OK...This is INSANITY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wetaholic

I just got shipping notices for these at the same time:

PIPPIN
GALADRIEL
AMON HEN
WEATHERTOP
BUCKLEBERRY FERRY

I am cancelling all of these environments because I can't afford them and Galadriel and I think I am going to cancel Pippin probably which is a shame...and I am doing that because it looks like Sauron is going to pop up sooner than expected too!!! What do they think I'm MADE OF MONEY!?

I am so mad with Sideshow about this churning evrything out all at once as I am going to miss out on buying direct from them and just have to hope I can pick up some of the enviros off the 2ndary market later on!!!

>: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >:

It's called 'Get rid of all the crap as we want to focus on our new projects'.

Fortunately, I only collect the statues so this won't be affecting me much, especially as I get all mine from ebay. I do find it alarming that Sideshow did not think of the financial implications that their actions would have on collectors.

My answer would be to cancel all orders and then wait until the prices fall at a later date. All of those pieces will be on ebay in six months time at a lower price. None of them are must-buys and some of them are downright embarrassing.

Save your money and buy one of the better releases.

I don't get it. The mirror that was suppose to be included with Galadriel was canned because it would make the piece too expensive (adding another $75-100) but shipping multiple statues at once isn't too expensive for customers? :dunno

"shipping multiple items at the same time isn't too expensive?"

Well.. that blows Brants statement about the peeps at Sideshow/Weta having us poor collectors in mind when deciding on the scale of certain pieces... and thus opting to go for 'Mini-Me' versions of pretty much all the pieces I wanted in large scale!

Well, on the brighter side of things...I now have pretty much zilch left on order.

Yes, that does indeed...suck!

I have not received shipping notices for Galadriel or Amon Hen yet...Hmm....

Anybody would fink that they're desperate ta see the end of LOTR :bang :bang
I've had FIVE 21 day notices tonite too :help :help :help

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

yeah.. it certainly sucks when you get hit at once...

I only have Amon Hen comming now as i already received everything else (that i ordered anyway). The CC bill certainly reflected just how much of a difference getting all this stuff at once makes.

And i haven't recieved Amon Hen notice either!!!! C'mon Amon!!!!! (fingers crossed that something today, which will mean it will be here tomorrow.

What I wonder is how can they manage to produce such a large amount of items without compromising in some areas? For example, quality control (or Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dummer as they are known to their clocking-in cards) couldn't tell their arse from their elbow let alone some of the crappy paint jobs that have appeared in the past. Added to that the 'Oh something's fallen off. Quickly stick it back on with some chewing gum and paint over it' approach. All this happened when production was probably at less than half of what it is at the moment so be prepared.

Apparently two extra guys have recently started work in Quality Control. Their names are Malcolm the Mole and Brian the Bat. They even have a celebrity supervisor... Stevie Wonder!

Actually I like getting the 21 day notices, give's me time to plan for the arrivals. Here I am begging for my shipping invoices!!!

It's not just LotR, lots of other big ticket items are also shipping. It's inevitable that some things will ship at the same times when they're putting out so many items. Personally I want to get my stuff as soon as it's ready rather than have them held back.

And I really don't see what the size of an item has to do with it. You'd prefer that not only are 5 items shipping but also that they'd be more expensive?

It's not just LotR, lots of other big ticket items are also shipping. It's inevitable that some things will ship at the same times when they're putting out so many items.

But shipping lots of LOTR items at the same time will obviously hit LOTR collectors hard. It is their choice to put out the items at the same time. Surely they could have staggered it better by releasing further into 2006.

Wolvie vs Sabertooth
Lady G
Amon
Eomers helm
Werewolf Oz
Han Solo bust
AND SILVER SURFER CHROME statue

BRING EM ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What we've had these for ages, these are'nt new you just didnt notice them is all sheesh."

The only thing I have to worry about is when am I going to be able to display my Hellboy 1/4 :bang without getting in trouble.

You'd prefer that not only are 5 items shipping but also that they'd be more expensive?

No, wot I'd prefer is wot CCT suggests, a staged shipping over a few months :thwak :bang :thwak

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Exactly what CCT said.

Why go to the trouble of making smaller scale statues and so on in order to keep cost down when you could just spread out the shipping time for items which would help more?

It doesn't matter if we get a cheaper Galadriel (even though I'm sure everyone would have gladly paid extra $ for the mirror) if it's shipping with 5 or 6 other pieces including a $300 Sauron.

What?

To me its no big deal, I knew they were coming got the notices for all of them at once so I assumed they would all be shipping at once. It would be different if only one notice came then all a sudden 5 things were to ship instead of one.

Nobody else got their 21 day notices?

Re: What?

When things are done they are done and ready to ship and it seems SS is hitting the area Q3 for instance on its pieces. This is something many have bitched about over the years and now that they are its a problem. Are they supposed to wait until its ok with every collector so nobody gets them all at once? They simply cannot hold all of a certain piece till something else is done shipping.

Nobody else got their 21 day notices?

The last one I got notice wise was for Sauron.

This really should not have come as such a surprise anyway. For what ever reason, we went through this same situation last year. We had a seamingly endless run of product being shipped together right around September. Most people responded the same way then: cancel all that they had to and pick them up later on the secondary market or through second chance offers later at SS.

If I'm not mistaken, there were even comments made a couple months back anticipating this same thing happening again this year just as we are seeing now.

Thats the thing when I see some else post a notice for the same thing I ordered I assume that mine will be arriving around that time also. Unless the shipment is being split of course and I start planning for it either way.

When things are done they are done and ready to ship and it seems SS is hitting the area Q3 for instance on its pieces. This is something many have bitched about over the years and now that they are its a problem. Are they supposed to wait until its ok with every collector so nobody gets them all at once? They simply cannot hold all of a certain piece till something else is done shipping.

Josh, can you please explain how it is that you're privy to all the policy decsions that SS make? How do you know that they can't store it all?? I don't recall anyone from SS detailing the size, layout or capacity of their facilities???

Nobody suggests that they should fill the warehouse with goods and then ship them one at a time. What we're trying to say is that if the production process was better planned, they could stagger the shipments and make it easier on their customers. OK, it might slow their cashflow, but the point we're trying to make is that we all have cashflow issues. I certainly do.

Just for once Josh, please take off the rose tinted glasses and try to accept that the mighty SS could maybe make a mistake, or error of judgement. They're only human after all, as we all are

TC

Back