PDA

View Full Version : The waitlist is GREAT!

pordey2
08-04-2005, 01:47 AM
I know I haven't been around much lately, but wanted you all to know how much I like Sideshow and their new Waitlist system; I just got a Gimli statue offer - yay!
:banana

FrodoEyes
08-04-2005, 02:55 AM
A Gimli? Wow that's a good swoop, one of the older and rarer ones. Congrats!!

Oxbeard
08-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Outstanding!!! I still have hope then. Fingers crossed.

darthrage
08-04-2005, 04:05 AM
Great news...I was excited when I got the Uruk swordsman bust off the waitlist. congrats:toast

Balrogslain
08-04-2005, 05:34 AM
Pordey2 Just wondering how good my reservation date was, what date did you get on the waitlist for your Gimli:gimli ????????????????????

Thanks........Balrogslain :balrog :gandalf

FlyAndFight
08-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Good question, Balrog. I'd be curious to know as well.

And congrats on the Gimli, Pordey! :clap

Beruthiel1
08-04-2005, 07:08 AM
oohhhhh. Are they digging around in the warehouse again? Hey SS, find my RWos in there yet? :lol

MorgulLord81
08-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Hello all, new around here. I just received a wait list on Sauron. I am a very happy person right now!

Sir Tristram
08-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey...I've had my waitlist on GIMLI for a while now...When was your date??? :bang

Winged Shadows
08-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Congratz Pordey!

23goliath
08-05-2005, 02:52 AM
I have another question regarding the waitlist:

I have recently noticed the following in my account at SSW:

Until a few weeks ago, my waitlist "orders" for Sauron and Pippin were listed as:

W22xxxx / 04/08/2005 / New
W22xxxx / 05/18/2005 / New

Now they are listed as follows:

T24xxxx / 07/06/2005 / Order placed
T24xxxx / 07/02/2005 / Order placed

It appears that these orders were upgraded from waitlist to "real orders" :banana - or am I wrong??? :(

I have never received any notification from SSW.

leebgb
08-05-2005, 03:13 AM
That should mean that they are now orders!

Balrogslain
08-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry but I am bumping it up.

AsuraZak
08-05-2005, 09:19 AM
That's the EU warehouse, is it not? Man, how many goodies lay about in that place.....

How many of you got on the waitlist of sought after items...JUST after they Sold Out?

Bodie The Cursed
08-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Wait list does work.. I got a WK statue from it..

adoptedscot
08-05-2005, 09:39 AM
If anyone gets a Treebeard from the Waitlist and doesnt want it I will gladly take it off their hands :drool :ent :bow

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

TolkienCollector
08-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Still dreaming of a waitlist Galad Archer :drool :drool :drool :drool

:bonk :eye :bonk

RodLonghi
08-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Wow ... didn't know SS was still shipping those old items... gotta check my mail box

Balrogslain
08-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Has anybody heard anything in regards to Saruman?

Gunner1973
08-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Did anyone ever get a minas morgul from the waitlist? I registered for the waitlist on this the day they sold out. I thought that with there being 8500 of them I would have a pretty good chance of getting one, but still nothing:dunno

Corwin of Shadow
08-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Has anybody heard anything in regards to Saruman?

A number of Saruman's were sent off the wait list a few months back I doubt we'll see any more but with a Gimli appearing this late in the day who knows?

fanatykk
08-06-2005, 11:19 AM
I just wanted to say I got a confirmation for a Gimli statue too (I was on the wait list)
Thanks a lot Sideshow. I am so impatient to get it in hands. I hope it won't take months for shipping it...

Sir Tristram
08-06-2005, 12:38 PM
:gimli :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

Daveyjaro
08-07-2005, 07:28 AM
It is great people are getting long sold out statues off of wait lists. But, I have always thought the SSW Wait list is like a lottery. It seems that many people have signed up for a wait list for an item months or years ago and hear nothing at all and then somebody just signs up and gets the statue. Did SSW dump all of the old wait lists when they integrated the ordering into the web system (The Wxxxx orders)? I can see how frustrating it can be. I have personally had hideous success with wait list. I put my name on wait lists for Fell Beast and Newborn Uruk within HOURS of it going to SOLD OUT and I got diddly. Hey, it is frustrating! :bang

pordey2
08-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Seems like you're right Davey... I signed up for the Gimli waitlist about three or four weeks ago...

Seion
08-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Congrats on getting Gimli! I'm glad you had better luck than me.

I have to say, this is really frustrating news. I have had all kinds of problems with getting this piece. I have been on the wait list since it originally sold out. I ordered one from a retailer several months ago, which ended up costing me over $400. The seller didn't come through, and I didn't get any money back. I asked for help from SS with the situation, and they told me that unfortunately they didn't have any Gimli pieces left anywhere. They took the retailers name and told me they couldn't really do anything about the situation, but they would not be selling to this dearler in the future. I looked up his site a couple of weeks ago, and now he's a SS affiliate. I wish some of these mysterious pieces had appeared when I could have reclaimed my money and had the opportunity to deal with SS.

Seion

Daveyjaro
08-08-2005, 05:36 AM
That really sucks Seion. I think there is good proof that the Wait List system is not fair. What ever happened to first in line gets an offer? The fact that they told you they had no Gimli for you and then people start getting them is not right, you should contact them on this.

I hope that the new Wait List "Ordering" is a more fair system to all.

Balrogslain
08-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Anyone else get an old piece from the wait list recently?????

Balrogslain
08-09-2005, 04:50 AM
It looks as though someone at Sideshow has been reading the threads????? They have an article of how the new Wait List works now on their site.

Daveyjaro
08-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Wow, I saw that too! Nothing I read in the wait list description for new system or old system addresses the fairness factor. It is clearly stated that:

If you have already placed yourself on our wait list for an older product using the Wait List Form method, then we will continue to recall those wait lists through the procedure explained here.

