing a series of six bounty hunters. Each will come with an interlocking base and an extra piece to form a Darth Vader figure.

Boba Fett is the first release in April. When did Fett start wearing wedges?

This is a cool idea and the Koto stuff always holds a remarkable amount of detail. Their stuff usually seems plentiful, but I'd hate to see someone get on the bandwagon late. Looks like they'll be in a full circle somehow around the Imperial logo. Cool:cool:

Very cool. I'd love to see a complete picture with all six bounty hunters and Vader. :cool:

I think they've only shown Fett so far. It looks like IG-88 will the next one. And it's cool that Vader will be able to be displayed in three different poses.

This is from the press release:

STAR WARS: THE BOUNTY HUNTER SERIES
BOBA FETT ARTFX STATUE
A KOTOBUKIYA Japanese import! The acclaimed series of Kotobukiya ARTFX Statues expands with the addition of the
highest requested characters from the Star Wars universe: THE BOUNTY HUNTER SERIES!
From the darkest chapter of the saga, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader has summoned mercenaries
from across the galaxy to help him capture Han Solo, thereby luring Luke Skywalker into a deadly confrontation. Six of
the fiercest hunters are assembled: Dengar, 4LOM,
Zuckass, Bossk, IG88,
and legendary BOBA FETT.
The enigmatic Boba Fett stands 11 3/4'' tall in a dynamic combat pose, simultaneously flying and firing his flame thrower.
His distinctive Mandalorian armor has been replicated with stunning accuracy, with detailing based upon the costume
used in Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi. Each of the Bounty Hunters will include special bonus parts for you to collect.
Once all six Hunters have been released, you will be able to assemble the bonus parts into a brand new, full size DARTH
VADER ARTFX Statue! A free $100 value given at no additional cost! Fett will include Darth Vader’s left arm.
In addition, each of the Hunters will include a unique hexagonal base, which can be linked together on any side, creating a variety of display options for the That is a lot of bounty to be hunted, so let’s review…
• A new ARTFX Statue each month, six in total
• Interlocking bases, which can be arranged to form the Imperial logo
• Bonus figure parts that can be assembled into a full size Darth Vader statue
• Additional bonus parts will also be included so that Vader can be displayed in three different poses
With its large scale and impeccable paint applications, this ARTFX Statue is a snapfit
kit that can be easily put together in seconds without glue or modeling with the next release scheduled to be IG88!

Thanks for posting that! Sounds interesting.

A little strange that the series is based on Empire Strikes Back, but they used the Fett outfit from Return of the Jedi.

Thanks for posting that! Sounds interesting.

A little strange that the series is based on Empire Strikes Back, but they used the Fett outfit from Return of the Jedi.

Wasn't the first Koto Fett from Empire? Maybe that's why this one is from Jedi. It's still a little odd.

Wasn't the first Koto Fett from Empire? Maybe that's why this one is from Jedi. It's still a little odd.

I just think it's a weird choice to have ROTJ Fett in a display with other characters recreating the famous bounty hunter lineup from Empire Strikes Back.

When did Fett start wearing wedges?

Right after Greedo started wearing pumps.

marialucas_jpg_w300h478.jpg

HOB-FIG-7996_01.jpg
zuckuss_1.jpg

HOB-FIG-7997_01.jpg
HOB-FIG-7997_02.jpg

12767.jpg

First I have seen of the new Vader and I don't know if I care for it too much...but this will be a very cool display of the bounty hunters!

Very odd pose choice for Vader... not sure who he's "giving it up for", but definitely not the best pose I've seen.

Boba looks pretty badass though.

those all look great. already know im getting boba, but its gonna get costly to get the rest of the hunters.

i always hoped they would make the "Vader getting something down off the top shelf" pose!

IG-88 and bossk look awesome... the other poses are meh! I'll probably pass.

You got a pic of ig-88 ? in this set ?

As for the Vader pose ?

Guessing once the bountys are all around him and the impo logos in place - it should make a tad more sense.

Although I did have a little chortle at the

i always hoped they would make the "Vader getting something down off the top shelf" pose!.

but yeh unusual pose for Vader Would have been better imho for him simply to have been in the middle and facing outward like boba

Back