Dutch's Handgun Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what handgun Arnold (Dutch) uses in the movie "Predator"?

I don't remember Dutch using any handgun in Predator... I don't even think he wears a holster.

Could anyone tell me what handgun Arnold (Dutch) uses in the movie "Predator"?
I don't think any actor in the movie used or fired a handgun? only rifles right? that was in dutchs squad (Team).

# Arnold Schwarzenegger as Maj. Alan "Dutch" Schaefer-grenade launch rifle
# Carl Weathers as Col. Al Dillon- some kind of small rifle
# Bill Duke as Sgt. Mac Eliot-M-60
# Jesse Ventura as Sgt. Blain Cooper- M-134 modified mini gun?
# Sonny Landham as Billy Sole-rifle
# Richard Chaves as Jorge "Poncho" Ramirez-rifle
# Shane Black as Rick Hawkins-small rifle
# Kevin Peter Hall as The Predator and end scene helicopter pilot The greatest Predator ever and the best there will ever be!!!.

I found this somewhere? imdb maybe The sidearms carried by the troopers are Desert Eagle handguns.

1987_predator_001.jpg

carl weathers is carrying a H&K Heckler & Koch 93 assault rifle. same thing SAS use..

I need to get some good reference pics and screencaps from Arnie in this film....

Dillon is using an MP-5 when he is killed isn't he? Yeah I dont think any of the sqaud carried handguns, they're no where near macho enough for this movie :lol

Methinks he had two of them, in fact. He lost one with his arm still attached to it and then tried to unsling the other...to no avail. Poor ol' Dillon. :rip:violin

MP5 fire 9mm rounds dont they . . . cant see that would have helped him much against the Predator. Look at how many shotgun rounds the Predator took at the slaughtehouse in P2, sure it injured him but he shook it off pretty quickly.

I don't think any actor in the movie used or fired a handgun? only rifles right? that was in dutchs squad (Team).

# Arnold Schwarzenegger as Maj. Alan "Dutch" Schaefer-grenade launch rifle
# Carl Weathers as Col. Al Dillon- some kind of small rifle
# Bill Duke as Sgt. Mac Eliot-M-60
# Jesse Ventura as Sgt. Blain Cooper- M-134 modified mini gun?
# Sonny Landham as Billy Sole-rifle
# Richard Chaves as Jorge "Poncho" Ramirez-rifle
# Shane Black as Rick Hawkins-small rifle
# Kevin Peter Hall as The Predator and end scene helicopter pilot The greatest Predator ever and the best there will ever be!!!.

I found this somewhere? imdb maybe The sidearms carried by the troopers are Desert Eagle handguns.

1987_predator_001.jpg

At least one member of the team, Poncho, has a sidearm. The image you have is too dark but in a clearer shot of the same image you can tell he has what seems like a Desert Eagle strapped to his right leg. From what I remember of the movie, the main weapons breakdown was;

Dutch-M16A1 with M203
Dillon-HK MP-5's. I don't think he ever had an HK 93 as stated previously.
Mac-M60E3
Blaine-M134 Minigun
Billy- M16A1 that has an A2 foregrip with underslung shotgun
Poncho-I don't know type of grenade launcher used, could have been a Milkor MGL.
Hawkins-MP5

I think Dutch, Dillon, and Poncho had pistols. Dillon's pistol seems to be carried on the waist.

The info I have gathered points towards Dutch (as well as the rest of the team) carrying Desert Eagles . This fact is referred to on the extras disc on the 2-disc DVD set . No-one actually uses a handgun in the movie , which probably accounts for the vagueness .:cool:
( P.s, thanks ambac , that's a pretty useful weapon breakdown for the rest of the team .Especially as I was having trouble identifying Billy's hardware ).:D

whooops sorry about that..

Dillon is using a hk mp-5 not a hk 93.. I just get confused sometimes..

I'm going (sort of ) off topic , but I think my original query has been resolved so I guess it's o.k, but as my Dutch and Blain are under way , I find myself considering the rest of the team . Can anyone recommend available headsculpts which could be used? ( And before anyone suggests it , I know about the H.T Carl Weathers figure , but unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch THAT far!):rolleyes:

Last time I checked, Lonnie Hale had an Arnold head sculpt of Dutch in his lineup, or at least one that ought to work for Dutch. It's No. HH019, if I remember correctly. I've been thinking about getting one for my own custom Dutch. I'm in the same boat as you are about the other characters, except that I do have a HT Apollo Creed, which will eventually end up as Dillon. Anyway, hope this helped you some.:D

www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

I'm using the Ignite "Viking" sculpt for Dutch , here's a preview :
Dutch013.jpg

And yes , I know the weapons are incorrect!:rolleyes:

Damn, the Viking head really does work for Dutch! I thought that guy's mug reminded me of someone. Looks like I may have to do some head swapping with my Viking crew...

Back