That means that people who signed up for items long ago for an item using the then existing "old form method" are still on the wait lists. It is implied but not directly stated that those on the old system list are FIRST in line before those on the new system. But this is not happening, as evidence here in this thread.

Also, in the old method this is stated:

When your name is added to a waiting list, you will be sent an automatic confirmation that your request has been received and logged. Due to the number of requests that we receive, we do not verify your place on the list or update people on their status.

Interesting that with some of my wait list requests, I never received AUTOMATIC CONFIRMATION. So it is possible, I put my name on a wait list for Fell Beast and Newborn Uruk hours after they sold out, and my name was never added to the list because I did no get the confirmation. If so, this is negligence on the part of SSW.

I can understand why people who put in a wait list request a year or more ago for an item and never receive an offer are extremely pissed off when someone newly signs up and gets one.

The wait list is broken, it is not fair, it is a lottery system. Might as well put "lottery" in that description SSW.

This is frustrating for someone like me who never had a LOTR item off of a wait list. This is a sensitive topic for me because I never received Fell Beast off wait list and had to pay triple for it on ebay. Newborn is another, it is still available for wait list reservation, and yet my request I sent in I am not kidding, probably one hour after it "SOLD OUT", never fulfilled. End Rant. :bang

Balrogslain
08-09-2005, 06:51 AM
The 2 older pieces that I am on a wait list for I have yet to here anything. But I did recieve a King of the Dead & a Pippen off of the Wait List....but then again they are both now up for 2ND Chance Offers.

Daveyjaro
08-09-2005, 07:28 AM
That does not count. :lol

The only wait list I ever got was for Regular Sideshow Luke (not SDCC) and I passed because it doesn't do much for me. I have never had LOTR wait list fulfulled ever.

I know my comments are critical, but I always speak my mind whether positive or negative. I must say that I think the new wait list system is a step in the right direction, we will see.

Beruthiel1
08-09-2005, 08:34 AM
ok, I've been following this thread and feel the need to contribute, however others will see it is up to them. The waitlist is a good thing. No, everyone on it will not get what they want out of it. I'm on 4 lists, will probably not see a thing, but that's too bad for me.

Next, no one is forced to go to ebay, another board member or wherever to buy a piece that is sold out at an inflated price. If that piece was so important, why didn't you order it in the first place?

Personally, I will not pay the prices that some pieces are now going for. It's a lump of polystone! Granted a very nice lump, but I refuse to go into debt for this stuff. I buy what I can comfortably afford, when I can afford it. If that means missing ordering something and I put my name on a waitlist, then I can only hope it comes up when the time is more right for me personally.

I don't know how they select the recipients off the waitlist, but I'm sure that they are doing the very best they can to get the oldest names first. Maybe not, I don't know. I do know that every name on that list wants that item. If I am lucky enough to have my name drawn out of it, then good for me. But, I never expect to see it happen. My luck just doesn't work that way.

Bottom line is, if you really know you want something, order it! Don't wait for it to sellout and then hope you can score it off the waitlist. That is always a gamble and not one that I personally place a lot of faith in that I will get what I want there.

Balrogslain
08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Daveyjaro...I agree that the Wait List that I have recently gotten turned into an order does not count. But it was a wait list order that turned into an order.

Beruthiel1.....I personally would have ordered all of the pieces if I had known about these items ahead of time. The first 2 pieces that I had recieved were Gandalf the White bust & a Legolas bust. From there, I decided to go the route of the busts. Collecting the "good" side, it did not take long to accumulate every bust, topped off with the Rohhirm lately. I started on the statues about a year & a half ago. I started late and by that time all of the Fellowship were mainly sold out & going for a pretty good price on ebay. In do time I will have all of the pieces that I want and I will pay more than I would like.

:balrog :gandalf

Gunner1973
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
The waitlist does seem to be more of a lottery that a wait list. Its like going to the bar to get a beer and the guy behind you being served first! I can totally understand people being a bit angry at the way it seems to work. It seems like some people are being allowed to jump the queue.:bang

Daveyjaro
08-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Next, no one is forced to go to ebay, another board member or wherever to buy a piece that is sold out at an inflated price. If that piece was so important, why didn't you order it in the first place?

For me, I never go on a wait list for an item I could have ordered and gotten direct from SSW. For many of the FOTR pieces, I came on late and missed the Moria Orc Statues, UHSS, etc and probably will never get unless I strike it rich. Second, specifically to the Fell Beast, I did want it and could not order it because I was unemployed in December 2003 when it sold out. I was lucky I even got my Wiki for $150 then. Then, of course, I was on vacation the week Newborn Uruk Sold out (I think that is how long it was available). As to being forced to go to ebay, true, nobody forces you but many feel compelled to go that route when the wait lists yield nothing. As I said, I signed up for almost every wait list for LOTR items I don't have now, and I have never received an offer.

You also made a comment that everybody on the wait list wants them. Haha!!! Remember SF Morgul_Blade bragging about scoring all of these wait lists and then selling them on ebay! Yeah, he wanted it, to make a buck! :thwak

Balrogslain
08-10-2005, 07:42 AM
It is kind of sad that one would buy the items just to turn around & make a profit off of a collector. I know that that's buisness. But those are the kind of people that are driving the prices up, along with the people like me who are paying those prices. Well to each their own.

GrimaSnailTongue
08-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Consider this. Weta specalizes in FX, so no doubt they keep molding silicone and supplies on hand and their sculptors created these pieces. Does anyone actually think that they don't have the molds for these to cast them up for friends or friends of friends? Even to make 5-10 copies of a daddy rog in a day and destroy the mold would be no sweat for them. :naughty

TolkienCollector
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Well, partly out of curiosity, and partly b'cos I want one, I've put myself on the shiny new Waitlist fer a Golden Hall :poke :bliss :drool

It'll be interseting to see where this goes :dunno :dunno :dunno

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Balrogslain
08-11-2005, 06:41 AM
GrimaST what does that have to do with the Wait List?

