Shelob has arrived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Beruthiel1

Just wanted to thank ss for Shelob. I won her at the sdcc chat and I must say, I am mightily impressed with this statue! I've read a lot of not-so-good opinions on her on the board, and I gotta say, I think she is just wonderful! My sister is visiting from california and she took one look at her and said, Wow, that is really great! She's a lotr fan, but not a collector of any of the stuff out there. But, she is impressed with all that I have collected and is almost, I say, almost tempted to buy some pieces. Again, thank you sideshow for the prizes from the chat at SDCC. I really do appreciate them and to get a piece that I've been eyeing forever is really just great! :bliss

That is just awesome Polly... I am glad you like her... I still do not like spiders and do not really care about ordering her. But I can see her in person when I will come visit you and maybe that will change my mind :grouphug

Congrats B!! Shelob isn't a bad piece its not at the top of my list but its worth getting.

!

Congrats B!! Shelob isn't a bad piece its not at the top of my list but its worth getting.

Wow, Josh almost said something bad about a SS product...:thud

Re: re

not a bad piece IMO. good price for around $80-$100. Too bad SS has made it to be $175 retailed.

Congrats Beru! I love her, too...
2.gif

Congrats Beru, what a great win. :clap

I am afraid I would be tempted to throw it across the room. I hate spiders so badly. :(

not bad

If you haven't seen Shelob in person, the price that she can be had nowadays is a great price for it! Believe it or not I feel that Shelob was done better than the Fell Beast sculpt, owing to less breakage. This is about as cheap as a monster can get compared to the list of Fell Beast, Balrog (Flame of Udun), Mumak, and Watcher. Compared to the Watcher,Shelob's seams were done well.

Re: not bad

rocks, orc skulls, bones, a mini frodo wrapped in webbing and a big fat shelob......... its all there.
a creepy but great sculpt.
hmmmmm a mini sam with sing would have been a nice touch

ya know, I really don't see why people don't like her. I think she's a fantastic piece. I put off ordering her just because of the negative comments on the board, and am so glad that she is now mine. The detail is just great on her and the base is one of the best I've seen. Just love ethe little skulls and the mummy frodo. I think until you see her in person, you really can't appreciate the detail that is in this sculpt. I know I didn't think she would be nearly as nice as she is and am very happy to have her here.

I was very pleasently surprised too, she isn't leaving my collection. :banana

Congratulations, Beru! I'm glad you like your Shelob! After missing out during the Doors of Indecision, I was motivated to order myself one right away- and was surprised by how much I liked it. I had avoided it at first, thinking it didn't look distinctively "LotR" enough and just like a big spider. However, looking at it in person, I appreciated it much more. I think that it's the base that makes it work- the little skulls and mummy give a sense of scale that would be missing otherwise.

Back