Cancelled all my orders at SS

• Thread starter Saruman on Nazgul Steed
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Saruman on Nazgul Steed

Well, i finally did it and cancelled all my orders.
Also selling of my statues,keeping the bust and helms so it doesn't feel to bad.

If you need anything look in the for sale open to all realistic offers.

Regards Linda

Well, money not spent yet.

So I guess it would be thousands of dollars, not-soon-to-be in debt like the rest of us.

Jesse :lol

well actually those dollars are already spend on a motorcycle but i'm sure i'm gonna enjoy driving it.

Regards Linda

Again i recieved a broken piece and when contacting SS they simply said that every piece they would ship would arrive broken to me. That's feels like calling me a liar and i don't appreciate that. Their own policy is that you're not happy you can let it know.I just want a perfect collection,these pieces are expensive enough to get good ones.Broken ones i can get much cheaper on ebay.

Regards Linda

Wow...that sucks that they'd say that. That's one of those things that's hard to prove. It just takes one swift kick to the box and it could break. I used to work for UPS and behind the scenes...you don't want to see what can happen to your collectibles. lol

Who the hell said that at SSW? Call their president and then that person who said that will be hitting the pavement, fired. There is no reason to treat someone like that.

Don't sell your collection, you will regret it later when you cool down.

Personally, everyone I have talked to on the phone at SSW has been totally professional and helpful.

No offense to Jon but that sounds exactly like something he would say. Judging by what he has said to me regarding my merry statue.

But also if it were my company I don't know if I would really want to keep sending items to someone when it seems like every one of them arrives damaged. Ecspecially when it is someone overseas, that cost can add up really quick. Better for both sides if you just buy them from someone more local anyway, cheaper and safer.

Jesse

But also if it were my company I don't know if I would really want to keep sending items to someone when it seems like every one of them arrives damaged. Ecspecially when it is someone overseas, that cost can add up really quick.

Hi Jesseawilson, i wouldn't be upset if it happend during shipping. there can always break something,but all my breaks happend in the factory and they were nicely worked by and painted to cover up. That i HATE i pay for a good piece,if i wan't a broken piece i can buy them for much less on ebay and get them fixed.
Well i got my motorcycle and am gonna enjoy riding it,the rest of the money is going to a motorcycle for my hubby.

Regards Linda

After seeng a couple of damage-repairs.. you will start noticing a whole lotta problems on your pieces that aren't actually there. Could just be paranoia!

BTW...I hope you do enjoy the bike...but when it does start breaking down, and repairs gotta be paid for..hope you don't give it up too easily!

This might be a stupid Q, but do you have a bike license?

:p

I'm not paranoia,i have pics to prove all the breaks.
And no i'm not gonna give up my bike,everybody knows that you have to keep a bike in good shape and that cost money.
I don't wanna pay big$$$ for broken things.

And yes i have a licence,what's the point buying a bike if you can't drive it. Or do you think i'm stupid??|I

Linda

Wow, I cannot believe SSW would send repaired statues to you. I thought all returned damaged pieces were destroyed. Isn't there some legal rule that would prevent them from doing that?

Personally, I have had excellent experience with the returns department. I had to return an Arwen and a RWOS that had breaks and I quickly was processed for RMA and received my replacement within 2 weeks.

SSW has a 30 day return policy for any defective pieces for a new replacement. It isn't the fault of the buyer if things are damaged in the mail, maybe SSW should look at their shipping carriers and pick better ones.

Looks like your are set on selling your statues, good luck!

I don't know you well enough to know whether you are stupid or not - so I won't answer that.

You can ride a bike here in the UK without a bike full license, if you hold a CBT. That allows you to ride scooters/ small engined bikes. Didn't see the harm in asking a question. :dunno

You can even drive a car without a license, using a provisional. Provided you are insured, and you have someone in the car with you.

There's no need to get vexxed.

The very first statue that I ordered & received was a Gandalf the Grey Statue. I got it about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago maybe. The finger he was pointing with was cracked at his hand. I e-mailed & called and they said that it was a defected part & that they do not sell or distribute defected parts. When shipping receives the part back in, QC looks at it & destroys it there in the receiveing department. They sent me a new one & that was that. The woman with whom I spoke with at Sideshow was very courteous & adamant that they do not send out broken items or refurbished ones for that matter. Shortly after my first 1/2 dozen parts, I started noticing a QC sticker on the seam of the styrofoam.

Yes, that sounds right, that would be illegal to resell repaired items as new. SSW destroys defective items.

The QC sticker is more reassuring, however I got an item recently that had the QC sticker and it was broken/defective in 5 different places. Maybe it was damaged in shipping, either way, SSW will replace.

Back