GrimaSnailTongue
08-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Just a comparison really. People are wondering how others are getting pieces that they have been on the wait list for forever. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

FlyAndFight
08-11-2005, 12:03 PM
The wait list certainly does work. Last week I received notice from Sideshow that I was getting the Rohirrim Bust! What is amazing is that I didn't apply for the wait list until mid-July and honestly thought I would have no chance to pick one up via this route. Now if only they pick me for the other dozen or so items that I've got a wait-list order on...:bliss (first time I use this emoticon so be gentle...)

FlyAndFight
08-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Update: Just checked the Fed-Ex tracker and the Rohirrim is waiting for me at home! :bliss (ok, I think this emoticon is appropriate for this moment...)

Daveyjaro
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
The wait list certainly does work.

And so does the lottery. :poke

Gazmog
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Put your name down now!

Escape off the Road plaque (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=lotr&item=9801R&type=store)

wetayourself
08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
put someone elses name down now

TolkienCollector
08-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Put your name down now!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool finks............................................. ...........

:bonk :eye :bonk

Goofyjas
08-11-2005, 08:48 PM
just got an email about waist list for GHC pretty nice :)

:banana :banana :banana :banana

Daveyjaro
08-11-2005, 10:06 PM
What is GHC?

jesseawilson
08-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Gondorian Helm Collection. Nice they can give them away to people on the wait list but I still have yet to recieve mine that was delivered to the wrong address.

Jesse

Heart Of Stone
08-12-2005, 02:30 AM
I'm still on the waitlist for Daddy Rog and Cavey .
I have hope that Sideshow will some day find that misplaced stash of enormous boxes that have somehow gone unnoticed .
Who knows , some may even ship out as free gifts with your purchase of an Orc Overseer bust . :bonk

Silverbc3
08-12-2005, 02:35 AM
just got an email about waist list for GHC pretty nice

There must be a few of these left, I got an email as well.:banana

Balrogslain
08-12-2005, 08:13 AM
It looks like the Wait List for Escape Off the Road is dead. :gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

wetayourself
08-12-2005, 09:54 AM
got offered a high elven bust, nice

LOTR Fan
08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Mr :balrog the link still shows "Wait List," give it a shot.

fanatykk
08-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Just got a mail from Sideshow :

"We show that you have an order in our system, T251912, for 1 Gimli statue.* Due to an error in our online ordering system our inventory showed this item as available after it had in fact sold out. We have absolutely no stock remaining of this item unfortunately. "

I really don't believe it is an error. I am disgusted and will cancel all my preorders....

Daveyjaro
08-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Ouch, that really sucks! I know there are two "ordering sytems". The online web and internal server. The one that counts is the internal server. Maybe this was a simple mistake, but I feel your pain especially since people did get Gimli just a few days ago (read above).

fanatykk
08-13-2005, 08:03 AM
I am really disapointed about Sideshow customers service... and the wait list system..
I am sure there is something not clear in that...

dstephan
08-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I can understand how this happened. Computers aren't perfect after all.

Remember about 6 months ago when someone found that old archived page that showed Orthanc still available for order? Some people actually tried to place orders for it and the orders went through. I know this for a fact since they showed up as a wierd transaction on my affiliate sales list. Of course they fixed it, but it does show that mistakes can happen.

Gazmog
08-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Computers aren't perfect after all.

Damn right they're not...especially when they charge a credit card that's no longer registered on the site for an item that was cancelled. :x >: :\

FrodoEyes
08-14-2005, 02:50 AM
I posted a comment on Sideshows website asking why people who have been on wait lists more recently have got items before people who signed up MUCH earlier, and whether they think this is fair. That was a week ago and the post is still 'awaiting moderation' or whatever.

fanatykk
08-14-2005, 09:31 AM
This confirms that there is something not clear at all in their wait list system.
BTW, they claim they don't have any Gimli statue left, but the wait list is still available for it...

Mr Fell Beast
08-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Bummer dude!!

Heres to hoping you get your Gimli!!!! :toast

Daveyjaro
08-14-2005, 11:32 AM
I sure hope they can fix that wait list. I think SSW has good intentions, but it really is messed up.

Like I said before, you cannot always believe the Web Site. Maybe it is not updated enough, such as posting edition sizes and taking down wait lists that are closed out.

TolkienCollector
08-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Escape off the road has deffo gone, despite the waitlist notice :poke :bang

THE WARG BEAST
08-14-2005, 04:13 PM
I do hope that they reply to you FE. As Ive had a waiting list request in for the Gimli statue as soon as it was sold out and still Ive heard nothing :bang :bang

Ive since put my name down for the Green Goblin Statue last week and my names come up for a cancelled/declined order :dunno

THE WARG BEAST
08-14-2005, 04:13 PM
I do hope that they reply to you FE. As Ive had a waiting list request in for the Gimli statue as soon as it was sold out and still Ive heard nothing :bang

SideshowDusty
08-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I think I can address a couple of things here for you:

First off, the "leave-a-comment" feature on the homepage is not for customer service questions, so any questions will most likely not get approved for posting. Sideshow does not intend this "leave-a-comment" to become a Q&A format - more of a place for collectors to leave their opinions, be they good or bad as long as they are on topic :) Please continue to use the customer service request form or call the office during business hours with questions. Click to this page and scroll down the "leave-a-comment" for more info on why some comments may not be getting approved - www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...ce=wp_news (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=btswelcome&source=wp_news)

