Jedi Training

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

That actually makes me kinda embarrassed to be a SW fan.

I never thought seeing a chick fighting with a lightsaber would make her uglier....

Now chicks with a Kurgan sword.. :monkey5:D

"In NY Jedi, no ones actually getting killed", except maybe the chance anyone of them will ever get laid :rotfl

Wow, I admit I've played with my MR FX lightsabers... but this is a whole different ball of wax :monkey3 Makes me feel a bit dirty watching it :monkey4

Meh. :rolleyes: I don't know. I think it's harmless. Nearly all of us have tried roll-playing in our lives, whether it's a game like D&D or something so simple as a video game. These guys are actually taking it further by making it more physically active, using their bodies. It combines improvisational acting with choreography, dance, makeup, costume design, and a smattering of martial arts.

Different people are creative in different ways. I don't think it's up to us to judge their creative outlet ... no matter how retarded they look. ;)

If it keeps em fit and they enjoy it and it isnt hurting anyone I say good for them !

Im sure we'd all love to be in Jedi Fight sequence

What's the SCA?

This seems like harmless, incredibly dorky, fun.

I would point out that they'd get better at what they're doing by taking Kendo lessons from qualified instructors.

Learning physical skills from geeks is probably not the best use of your time.

I thought it looked sort of cool. Very similar to fencing but alot more fun. Some of them looked like they could handle a saber pretty well too.

Well, it's all good... I wouldn't do it myself, but at least they aren't sitting around doing nothing with all their time. I still think it's a little sad, but hey... to each it's own.

I just think that if you were such a follower of SW and wanted to do some sword training. Just train with a sword. You can pretend in your mind that it is a saber if you like, but just take some fencing courses or something.

And isn't being a Jedi supposed to be about things other than combat? That combat is merely secondary to a Jedi's training. :eek:

If it were to truly be a Jedi training course, should they not be meditating or learning to quiet their minds and exercise patience? :lol

Well, it's all good... I wouldn't do it myself, but at least they aren't sitting around doing nothing with all their time. I still think it's a little sad, but hey... to each it's own.

I just think that if you were such a follower of SW and wanted to do some sword training. Just train with a sword. You can pretend in your mind that it is a saber if you like, but just take some fencing courses or something.

And isn't being a Jedi supposed to be about things other than combat? That combat is merely secondary to a Jedi's training. :eek:

If it were to truly be a Jedi training course, should they not be meditating or learning to quiet their minds and exercise patience? :lol

I agree!

No floating rocks = No Jedi training!

I've done my fair share of cosplay, Larping, and the rest. It's fun... But yeah, it allways looks goofy.

Atleast till you've got 400 pluss people in full armor in a field battle beating the snot out of each other with foam weapons. I donno there is just something about it.

My favorite line from the comments section.

"I'm confused... why are there that many normalish women there?"

:rotfl:cool:

Kendo would only be a small part, you'd have to learn the Tai Chi forms and all other sword based martial arts.

I have to say that regular posters on a site decided to collecting dolls calling anyone sad just defies belief anyway...

If I lived in NY I'd go along.:monkey5

Back