Aragorn tribute bust completed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn sculpt completed

Oh my God! :clap

Man....Have you sent your portfolio to some of these collectible companies?

You should be working in this field if you are not already!

amazing charles !!!
if u decide to sell any reproductions of the sculpture please drop me a pm. :rock

You know chuck for only your second piece, you show true talent, you are a regular Renaissance Man! :speech

Bravo, sir! Bravo!

Now, when did you say the mold would be cast? :D

Great work. Maybe you should get the licence from Weta to make the rest of the pieces.:bow :bow :bow

Nice work mate.

You going to get Rick DTM to paint him for you?

Scriff

Chuck, this bust is friggin' awesome!!!! excellent work dude! and it's waaaaaaaay BETTER than any of the SSW sculpts of Aragorn!!! incredible! i really want one if you decide to cast it. :rock :rock :rock :bliss

:google :google :google :google :google

Amazing sculpt. Seriously!

Weta could have used you on the original Aragorn statue and bust. Your bust definetly resembles Viggo. Awesome job!!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Simply breathtaking work, Chuck.

You've captured Viggo perfectly and that base is amazing. Put me down for one as well.

P.S. Finish up Lurtz so that I can get one of him as well. :hat

It's cool...the base is a nice touch.

The nose looks a little too short in length, which probably makes him look a little 'piggy' in them pics.

What source photos (if any) were you using for this bust Charles??

wow! what an amazing sculpt...awesome work there! sign me up for a replica if you ever decide to make them. :drool

I should chime in on the obvious... fantastic work! You are really talented. Hope you will develop your artistic talent.

Thank you all for your comments, they are greatly appreciated :wave

I added a few more pics(on the same page) if you guys are interested. I waited until nighttime to get a better control on the lighting. I have a really hard time snapping shots of these grey sculpts as the light is bouncing off the light grey surface even where it's not supposed to be. These are more tightly focused so hopefully it shows the form better.

Here's one of my first and second sculpts, I think it's nice to see a progression:

arb79rh.jpg

Sculpt #3 is actually a private commission, and 4 is Lurtz.

Sir Tristram: Long way to go before I'd be good enough for any collectibles companies-- I'm not sure my career is headed down that path anyway, but being able to sculpt is just a great artistic benefit. I'm glad I started doing it, just wish I started sooner. Thanks again

Azog: Thanks, that's very kind of you sir :bow

WS: I think the nose could possibly be a bit short, out of a fear to not have it too long probably when I was sculpting.(i'm very happy with how it ended up though) I do not think it looks 'piggy' at all however. Check out the new more focused shots, something that may not be apparent is that the little shadow below the main nose area is a continuation of the nose. For reference I used anything I could find, which was not much when it came to the armoury/hair. He was in this getup for only a short while. As I wrote on my forum, the Aragorn on steed would be a great resource but I sculpted this months before that was announced.

Regarding molds/casts/replicas and some other stuff, I'm gonna copy/paste:

In the end I decided to approach this as if it were a sculpture that you might find in Minas Tirith somewhere in tribute to Aragorn, perhaps after he was long deceased. Hence, if I ever paint it, I will seriously consider doing it up in faux marble instead of the ol' regular 'weta style' paint ups. It's not perfect, the base could be more perfectly smooth and geometric and so on, but I treated this as a learning experience more than say, a mission to make "The Perfect Bust!". :lol I just wanted to get this finished and move on.

I don't think there will be any casts of this anytime soon- for the simple reason that I don't yet know how to do it. I will familiarize myself with the process at some point though- it is essential I suppose, if you're going to do any serious kind of sculpting. Anyway, if I ever do, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Cheers!

i also don't think the nose looks "piggy" one bit. :wave

No piggy !, I don't think so anyway.

Absolutely truly amazing!! i love the detail in the clothing and base.:drool :drool

You have a real gift my friend! :wave

If you ever do get round to making a few I would be proud to have a 'chuck' exclusive :bliss

shell
x
:toast :gimli

And again...very cool sculpting, my friend.... You really should be applying with SS for a sculptor job... :bow
Excellent work !!!

Ericske
Be

thas bloody good.
I'm amazed at the likeness and I especially like the white tree.

If you ever paint it, do please show us.

ps. Where did that Eomer come from. Thas good too...

Back