Secondly, due to some confusion we have witnessed in regards to the switch from the old wait list system to the new one, we have gathered some of the most frequently asked questions regarding wait lists into one page, which was sent out in this week's newsletter. We intended this to be a more succinct way to get everyone's questions answered, rather than try to address them on the message boards. Hopefully this FAQ can answer some of your questions - www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...081205news (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=081205waitlistQA&source=081205news)

As always please feel free to use the customer service request form or call the office if you feel you need more explanation. :toast

fanatykk
08-15-2005, 02:14 AM
Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately, the FAQ is for general questions...
It doesn't explain me how Sideshow people manage their stock and why they cancel a order placed.
I am fed up with Sideshow considering europeen customers as low-class customers.
I am sure an american guy would have got his Gimli statue (or free shipping offer or discount coupons)

B Electronic
08-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Sounds more like the real problem here, is that us Europeans lack the ability of telephone contact. Of course, we could call the US, but that is a costly thing compared to calling to a number in Europe.

wetayourself
08-15-2005, 03:45 AM
an orc warrior i got offered on the list i lost the same way fanatykk & it does suck but @#%$ happens,

RichardW
08-15-2005, 04:10 AM
I came across an online vendor with Escape Off the Road plaques in stock. To prevent lurkers from getting them, PM me if you're interested.

fanatykk
08-15-2005, 04:32 AM
I sent a mail to the customers service 2 days ago. I really hope they will answer me (but I think they don't care)... :(

Balrogslain
08-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah, when I tried to order the Escape plaque Friday it told me it was out of stock. That is kind of bad that they are telling a few that they are getting Gimli's & then saying that they made a mistake. I would probably be pretty ticked.

:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

fanatykk
08-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I still have no answer to my mail.
I am glad to see how they consider Europeen customers.
:lol

SideshowDusty
08-15-2005, 08:50 AM
The office has been closed for the weekend for the past 2 days. It is just now 9:45 in the morning on Monday, so I'm sure Customer Service will be responding to your request in due time - you can usually expect a response within 2-3 working days (Mon-Fri 9-6 Pacific time) unless there is a large backlog due to an major event such as Comic Con last month :toast

adoptedscot
08-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Fanatykk, whist I understand your dissapointment,I would have been too, you stated yourself you only sent them an email 2 days ago, it is now Monday so you sent it at the weekend.
At least give them a chance to respond to you.I'm sure they will.

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

Chicky
08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
I have been reading that one of the board members, fanatykk, has had an issue with our Wait List system. First of all, I would like to say that our Wait List system is NOT perfect. This is why we have made some recent improvements to the system. Also, I would like to stress that the wait list system is NOT a guaranteed method of obtaining sold out products but it is a service that we provide to place product with collectors whenever possible. The only way to guarantee obtaining your piece is to pre-order or purchase the item prior to its edition selling through.

Our Customer Service Department is always responsive to helping collectors with issues that they may have. However, collectors must remember that our CS Department is only open Monday through Friday. Thus any calls and e-mails sent over the weekend, will obviously not be responded to until the next business day, which is Monday.

We have worked very hard to service our EU customers, whether it is negotiating more economical shipping rates and different carriers, hosting special EU only contests, creating an EU Home page as well as a EU warehouse section of our newsletter. To imply that all of our EU customers are being treated unfairly based upon one collector's single purchasing experience is a bit unfair and assuming.

While our Wait List System has helped many collectors obtain pieces that they have waited for, sometimes we do experience clerical or inventory errors. In fanatykk's case, there obviously was an inventory error which allowed us to believe we had more pieces available than we actaully did. In this case, the collector orders were filled in order of wait list sign up and the five remaining collectors' were contacted and informed that we could not honor their wait list order. We have manually recounted some of our wait list items, so that cases like this will be few and far between. We extend our apologies to those few collectors who we were not able to assist.

As always, I stress that if any collector needs assistance they should contact us directly. Please do not post complaints to the boards, then become upset if Customer Service does not post directly, if at all. You can contact the CS Department at (800) 474-3747 in the U.S. Outside of the US (805) 418-1940. If you are an international client and do not want the expense of calling, then e-mail us and supply us with a direct number, time to reach you and the issue you need help with and we will call you.

We look forward to assist you!

Best Regards,
Chicky
Sideshow Collectibles

:bliss

leebgb
08-15-2005, 01:32 PM
I think it's fair to say that everyone here loves this emoticon! :bliss

CaptainCaveTroll
08-15-2005, 02:05 PM
One thing that puzzles me is how do Gimlis, for example, suddenly become available? I can understand some of the recent releases that have just been sold out becoming available as a result of cancellations but statues such as Saruman and Gimli don't fall into this category.

I think some people in the past have suggested that they have been found in the warehouse but I would have found this to be unlikely.

Where do they come from?

Sir Tristram
08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I am intrested in knowing how or why a certain item is open for waitlisting adn why some are not...there are some long since sold out and highly sought after items open for waitlisting and it seems strange. Why are some waitlisted and others not?
Could there possibly be old stock and if there is a possiblility, why not dig in there and find them? They are obviously going to sell immediately!
Seems...Odd...and there is this little glimmer of hope when placing a reservation for the waitlist....but some of that stuff is so long since sold out...

I dunno... :dunno

pordey2
08-15-2005, 11:43 PM
" We show that you have an order in our system, T251909, for 1 Gimli statue. Due to an error in our online ordering system our inventory showed this item as available after it had in fact sold out. We have absolutely no stock remaining of this item unfortunately. "

I got that mail too Fanatykk...

:x

wetayourself
08-16-2005, 01:24 AM
i got the same a while back reguarding an orc warrior statue i got offered from the list.
it really sucks, but what can ya do!

aurea23
08-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Well done chicky..... I think you guys do try your best and will always do what is right..... :dance

Its sad to see someone who genuinely needs a piece miss out... I am a completist and i know what it means to me to be missing a piece and having to pay ebay top dollar.....

