Are Your Sideshow Boxes Falling Apart ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

warlock664

Forgive me if this topic has been previously addressed, but I have a question concerning boxes for current Sideshow polystone collectibles. Recently, I have purchased the Morgul Lord, King Elessar, and Vision Lawgiver (POTA), and all of the boxes are coming unglued at the seams. Has anyone else had this experience? I guess it isn't that big a deal, but did the factory where these are produced recently change glues, or have I just been unlucky? I do keep the boxes, so I will probably want to reglue them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type glue to use? Thanks in advance,
Jay

It has happened to me on a number of occasions and I have used double-sided sticky tape to fix it.

Use a spray mount adhesive (comes in a spray can). You can pick some up at any arts and crafts store. They will never come apart again. :wave

Yeah, this has happened to me with several boxes. Most of them are older ones like RWOS and GTG. I haven't bothered to fix them, since when the box is closed there is no difference. Not a big deal at all, IMO.

Hmm...I wasn't aware of this. I'll bring this up with Brant. Thanks for the heads up.

Q

Only box I have a problem wiv is the Ringwraith bust. I tried Pritt stick to no avail :bang :thwak :bang I'm gonna see if I can find some of the spray adhesive that Lee mentioned & give that a try :wave :wave

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Had a couple of mine come apart as well. Clean separations, I used some Super Glue, but I like the idea of the spray adhesive better. I may get some for future "boxus separatus" incidents! :lol

This issue will be addressed with the factories and we'll request a stronger glue on future packages.

Q

Awesome, thanks SideshowQ! Appreciate your reviewing the feedback about the box glue! :bow :dance

I wrap my boxes back up in the plastic bags they come with and tape them shut and haven't had any problems yet..:rolleyes

Back