Official HT Predator 2 image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
Sorry, simply tired of seeing the best pics of this AMAZING figure in the 15 days yet to come thread...it deserves it's own it's here now thread. :D

Anyway, here is my totally repainted P2.
I repainted the head, but used the original coloring pattern as a guide, but had to straighten up a few of the lines, as they weren't following the structures.

Also totally repainted all the armor, and weapons due to that they weren't burnt/patina'd coppery enough to suit me. Didn't touch the disc. It looks great. Needs a kind of charred burnt look underneath, and wish old Hurricane could rig it up with teenie tiny winkie blinkies... (One can wish)

So, here is my Predator 2...

P2000a.jpg

P2000-1.jpg

P2001-1.jpg

P2002-1.jpg

P2003.jpg

P2004.jpg

P2005.jpg

Oh, and what he looks like under the armor...

P2009.jpg

This was a lot of fun for me. I have so wanted to paint this character again!
Now, bring on that P2 Elder!!!!!

Pure Gold Les! Pure Gold!

If I could afford to commission your painting skills, you'd be rich! :eek:

Sorry, simply tired of seeing the best pics of this AMAZING figure in the 15 days yet to come thread...it deserves it's own it's here now thread. :D

Anyway, here is my totally repainted P2.
I repainted the head, but used the original coloring pattern as a guide, but had to straighten up a few of the lines, as they weren't following the structures.

Also totally repainted all the armor, and weapons due to that they weren't burnt/patina'd coppery enough to suit me. Didn't touch the disc. It looks great. Needs a kind of charred burnt look underneath, and wish old Hurricane could rig it up with teenie tiny winkie blinkies... (One can wish)

So, here is my Predator 2...

P2000a.jpg

P2000-1.jpg

P2001-1.jpg

P2002-1.jpg

P2003.jpg

P2004.jpg

P2005.jpg

Oh, and what he looks like under the armor...

P2009.jpg

This was a lot of fun for me. I have so wanted to paint this character again!
Now, bring on that P2 Elder!!!!!

How much for a paint app?

Some detail shots...

P2007.jpg

P2008.jpg

P2010.jpg

Thank goodness this Predator has a lot of reference shots out there.

I added to his chest strap, by tying some knots in it, (It actually holds the bag at his left waist, along with an antler which is strapped to it, but with this affair so tied together in such a complex manner, I just decided to pass on that detail...) Otherwise, not much actual detail to add to it. The threads that hold his front crotch armor are supposed to be ruddy leather straps, not greenish tan string, so I repainted those, and added patina streaks to the underlying armor "codpiece" so it would look right with the frontal armor.

This guy's mostly about the color combos, blue-greens and burnt coppers on the armor, and light cream, ruddy brown (Burnt sienna) and black dots, on his skin. Simple, but a tough combo to see in shots. Not quite what the HT guys painted, but that is a nice combo too. More bronzey.
Anyway, just fine tuning mostly.

The hands and feet are another story. FULL on repaints there. Tiring. Haven't even had time to repaint the spares yet... I spent as much time on them as on his whole body.

Geez Les! You've outdone yourself again... the paint work (especially the face) looks straight out of a movie. Man, when you go to work on a figure, you go to work!!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the Elder :rock

And this shot just really sells it! Just perfect!!!
P2001-1.jpg

Oh, just checked my tracking number... Pred2 will be hear tomorrow. I'll be sure to post some pictures that will look like shat next to Les' awesome repaint :lol

Great job Les, i was really looking forward to seeing this one, and you did not disappoint!!!

:bow :bow

Looks 10x better, the paint on the head is SICK!!

That's awesome Les! looks like he just walked off screen.
So did you repaint the whole head or just blended the yellows and added black around the eyes and black spots?
Almost makes me not want to put it together right away and wait until I can have it painted by the master himself!
I really should buy me some paints.

Les, that repaint is outstanding!! Once again, you have taken something that is beautiful to begin with, and turned it into something priceless.

And King, great pics!!! I love the background scenery!

Back