Where do old items come from ? I will hazzard a guess could be old stock from distributors who didnt sell (went broke what eva reason here.... ) possibly returns from customers who had been credited rather than recieving replacement ?

Ie customer recieves broken gimli, product returned. Customer recieves money back. Sideshow now has a gimli number that can be replaced, repaired etc... Makes sense to me this theory

Although i dont really know.... this seems feasable...

Michael

fanatykk
08-16-2005, 05:14 AM
The fact is Sideshow didn't cancelled a Wait List submission (I know Wait list doesn't mean I WILL get the item), but an order placed. That is why I am very disapointed.
I will get in touch with the customers service.
Thanks a lot for your answers.

PS : I hope a company like Sideshow will be able to avoid working with blind people for the stock management in the future :xmas

Chicky
08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
I hope I was able to clear up some questions that everyone had. As I said before we do try to place pieces if we can through the wait list. When a wait list request is converted to an order, that order can only be honored if there is stock available for it. Thus an order from a wait list request can at times be canceled if there is inventory issues and it does not have the same standing as an order that is placed when the item is in pre-order or in stock status that we can guarantee to fill.

We understand that these situations are frustrating for our collectors, however they are inevitable with this type of service which tries to fulfill small quantities. Overall, we hope that the good this service provides outweighs the sporadic issues that we have encountered.

Best,
Chicky

fanatykk
08-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Chicky > You said :"When a wait list request is converted to an order, that order can only be honored if there is stock available for it"

Don't you think it would be better to check the stock BEFORE converting a wait list request into an order placed ????

CaptainCaveTroll
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Ie customer recieves broken gimli, product returned. Customer recieves money back. Sideshow now has a gimli number that can be replaced, repaired etc... Makes sense to me this theory

I think this would be unlikely as, if it did arrive broken, they would ask for a photo and then send out a replacement. The buyer would also do better to keep it and sell it on ebay.

I would be interested to know where they appear from. If the hotline to Sideshow is also available, could you please clear up the subject of Artist Proofs?

Are they produced before the numbered ones? If so, how come loads seem to appear (mainly in New Zealand) once the numbered ones have all been sold?

If they are 'Artist Proofs', I would have thought that they would have been damaged or chipped if sent to different people for approval and then returned? Unless, however, the base is kept and a new statue is produced?

Is any of this correct?

dstephan
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
It's too bad that the FAQ on APs got eaten in the EZ meltdown of ought five.

But what you are talking about are "production samples" that get sent around for approval. APs are extra (up to 10% of the run) that are for the artists, executives and people that worked on the product. They are no different than the regular versions (except for the number or lack thereof).

CaptainCaveTroll
08-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks for that. I always assumed that APs were produced prior to the run for general approval of the powers that be.

My confusion is that, for example, on ebay there are currently (and recently) listed Gondorian Helms sets. They are both from sellers based in New Zealand and both are APs. Does that mean that these two sellers are artists that have worked for Weta, bought the sets with a view to making a profit on ebay? If not, how else could they have been obtained?

How do Artist Proofs then get into circulation? Presumably an artist buys it to keep and then realises the kind of prices that can be achieved on ebay and therefore decides to sell?

ju421019
08-16-2005, 01:47 PM
As I suggested in the chat during the SDCC - Sideshow should close out the wait list requests for items it knows it has small quantities of.

For example if there are 5 Gimlis -- and 200 ppl on the wait list, its time to remove the button to sign up for the wait list.

The same goes for the other products, if they think there might like 3-4 left somewhere, then why is Sideshow still taking waitlist requests. I am sure the waitlists has hundres of takers, why keep on taking more???

dstephan
08-16-2005, 02:54 PM
The APs are kept by the companies to be used as gifts for reporters, friends, etc. So I'd imagine how that's now the helm set APs got into circulation.

dstephan
08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
I found the original post about APs and copied it to the FAQ section -

AP FAQ (http://p078.ezboard.com/fsideshowfreaksfrm26.showMessage?topicID=13.topic)

CaptainCaveTroll
08-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks for that. I'll have a good read of the FAQ now too.
Cheers.

Chicky
08-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Yes Fan- this would be ideal. However, we have 3 warehouses one of which is overseas. Ultimately, you are relying on humans to count the product. There also are cases where the product maybe in the warehouse, however it was moved from its proper spot and lost like Indiana's arc in the government warehouse.

Best,
Chicky

LOTR Fan
08-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I am assuming that she is not talking to me here. :lol :idea

lcummins
08-19-2005, 07:50 PM
...lost like Indiana's arc in the government warehouse.

Funny you would use that example Chicky! Is that a hint of something in our furture? Come on, you can tell us; we won't tell anybody else! We promise! :rollin

Balrogslain
08-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Chicky,

If people had their wait list reservation for a Gimli statue turned into an order, & that order was then a mistake, how come one can still make a reservation on the Wait List? If all of the Gimli's are gone, shouldn't the Wait List be shut off & the reservations declined? (Gimli Statue is just an example.)

Thanks...:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

fanatykk
08-23-2005, 02:56 AM
Same question as Balrogslain

CaptainCaveTroll
08-23-2005, 03:28 AM
If people had their wait list reservation for a Gimli statue turned into an order, & that order was then a mistake, how come one can still make a reservation on the Wait List? If all of the Gimli's are gone, shouldn't the Wait List be shut off & the reservations declined? (Gimli Statue is just an example.)

I'm afraid that this is far too logical. 'We don't have any more so we can't accept any more orders' is something that a spotty dork behind the counter at McDonald's could work out but it seems that the creative minds at Sideshow cannot.

