HT Appleseed figures have ..no bodies underneath?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunk_leprechaun

Super Freak
Reaction score
this is what i was afraid of after seeing the initial pics of these figures. terrible bodies.. atleast i think so:monkey2

page-deunan_big03.jpg

page-briaeros_big06.jpg

Looks like they're done just like the rubber muscle bodies - I don't see a problem with that.

All figures are bound to have limited articulation. I think this way will be a lot better!

I'm not the biggest fan of the muscle bodies, but I'm still getting these. I don't mind the muscle body and the limited articulation that comes with them. It's the fragileness of the interior skeletal structure and the possibility of the rubber drying and cracking that I don't like. I had one of the early HT muscle bodies and it cracked pretty bad. So far, no problems with the HT Drake body, though, so it's possible this has been taken care of.

kinda looks like it might be a rubber suit molded over the body. kinda like the HT and Takara Batman figures. speaking of Takara, anyone have pics/links of the Takara Appleseed figs?

I do see what appears to be an inaccuracy in these figures, though. Not too big of a deal, but it kind of bugs me. The holsters are missing the strap that holds them on the belt.

appleseed_strap.jpg

an easy customization with the holsters... as for the bodies / clothing, i think they are totally on point.

I think moulded bodies are probanly the way forward for some characters with tight fitting costumes, as long as I can get some reasonable poses I still think the detail on the HT ones will make them look amazing on the shelf.
No deep squating poses though I guess. I' think Taks gonna take the crown for poseability but HT for shere visual impact.

I would like a bit more range in articulation, but overall the aesthetic appearance is what I care about more.
Between Hot Toys and Takara, I'll wait until I see more of Takara's offerings before I make a choice which I'll buy.

I would like a bit more range in articulation, but overall the aesthetic appearance is what I care about more.
Between Hot Toys and Takara, I'll wait until I see more of Takara's offerings before I make a choice which I'll buy.

Yeah, that and cost will play a factor too!

I'd love to had this figures to my collection. But I've haven't seen the movie and would only be buying them because for how cool they look!

Having said that, I think HT made the right choice re the body... a suit like that would restrict the figure more than a body that was designed for the suit.

Back