ebay ripoff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmbuzz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys.. I just wanted to vent cuz i dont know what to do..

I bought a item on ebay .. A Warhammer 40k item.. I know its not exactly horror..

The description said a "Resin Figure" When I recieved the item it wasnt made of resin its made from Stone..which is alot easier to chip and break.. the item cost $125.. not to mention that it is about 25% as big as it looks.. the item looks like a hover tank and I guess its actually a hover gun platform instead..

Anyway the item was insured which is nice.. but I am not happy with the item.. Are all sales final on ebay.. I dont think the item is worth $125 by a longshot..its about 5 inches long.. not to mention the item is not made of resin..

Anyway.. like I said.. anybody know anything about possibly pursuing a refund.. never done it.. I dont think paypal will gimme a refund as the item did arrive..

Dont get me wrong.. I hate to do it to the seller.. but hey .. it just looks to be a bit misleading.. and I honestly feel burned..

Anyway feel free to post comments or advice.. they are appreciated..

Paypal will offer you a refund even if the item was received. They will give you a refund if the item is not a described. I would file a dispute and send the item back to the seller so he doesn't get screwed. You should get your money back or atleast give the seller a chance to offer you a partial refund to the amount that you feel the item is worth. Well, that is my 2 cents. Good Luck

Cheers,

Brad

I've had to file two claims via Paypal (out of MANY purchases), both were damaged, and appeared to be damaged prior to shipping because box had no noticeable damage from shipping. Plead your case well and Paypal may side with you. You will most likely loose cost of shipping. I would attempt to work it out with seller, voice your dissatisfaction, and see what they say. If they aren't willing to work it out, open paypal dispute under "item significantly not as described", and good luck. But be warned, if seller accurately described item, and you have buyers remorse, paypal may not side with you.

Thanks for the input guys.. Hey I aint out to take advantage of anyone or anything like that.. This was an expensive item that I expected to be resin.. I am very surprised the item was not damaged due to it being thin. The barrel on the cannon is curved also.. but looks ok when mounted on the platform...

Now yes I did expect the items to be larger.. but I aint miffed about that.. the resin thing is what kinda got me irritated..

But hey trying to work it out with the seller sounds like great advice.. everyone elses comments I do appreciate..thanks I guess there is some thinking to do..

I don't know dude. I googled your item description with "ebay" included and couldn't find any previous sales, so have no idea how much these normally go for. The only thing I could find was Item number: 3189727651 which was made by games workshop, not Monolith, and this item sold for $9. Bid history shows it got up to $65, so I'm assuming it's worth at least that. Like my dad always told me, "an item is worth however much someone is willing to pay for it." Wish I could help you out more, but don't know enough about this subject matter. The seller seems to be on the up and up, with the whole 35 feedbacks he has.

I do alot of buying and selling both.... I have had to give refunds every now and then myself.. but with paypal usually going with the buyer.. IN some cases I had no say in the matter..

The whole think I am asking.. basically is what would you guys do.. Oh sure I can file a dispute with paypal... but I guess I am asking if yall think its warranted.. I mean i dont believe I am being unfair... in my thinking..

This was an expensive piece that just doesnt seem to be the same condition as advertised.

Hey mesaScott yea the item you googles isnt the same scale.. Thats an EPIC scale version.. This one is supposed to be a 40k version ..The link you click on the auction takes you to a collectors site full of rare minatures.... and that site also takes you to 40k versions.. which are 28mm which are toy soldier size..

Thanks for the info though..

I have emailed the seller Asking about the item being in stone not resin and informed him of my dissapointment.. we will see what happens..

Wow.. I am actually very surprised.. and was fast too
the seller has already emailed me and seems to be a standup guy..

his response was as follows..

"Oh, I wasn't aware there was a difference. I'm happy to refund your money if you want to return the item."

Apparently he just didnt know the difference in the materials the item was cast in..

Sounds like a legitimate mistake to me..

Well thanks for the input guys.. It seems its gonna work out..

yea its from the armorcast erra.. a closer match to the stuff epicast was actually putting out.. as they had several eldar items..
hmm old resin.. yea I do got some older stuff like that.. I will have to reexamine it.

This thing is only like 3" long though.. now if it 40k size like its supposed to be.. apparently its a battle platform not a tank.. I know its a Prism Weapon.. so I guess its a hover platform with a prism gun that uses the fire prism stats..

Wow, is this stuff really that valuable? I have a set of lead "Forgotten Realms" (Made in China) figurines. I painted maybe half of them. If I could get some serious cash for them, I'd gladly sell.

Hey I dont know how forgotten realms sells.. you could do a past auctions to find out..

All kinds of old models are selling for 40k due to the apocalypse expansion which allows you to use any models in your army.. all you pay is pts cost.. so if you want a army of all tanks you can have it.. not limited to only 3 hvy support..

so the sky is the limit on all kinds of miniatures..

Back