Balrogslain
08-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Cap, I think that it seems easy to do, as you said, maybe not like you said. But they are selling more than just the LOTR line. They need to pay the same amount of attention to the other lines as well, especially with LOTR ending. They are trying to retain their established customer base for other collectibles. At this time, all I collect from Sideshow/WETA is the LOTR line, so all I know in their dealings is this line. I feel that the way things are going, they are trying to make the correct steps in the right direction. Changing the Wait List is one of them.

One change that I saw, was that as the line was getting longer & longer, as far as more pieces were being put out, the consumers became aware of these items. The company saw this & their LE's went from a couple to 5,000, to anywhere aroung 8500 to 9500 pieces on some of them. I wonder how mant daddy 'rogs they would put out if it was a new piece at the moment?

I just feel that they have alot of product. The way they kept track of it at the beginning of the LOTR line maybe was not as good as how they keep it now. With all of the other lines that they have added in the years, I bet a lot of boxes did get covered up. It will take some time to sort it all, and then some more time to contact the Wait List people, especially those on the Old Wait List. Going through all the e-mails & contacting those people & waiting for a response, or running a Card & getting invalid. All I see is time.

23goliath
08-26-2005, 12:31 AM
I have jumped onto the waitlist for "Gollum as Gollum" as soon as it became available on July 2nd.

Today, I have received the invoice for it!:banana

But strange enough - I was never contacted, they just turned my waitlist request into an order.

This is the first time I actually get something from the waitlist and I'm quite excited - but isn't this supposed to work a little diferent??? :x

23goliath
08-26-2005, 12:49 AM
I'll appreciate my "Waitlist Gollum" for $79.95 even more, now that I have just seen this one:

Last Gollum on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6553972212)

:bliss

pordey2
08-26-2005, 01:41 AM
congrats on you Gollum - that ebay thing is just crazy :google

Balrogslain
08-26-2005, 05:35 AM
I HOPE THAT THE GOLLUM STAYS AN ORDER & THAT THEY HAVE A FEW MORE LAYING AROUND.

skary01902
08-26-2005, 11:26 AM
I put my order in July 1st and got no offer as of yet wonder how many they found?

Balrogslain
08-26-2005, 11:48 AM
23G SAID HE ONLY GOT AN INVOICE & NO NOTICE, MAYBE YOU WILL GET AN INVOICE BEFORE TO LONG AS WELL.

skary01902
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Not yet but I did just get an offer for a Faith Exclusive.

napoleoncdn
08-26-2005, 11:58 AM
skary01902,

I think it also depends where you are from. He is geting his gollum from the EU warehouse. Are you from Europe too, if not that might explain why you have not received a notice yet.

skary01902
08-26-2005, 12:13 PM
nope, im in the states thanks for the info :)

LOTR Fan
08-26-2005, 12:14 PM
I think that the EU collectors will see more pieces than those in the States, take for example the Watcher from SDCC. It just seems to me from what I have heard, the EU warehouse just has a larger LOTR stock than the US. Good luck to the Eurps! :banana

23goliath
08-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Yes, I live in Europe and am ordering from the UE warhouse.

...and I just received yet another message on a different item:

You recently placed a reservation for an item on our Wait List. Due to recent cancellations and credit card declines, one of these items has become available for fulfillment
Your Wait List Reservation # Wxxx is scheduled to be converted to an order on 2005-08-29. If you no longer wish to receive this item, you must cancel your Wait List Reservation prior to 2005-08-29 by logging into your account here:

If you would like to accept the Wait List offer and do not need to update your information, then no action is necessary. Your reservation will convert into an order after 2005-08-29 and will be prepared for processing at that time.

It surprises me that they are all coming now, and from previous posts I read here, I always thought it would be the other way around: that they would contact you and you had 3 days to reply, if you wouldn't reply, they would contact the next one the list???

23goliath
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Yes, I live in Europe and am ordering from the EU warehouse.

...and I just received yet another message on a different item:

You recently placed a reservation for an item on our Wait List. Due to recent cancellations and credit card declines, one of these items has become available for fulfillment
Your Wait List Reservation # Wxxx is scheduled to be converted to an order on 2005-08-29. If you no longer wish to receive this item, you must cancel your Wait List Reservation prior to 2005-08-29 by logging into your account here:

If you would like to accept the Wait List offer and do not need to update your information, then no action is necessary. Your reservation will convert into an order after 2005-08-29 and will be prepared for processing at that time.

It surprises me that they are all coming now, and from previous posts I read here, I always thought it would be the other way around: that they would contact you and you had 3 days to reply, if you wouldn't reply, they would contact the next one the list???

TolkienCollector
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
It's been an interestin' week on the waitlist front:clap :clap :clap First, a Golden Hall :banana :banana :banana and tonite..................Escape off The Road Plaque :thud :banana :lol :bliss :bliss

Bucklebury Ferry and Amon Hen are now CANCELLED!!!

skary01902
08-26-2005, 12:53 PM
what items this one for 23G?

leebgb
08-26-2005, 01:02 PM
I just got an Escape off the Road plaque email from the waiting list as well. I'll be spending the next few hours deciding whether to get it or not. :dunno

23goliath
08-26-2005, 01:04 PM
what items this one for 23G?

It is for a Smeagol Bust (Comic Con Exclusive from last year). I'll probably cancel it because it is available cheaper on Ebay.

I must have been intoxicated by all the Waitlist signs popping up this month. I signed up for this one on Aug 18th - so it was really a "Short Wait" list...

skary01902
08-26-2005, 01:16 PM
MMMMMM.......waitlist fullfillments, now if they could clean up and scavenger hunt in the Us warehouse and find us some sweet goodies i'd be really happy!!!

Psycho Cenobite
08-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Just had two waiting lists emails:

Escape the Road
Orc Swordsman bust

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

Gazmog
08-26-2005, 01:28 PM
For anyone on the waiting list for the 'Flight from Isengard' plaque...you may get an email. ;)

CaptainCaveTroll
08-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Just got my waitlist offer for a Cave Troll at retail ($300). With the amount of statues that are coming out though, I think I will pass.

