Sam & Bill - how many?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

ShelobsPrey

Sam & Bill - how many?

Hello all!

I know the Sam & Bill statue is a popular/rare piece, but how many were made? An open edition, I know, but anyone care to guesstimate? Just curious - seems that fewer and fewer hit eBay...

:hat

As of yesterday, there were 3005 and they've made another 50 today (but don't tell anyone).

The number I heard was 1640...

(Goes to dust Sam and Bill statue)

[whistles...]

CRASH!!

Erm... Make that 1639...

Well mum's trying her hardest to make sure they become even rarer than they are now ;)

She said she wanted to see the repair job but I kept him behind glass, saying it'll be too much of a hassle to get him out now he's reunited with Bill. :hat

Sam and Bill are resting nicely here, it sure is nerve racking putting them on the base though! :google

Sam & Bill

I just received mine the other day (thanks, blur88!). I also was wondering about the edition size; since the piece IS unnumbered, where does the 750-1000 figure come from? Were there production problems that limited the number?

Re: Sam & Bill

Well.. I weren't around when this piece went up for sale originally, so I wouldn't know how well or not this piece sold or if there were any production issues for that matter.

The numbers are just speculation based on earlier pieces having lower edition sizes (the line had a smaller following), the value it's currently hit on ebay, and how infrequently it comes up.

Re: Sam & Bill

I was around and collecting when this piece went up for sale, and the truth is that it wasn't selling well at all. Most of the collectors at that time were more interested in the bad guys, so Sam and Bill were getting little notice. I recall Sideshow offering a discount on them at one point, and the site I ordered from (I think it was bigbadtoystore.com) had it on sale for a ridiculously low $100.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I would be very, very surprised if there are more than a thousand of them in existence.

Back