AVP Alien Grid Hot Toys figure from SSC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't Sideshow already distribute this figure... or maybe they only variant they had was the brown?

Didn't Sideshow already distribute this figure... or maybe they only variant they had was the brown?

Yeah they only released the Brown Variant and the regular Alien from AVP. I had accepted that I was never going to buy one and thought about making a Grid out of a regular Alien at a later date. But the one issue I thought I'd have is in the grid scarring on the shoulders.

For anyone who owns a HT Grid Alien, is the grid scarring on his shoulders sculpted in or is it just painted on?

The Grid Alien is the only one I wanted from AVP and I'm fairly pissed that I don't have the funds for it right now.

Those of you who can't afford it now, I'd suggest saving now that you know it's available, I don't see it being a fast sellout.

My order is in! This will be my first Hot Toys Alien. :rock

Mine too.

I was hoping he would be for pre-order as I really shouldn’t be spending the cash, but with half price international shipping and I have $60 worth of rewards point's I couldn't pass him up.

I will be getting Predator 2 and Elder predator on throne in a few weeks too, so very excited.

I see that they have only 8 left of the Elder Predator. I'm so tempted to get him. Like I said I shouldn’t really be spending the cash.

Is he different to the one on the throne. I was a little unsure if the throne version was the same just with a throne or it was more of a statute and not even the same scale. If they are the same I won't bother, but if they are different I will probably cave and buy him too.

Sweeeeeeet!!

Thanks a lot for the heads up on this, been wanting this guy for a while now. Now my HT ALiens Predator collection is basically complete. The only one I'm missing now is the Elder Asia edition (but it's so similar to the Sideshow version, I'm not too concerned about that one).

Used my reward points and scored it for $76 shipped!! :D:D:D

SimFeliz - I wouldn't bother with the Elder on Throne statue if I were you. It's basically a plastic statue (Mcfarlane style), and appears to be in a smaller scale then the regular HT 1/6ers. Go with the regular Elder. It's a little work getting the spines in his face, but the figure kicks all kinds of ass over the statue.

I already got and im not a big fan of him, going to keep the facehugger and sell off grid so i can get the aliens version.
Hey Ian, I wanted to know if the grid scarring is sculpted into his shoulder or is it just painted on there?
If it's just painted on, I can always customize a Grid from a regular like P!tu did.

And I agree with Reefer Shark on the Elder Throne SimFeliz, it's a non-poseable statue and at only 11" tall, it's definitely not in 1:6 scale (1:6 Predators should be 14" tall).
It wont fit in at all with Grid.

Hey Ian, I wanted to know if the grid scarring is sculpted into his shoulder or is it just painted on there?
If it's just painted on, I can always customize a Grid from a regular like P!tu did.

The scarring is sculpted and painted.
It's the same as the BLISTER EXCLUSIVE. Meh.... I pass.
I would've liked to have the facehugger though. :eek:

A whole year passed already...why release this now? :confused:

Damn. I ordered him in haste. It was when the Predator 2 Predator was put up for pre-order. I decided to start collecting the line and saw that the Throne Elder Predator was up from pre-order too. I ordered him too thinking he was in the same scale. I have a bad habit of not reading things through. (why I avoid contracts). It was only yesterday I was trying to see how different he was to the regular Elder and noticed the size difference.

Not too sure if I can cancel now. I would of had him by now but my card was declined. I have arranged for SS to charge me this week, and I have other items in the order so it's probably all packed ad ready to go.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and order the Elder.

Damn. I ordered him in haste. It was when the Predator 2 Predator was put up for pre-order. I decided to start collecting the line and saw that the Throne Elder Predator was up from pre-order too. I ordered him too thinking he was in the same scale. I have a bad habit of not reading things through. (why I avoid contracts). It was only yesterday I was trying to see how different he was to the regular Elder and noticed the size difference.

Not too sure if I can cancel now. I would of had him by now but my card was declined. I have arranged for SS to charge me this week, and I have other items in the order so it's probably all packed ad ready to go.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and order the Elder.

Oh definitely call them first thing 9 AM Pacific time tomorrow and have them cancel it. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle for them I think, much better to be a little inconveniencing for them then to end up buying something you don't really want. Besides, it should save on shipping for you.
I've canceled many items just before they ship out, so it wouldn't be a first.

The scarring is sculpted and painted.
It's the same as the BLISTER EXCLUSIVE. Meh.... I pass.
I would've liked to have the facehugger though. :eek:

A whole year passed already...why release this now? :confused:

Thanks, now I'm worried it'll sellout before I can buy one. :lol

I always thought this one looked a little cheap... something about the blood looks kinda fake. But, he's still the only recognizable Alien so thats cool.

Not my Pic:

CIMG3753.jpg

Well...what do you know...
I have the Blister Exclusive, it's indeed weird they re-release this...hmmm....
He looks pretty cool actually, the paint apps are a little iffy, but overall is a nice variation.

Here's mine along with all the gang!

preds2.jpg

Back