Gazmog
08-26-2005, 01:50 PM
:lol :mwaha

23goliath
08-26-2005, 02:11 PM
With the amount of statues that are coming out though, I think I will pass.

:thwak :thwak :bonk :bonk :thwak :thwak

LOTR Fan
08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I personally wouldn't pass on the Escape Plaque it is truly the best of the bunch, glad I have one. :banana

SamAKALiz
08-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Lee- I'm with LOTR Fan. Do not pass on the Escape Plaque! Not unless you can find it cheaper, which is getting tough these days... It is a GREAT piece.

WetaNutt
08-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Another voice to praise the Escape plaque. You will regret it.
Sent you a PM.

TolkienCollector
08-26-2005, 04:06 PM
You will regret it.
I won't, 'cos I got one coming :lol :banana :thud :thud :thud

WetaNutt
08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Good on ya TC! :banana

LOTR Fan
08-26-2005, 04:12 PM
You will love this one. :clap :bliss Although maybe not as much as Muffin! :lol

Chicky
08-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Just a heads up, that most of these wait lists are being recalled in Europe from stock discovered during a hand count of the EU warehouse. Of those lists there were Escape plaques, cave troll busts, Gollum busts, Arwen statues, eleven infantry busts, Ringwraith on Steeds, and Samaritans. Please note that there were only a few of each found and obviously not everyone on the wait list was recalled, only those from the EU.

Best,
Chicky

leebgb
08-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Chicky, do you have any info for us on the US waitlists?:D

Chicky
08-26-2005, 04:38 PM
han solo ex, Gollum 3/4 bust, golden hall, weathertop, flight from isengard plaque. These collectibles have only had a few items per recalled. The older lists are being contacted first however we have had a large amount of bounces due to the age of the e-mails on this list.

Best,
Chicky

TolkienCollector
08-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Arwen statue?!?!? I'm on wailist fer her too :bow :thud :bow :thud

leebgb
08-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks! :banana

Seion
08-26-2005, 09:24 PM
*sigh*

Well, I have mixed emotions with the new waitlist set-up. It is rather obvious that names placed on the newer waitlists are getting items before the people from the older ones. I was on the RWOS & Gimli waitlists within hours before they went on sale. In the case of the RWOS, I remember that at one point it sold out, I put my name down on the waitlist the same day, then it went back up for sale on the website. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it during the short time period that it went back on sale, and I never heard anything from the waitlist. By the time I heard that it was available, it was of course, sold out again. So, I placed my name on the waitlist again, just in case. Dummy me, I didn't place my name on the waitlist for the RWOS when the new system started up, thinking that my old one would be good enough. I'm willing to bet that those select few who won Gimli's & RWOS's were on the new system.

On the other hand, I have to say luck was with me the other day. I came up for a Han Solo Exclusive. Yay!!! This was one that I missed because of newsletter issues at the time, and not being aware that it was on sale. I put my name down using the old format. Then, as soon as the system was changed over, I placed my name on it again. Guess what...when my name came up for it, it came up using the new system. I feel that I have been burned with some of the older LOTR waitlists, but the new one sure came through for me with Han.

In conclusion, the waitlists aren't perfect. If they were, the same people (some boardmembers included) wouldn't be getting items they already purchased that end up on ebay. I do have a feeling that we will be seeing a few of the older items trickle in as the line comes to an end. It just makes sense that the inventories need to be cleaned up with the seperation of SS & Weta.

Seion

Gazmog
08-27-2005, 04:12 AM
eleven infantry busts

Which eleven, and which infantry? :p :D

joogle
11-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Ok instead of starting a new thread I found this one which kind of deals with my question regarding the wait list.

I just saw the Sideshow Exclusive Luke say:

"The Wait List for the Luke Skywalker Excluisve figure has reached its capacity and has been closed."

Ok, then what about the old LOTR pieces, why does Sideshow continue to have the wait list up? I mean is there a stockpile hidden somewhere that needs to be inspected?

Seriously, I have brought this up before with them during the chats, why do they continue to take wait lists for sold out item, when the might have only 1 or 2 pieces left in stock for it?

I mean if they can stop taking Luke Exclusive waitlists, they can definitely stop some of the old LOTR pieces, I was on some of those wait lists from like 2001/2002 - and I still the same products with their wait list open.

Strange.

Dusty
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Ok instead of starting a new thread I found this one which kind of deals with my question regarding the wait list.

I just saw the Sideshow Exclusive Luke say:

"The Wait List for the Luke Skywalker Excluisve figure has reached its capacity and has been closed."

Ok, then what about the old LOTR pieces, why does Sideshow continue to have the wait list up? I mean is there a stockpile hidden somewhere that needs to be inspected?

Seriously, I have brought this up before with them during the chats, why do they continue to take wait lists for sold out item, when the might have only 1 or 2 pieces left in stock for it?

I mean if they can stop taking Luke Exclusive waitlists, they can definitely stop some of the old LOTR pieces, I was on some of those wait lists from like 2001/2002 - and I still the same products with their wait list open.

Strange.

Have no fear, we are working on doing this for the older items - we have heard the requests. But basically, whether open OR closed, waitlists do nothing except benefit you as a collector. If you put your name on it and don't get the item, there's no harm done - it's not like we're doing something nefarious behind the scenes with the names on the waitlist :p. And if you DO get it, well that's great news! So we still suggest signing up for waitlists - there's really nothing at all to lose, and you may just be pleasantly surprised one day :peace

Alice Adrenochrome
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't know about that bro. I signed up for a wait list item one day. And when I got a mail, telling me that there was an item available, I answered to this mail only 3 to 4 hours later, stating that I wanted the item. Usually you have up to 3 days to accept or deny such a mail. Guess what. Next day I got a mail telling me that it was already to late, and that the item was gone. Get real man! I replied to that mail only about 3 or 4 hours after I received it!! No harm done? First i get a confirmation on a wait list item, and then I get turned down. I am very sure, you have a plausible way the explaining this.

