Blur88 - Thank you very much for the Sam & Bill! :-)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JSAuctionService

Blur88 - Thank you very much for the Sam & Bill! :)

Here he is in his new home - happy, safe, and sound:

sambilljs6cs.jpg

Once I get my Aragorn Statue coming up soon, I'll have the
fellowship complete save for "Salad Boy" Merry. That'll be a
tough one for me to tolerate, as I don't really like the look
of the statue, but would like it to complete the fellowship. :bang

Either way - Sam & Bill in da house! :rock :rock2 :banana :carrot :ted :elef :clap :win

Thanks again Blur88! :toast :bow

:bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss :bliss

Congrats Jim :wave

But, what happened to the Sam & Bill statue I sold you last year :thwak

:balrog

DKNYC - He went to a friend (not Ebay) when I was in a money bind several months ago.

Now I'm doing a smidge better, and missed him something terrible,
so it was time to get him back, hopefully to stay this time.

Re: "Salad Boy" Merry

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Now seriously - LOOK at the mug on Merry! That statue looks
to be terrible in the pictures I've seen! Holy cow! I just can't
get over the "cherubic" shiny-faced look he's got going.

Makes me think of those porcelain hallmark christmas tree
ornaments, NOT a member in good standing of the Fellowship!

I'm really gonna have to stretch to get him. Even if he were
at retail he'd be a tough one to tolerate, but at his current
selling rate of $300-$400, it just isn't gonna happen.

Please let me know if I'm missing something, and this statue is
a "hidden gem" or something that I just don't see.

Re: "Salad Boy" Merry

JS, I've said this many times, Merry is an awesome piece. I'll admit, the face isn't the greatest representation of the movie character, but who in the FOTR line was other than possibly Gandalf?

However, the Merry statue simply oozes with what it means to be a hobbit. Frodo shows the weight of his burdon. Pippin demonstrates the fear of Trolls and constipation when in armor. Sam's statue really seems to portray the character of Samwise perfectly. However, when I think of hobbits, I think of beer, parties, food, beer, and the love of the simple life (often in troublesome ways). Merry does just this. I absolutely love the scene when he's stealing the veggies. Everytime I look at this piece, it reminds me of some of my favorite parts in the books & the movie, namely, those in the shire. As a kid (well, heck, even today!) I dreamed of living in the Shire (Pre-burning) and the only pieces that really remind me of it are Merry and S&B.

This is one of the few items that just really makes me smile everytime I look at it. There simply aren't that many "happy" pieces in the line-up. If you can pick this one up, I highly recommend it. It is actually one of my very favorite figures. I'd definitely put it into my top five, and it might actually squeeze into my top three depending on my mood.

Again, don't pass this one up Jim!

Seion

Merry

I, too, had my doubts about the "Merry" piece, when viewed online. I am a recent entrant into the SSW LOTR Polystone Insanity club , and even though I didn't think I liked the look of that piece, after securing the other members of the Fellowship, I decided to buy the Merry to complete the "set". I must say, in person this statue is waaaayyyy better than the pics online would indicate. As Seion points out, it seems to have that "hobbit" personality. I like it a lot more than the Pippen, Guard of the Citadel piece!

Re: Merry

You know what's going to happen, you'll get it and then be amazed at how great you really think it is. As has been said, it's a rare 'happy' statue, and we needed a happy hobbit statue. It adds to the collection..

I think I might try for S&B at some point next year. The other hobbit statues don't do it for me, but I might get Bilbo or Frodo to go with him. I need at least one hobbit in my LOTR collection, but I hate the Pippin statue. Bilbo and S&B look like great pieces, and maybe I'll go for one of them.

Really pleased you got him back Jim :clap :clap , S&B has to be one of my favourite statues.

I have to say personally I love the Merry Statue.

Like some here have mentioned I wasn't sure about getting him at first as I'd only seen pictures of him but he looks awesome in person.
My Hobbit shelf is made up of S&B,Frodo,Bilbo then Merry, Pippin will be on the end when he arrives but he may look out of place I will have to see when he gets here.

Congrats Jim :wave :grouphug

shell
x
:toast :gimli

There's nothing wrong with buying and selling. If timed well, a nice profit can be had which can then fund a new addition to the collection. I've made profit as well as losses so you have to take the rough with the smooth.

It's such a bloody expensive hobby that, when times are hard, the easiest way to get some cash is to sell a statue. By selling, for example, Sam and Bill, you can get the money you need knowing full well that, at a later date, you can always pick the piece up for the same value.

None taken WS! :grouphug

I just realized that Sam & Bill was actually the very first piece
that I had ever had to reacquire after selling my original from DKNYC.

I hear people express regret all the time for selling a statue, and
then either wanting it back, or having to repurchase it later,
and now I guess I've joined the group.

Here's to me: :doh :bang :bonk :lol

Back