Hot Toys Hicks & Hudson on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, you should never bid like this, always go hard in the last couple of mins. In all likelyhood youll just keep bumping it up more than you have to.

Have to agree with Jamal, never bid till you're into the last minute. Write down on a piece of paper your absolute maximum. Place that bid with 30 seconds to go and pray, if it says instantly do you wanna bid more, you probably wont have time, but look at your piece of paper...that was your pre decided maximum value. Stick to it.
Otherwise things just get messy and silly and a lot of people end up broke cos they get addicted to the buzz of the bay..don't go there.

Have to agree with Jamal, never bid till you're into the last minute. Write down on a piece of paper your absolute maximum. Place that bid with 30 seconds to go and pray, if it says instantly do you wanna bid more, you probably wont have time, but look at your piece of paper...that was your pre decided maximum value. Stick to it.
Otherwise things just get messy and silly and a lot of people end up broke cos they get addicted to the buzz of the bay..don't go there.

my thoughts exactly. and those last 30 seconds are so stressful!!!! My heart is racing everytime the auction ends.

the last 30 seconds is a heart attack waiting to happen!, i laugh at auctions with 5 days to go and 10+ bids on it..

:rotfl
The last minute is always when someone walks in on me, EVERY TIME! And I never look up from the computer! I hate bidding! Buy it Now rules! :rock
But yeah, be cautious in that last minute!

Yep, those last 30 are a killer, heart racing, dry mouth, beads of sweat on your brow...then you realise how addictive eBay could get if you feel like this over an all too often second hand piece of cr*p!

Gotta love the bay though, my collection would'nt have half the stuff in it were it not for those occaisional bargains where the poor lumox of a seller has badly described their item. I got the HT Vasquez for £20 from a Brit seller who had descibed as 'female soldier from alens'...'alens' no mention of 'Vasquez',"Hot Toys' or "12"' I was the only one who bid, and I picked up the Medi comic Spidey for £15 and Medi X-men Cyclpos for £9. Just gotta be there looking.

:rotfl
The last minute is always when someone walks in on me, EVERY TIME! And I never look up from the computer! I hate bidding! Buy it Now rules! :rock
But yeah, be cautious in that last minute!

I agree- Buy it now is my favorite way to use ebay. It's just so much easier. :rock

I've been buying a LOT of stuff on ebay recently (way more than I ever have before) and it's true that you should never bid except in the last minute of an auction. If you do it earlier, you're just dramatically increasing the chances that someone will come along and beat your bid by a few cents before the auction ends. And yes, I like But It Now. In many cases my best deals have come from Buy It Now and sellers who don't know the true value of their stuff. I got some of my SS LOTR 12" figures brand new for $30-$35 BIN (rare, but it happens).

There seems to be a lot of posting links to live ebay auctions on the Freaks Board, particularly for hard to find items. It doesnt bother me directly but on all other forums I use, this practice is prohibited. The theory being that it draws more attention to the auction which can inflate the bids and you end up loosing out. All Im saying is if I was actively looking for a rare item, Id probably find an auction anyway, kept it quiet and let others use their own intiative if they were searchig for the same piece. Just my thoughts.

There seems to be a lot of posting links to live ebay auctions on the Freaks Board, particularly for hard to find items. It doesnt bother me directly but on all other forums I use, this practice is prohibited. The theory being that it draws more attention to the auction which can inflate the bids and you end up loosing out. All Im saying is if I was actively looking for a rare item, Id probably find an auction anyway, kept it quiet and let others use their own intiative if they were searchig for the same piece. Just my thoughts.

I agree. Although I am sure the original thread starter was just trying to be helpful. I am all for not attracting attention to ebay listings that I am interested in.

Back