Dusty
11-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't know about that bro. I signed up for a wait list item one day. And when I got a mail, telling me that there was an item available, I answered to this mail only 3 to 4 hours later, stating that I wanted the item. Usually you have up to 3 days to accept or deny such a mail. Guess what. Next day I got a mail telling me that it was already to late, and that the item was gone. Get real man! I replied to that mail only about 3 or 4 hours after I received it!! No harm done? First i get a confirmation on a wait list item, and then I get turned down. I am very sure, you have a plausible way the explaining this.

First, I'm not a man :p But that's fine, it's hard to tell over the internet :D

Secondly, I'm not sure if your wailist was from a NEW waitlisted product, or from our old style of doing waitlists. With our new policy, you have 3 days to *decline* the waitlist reservation, after which the W automatically converts to an order. So I'm assuming that yours was on the old system, which was ENTIRELY manual and was prone to mistakes of various types. This is why we switched to the new method.

Also, that may have been one of the few times that our hand count was off for the product, and the mistake wasn't caught until after the emails had been sent out. In that case, there is *no excuse*, plausible or otherwise - there is just a *sincere* apology issued by Sideshow to you. We get so excited to think that we may be able to provide a sold-out figure to someone who really wants it (and I'm not kidding, whether you believe me or not - there IS a sense of excitement when we are able to fulfull waitlist reservations), that we occasionally jump the gun on the waitlist emails. If that occurs, the only thing to be done is apologize for our mistake, a mistake which is NEVER made for any nefarious purpose, no matter what the corporate conspiracists would have you believe. ;) Why would we want to do that to our customers on purpose??

To this end, I still stand by my "no harm done" philosophy - you were not charged for the item, you were not guaranteed the item - yes, the mistake was on our end, but you did not pay for it in anything other than disappointment at still not having an item that you didn't have to begin with. It's not like it was sent to you, and then a couple days later Customer Service calls and says, oh I'm sorry that was a mistake, can you please send it back? :)

I understand people's frustration with the wait list, but to that I say, isn't it better to offer it than to not? I mean, honestly? If enough people said the wait list is silly and why even offer it, I'm sure that we'd think about doing away with it. But to me, it seems the only fair way to handle it, which is why we have listened and upgraded from our old system to a more efficient and automated process :dunno

:duff

joogle
11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the response to my question Dusty. I agree with your no harm done policy, and do think the wait list does offer a great oppurtunity to collect sold out pieces.

But my concern is that often times when a individuals sees a wait list item open, they get a sense of false hope, thinking I bet over 100 people must have signed up now, why isn't it closed yet.

Also, I bet you guys have problems with the list when multiple submissions from the same person is received for the same item.

I know you mentioned the quirks are being worked and I have high hopes it becomes more efficient.

Thanks again.

P.S. Another idea I had mentioned before which I would like to convey is that I think it's time that Sideshow starts a rewards program for purchases directly from Sideshow. For example, 1 pt for each $1 spent, and then having a rewards or discount program, I think that would help Sideshow.

Bodie The Cursed
11-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the insight sexy.

Daveyjaro
11-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Chicky Said:

The older lists are being contacted first however we have had a large amount of bounces due to the age of the e-mails on this list.

I know this was posted a while ago, but I just saw it. In 2004 I closed my dialup internet account and now have High-speed internet. What will happen to my "OLD" wait lists for the early FOTR pieces when my djaro@sprynet.com bounces??? Aren't wait lists tied to email AND account? It is a shame I will miss out on a statue because I upgraded to high-speed internet. Any chance you can change the email address to my current email on my account for those OLD lists I am on with my old email? Appreciate a reply, and others in my situation my appreciate this too. Shouldn't be that many people with this problem.

(PS - It is safe to post my old email, cause, it is dead mailbox).

:peace

GrishnakhMan
11-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Hi,

I've just read through every post in this thread and I have a solution...

Thinking beyond a SSF or anyone receiving walt lists etc...

As a warehouse manager, we are obliged to have stock takes each year. Now I'm not talking tin pot company, 5000 lines of product in 5 warehouses.

We do this and get our stock levels correct, update the system of any errors and we know that from that date our stock is correct. We also move any lost product back to it's correct home so it is in the right place.

Recently we installed a barcoding system, which didn't cost too much and to be honest a monkey could use and now we are 99% accurate in our stock levels, (unknown breakages / loss / theft etc), and we know where everything is, not only that but it's made us about 30% more efficient.

Surely a company of SS's size should have some systems in place, even if it's not barcoding. If not and it is as it sounds a bit of a guess surely the warehouse manager isn't doing his job...

It must be hard to loose a RWOS box for example...

Just my 2 pence worth...

:peace

FlyAndFight
11-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Keep my waitlist open, Dusty. I find absolutely nothing wrong with signing up for a sold out item incase one becomes available.

On one occassion I was able to obtain an item (Eomer Helm) from ebay and then weeks later was contacted by SS that the same waitlist item had become available. I cancelled the order and no harm done. On another occassion, I was surprised to hear from SS that they had a Rohirrim Bust available and I quickly replied "yes, I want it" and received it in perfect shape.

I don't see it as hopes crushed, as I honestly don't expect most, if not all of my wait list item orders to be fulfilled. I certainly am pleasantly surprised when one does come through. That's how I see it.

By the way, fantastic idea regarding the bar-coding, GrishnakhMan!

Fritz
11-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Wait List ROCKS!!!!! Wooooooo! :rock :D