I got my Gentle Giant Vader Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jlcmsu

I have to say this piece is really really awesome. If you are one the fence about it get this thing. Its as detailed as the SSW statues and as impressive to see in person as those pieces. The comments about him looking abnormal as far as length or size of his head are no issue at all in person. I love how its like the SSW pieces as far as being an actual statue and it being 1/6th scale it fits right in. This thing is also very very heavy. I was suprised how heavy it was and you can also tell how it comes from the same plant as the SSW items by the way its packed. It also comes with that very friendly and wonderful smell we all know and love :)

Yes I get mine tomorrow but saw one in person over the weekenend was blown away. I agree with Josh, for 160+ for this piece, no way you can go wrong!

mmmmust.....stay ......strong......cannot.....must not........ give in!! :x :x :x

Pitch give in. This piece is a must have!!! Like Danny said for the price you cant go wrong.

Re: re

Padme maquette:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

I cant wait to get mine!!

Not too much into the Maquettes but they are cool looking.

I also forgot to mention I got #186.

re

I happen to like the maquettes more than the mainstream line of mini-busts. Translating a cartoon character into a 3-D maquette is nothing short of amazing...and what a job they did in making these 5.

Long may the line continue. I am hoping that after Anakin and Grievous, we'll see Dooku and Durge.

I'm not dissing them. They are cool and even cooler cause of the fact they come from a cartoon.

Yeah, GG did a nice job translating a 2D cartoon into 3D statues. If I wasn't a day late and a dollar short, I'd be all over these maquettes like a cheap suit. :lol

OK just wanted to make sure ya knew I wasn't hating on them. You know me thats not my style.

Looks very good from that angle. His head doens't look too big there :lol
Must resist .....:sick

No, his head is just fine :p :lol

No, you must break this piece is a must have.

I hope so!!

Good to see you post HP it's been a while since I have seen you.

Jesse

I still think the legs look like they belong to a midget. His cloak is very cool however. But I'll still hold out till I get my SS excl. Vader :sleep

I should have my Vader statue anytime from Alter Ego :lvader

BDK

I am glad some of you like this piece. The short legs just bother me too much and I would want Vader from the OT and not ROTS.

Regarldess, I REALLY wish Sideshow would update their site with their "updated" version.

Thanks Josh for these pics, he looks great now! At 24", this is going to be the ultimate Vader IMO.
snapshot002542ol.jpg

snapshot002422dh.jpg

snapshot002504gi.jpg

Back