Zombie 1/4 PF's? Yea or nay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a 1/4 scale zombie PF or statue?

• Total voters

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
If a 1/4 scale Zombie statue or PF line was started,
would it be something that would interest you as a
zombie/horror fan? Just curious if the zombie love is
limited to 12" figures or not.

JS

Yeah, another thread on this. I'm sure this will be the same as the last 12. 80% NO, 20% YES.

It's a cool idea for a $50 figure. But hardly anyone will really fork out $250 for a 1/4 scale zombie.

Yeah, another thread on this. I'm sure this will be the same as the last 12. 80% NO, 20% YES.

It's a cool idea for a $50 figure. But hardly anyone will really fork out $250 for a 1/4 scale zombie.

:lecture :lecture

Agreed. I also like the ability to pose them in 1/6 rather than just having a statue of a zombie.

No thanks, too much money for a random dead person. Part of the greatness of the 12" zombie line is that SS can reuse costumes and accessories creatively to save us some $$ on the figures. With PF Sideshow couldn't even reuse the bodies. Zombies aren't worth $200+ to me.

Personally, I think if SS kept the price around $175-$200 (which is likely considering it's not a licensed property) and went with an insanely low edition size, say around 300 pieces, I bet they would have no problem selling through. Then I'm sure we'd see a lot more than 2 out of 10 collectors clamoring for the PF as the aftermarket value skyrocketed. :) I just think a 1/4 scale Zombie, if done extremely well, would attract a lot more collectors than one might think once they actually saw it. But again, I think a low price point and a very tight ES would be crucial. I hope they do it! They could recycle any number of existing PF clothing & accessories to keep the cost down and I personally wouldn't mind as long as it still stood out.

Personally, I think if SS kept the price around $200 (which is likely considering it's not a licensed property) and went with an insanely low edition size, say around 300 pieces, I bet they would have no problem selling through. Then I'm sure we'd see a lot more than 2 out of 10 collectors clamoring for the PF as the aftermarket value skyrocketed. :) I just think a 1/4 scale Zombie, if done extremely well, would attract a lot more collectors than one might think once they actually saw it. But again, I think a low price point and a very tight ES would be crucial. I hope they do it! They could recycle any number of existing PF clothing & accessories to keep the cost down and I personally wouldn't mind as long as it still stood out.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Personally, I think if SS kept the price around $175-$200 (which is likely considering it's not a licensed property) and went with an insanely low edition size, say around 300 pieces, I bet they would have no problem selling through. Then I'm sure we'd see a lot more than 2 out of 10 collectors clamoring for the PF as the aftermarket value skyrocketed. :) I just think a 1/4 scale Zombie, if done extremely well, would attract a lot more collectors than one might think once they actually saw it. But again, I think a low price point and a very tight ES would be crucial. I hope they do it! They could recycle any number of existing PF clothing & accessories to keep the cost down and I personally wouldn't mind as long as it still stood out.

Low price point + low ES would mean very little money being made off the statues for SSC. Maybe they could justify doing this for one or two pieces, but I just can't see them taking this on as a major line. Even so, I personally couldn't justify paying >$100 for a single zombie statue.

It will be interesting to see how closely this poll comes to Red's poll from last year.

Low price point + low ES would mean very little money being made off the statues for SSC. Maybe they could justify doing this for one or two pieces, but I just can't see them taking this on as a major line. Even so, I personally couldn't justify paying >$100 for a single zombie statue.

I agree, I don't think anyone is expecting it to be treated as a major line. But it's certainly not beyond SS to produce something with limited revenue potential just for the fun of it. Heck, that's how the entire DEAD line was started in the first place.

I agree, I don't think anyone is expecting it to be treated as a major line. But it's certainly not beyond SS to produce something with limited revenue potential just for the fun of it. Heck, that's how the entire DEAD line was started in the first place.

That is why SS is awesome.

Didn't realize it was a duplicate thread, but I guess it makes sense.
Seems like it'd be a winning line if done as Andy describes.
Just throwing the question out there.........

JS

I don't see people forking over 150-200 bucks for an unknown, unnamed zombie. Maybe people would pay that if the zombies were from certain movies (Flyboy, Bub or even Tar Man) but I don't think people would part with their money for a random nurse zombie, or a random anything.

That's great for a one-sixth line but for a PM I don't think so.

I hope not, cuz I'd probably want to get, but I like the 12" line just fine. I hope the 12" line get's HUGE, I'm talking 30-40+ various zombies and then some. Zombies are cool in the masses. A few high dollar zombies wouldn't do much for me. But then again, maybe the Ash PF would have someone to hang with.

Back