Angel PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Although I personally don't have any pictures to share, I thought I would take this opportunity to start this thread nevertheless. I know a few Freak board members are expecting theirs any day now so PLEASE share photos of your piece here. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

i don have it n haven ordered it yet. will be gettin the original only so hopefully it turns out well..really well..
waiting IMPATIENTLY to wake up tomorrow mornin to see pics...pls post lots n lots. thanks in advance

Mine should be here today so I will try get some pictures up in the next day or two unless someone beats me to it.

I wonder why Sideshow hasn't updated their site with production pics of this PF now that he is shipping. :confused:

Either they are WAY TOO busy with their Spookacular shennigans or the photos are really of the production piece. The time span between announcement to shippping was comparatively short. :eek:

I just got him last night - I think they haven't updated, or perhaps they have - he looks just like the prototype. Both heads are better than I expected, but the vamp head is really great. Careful with the sword, you have to remove the little pommel to get it in his hand. But I like how the hand was designed, you could put a stake or something else in his hand if you wanted.

Ran home to pick him up during lunch and took a few quick pictures.

Quick thoughts: must be either a hip or cheap vampire, no socks (fabric or painted on) no belt for the pants or belt loops, laces are sculpted on the shoes but no knots. Little touches that are missing that come across as a little cheap even though you can't see them.

angelbodyjy2.jpg

angelface1xu2.jpg

Can't comment on the human sculpt because I got 2 vampire heads...

angelface2rx8.jpg

I like the Angel Vamp head better than the Spike one. Spike's painted teeth really bother me.

It looks like the Vamp brow is much smoother than the prototype version (see the Sideshow Freak Board Masthead for reference). The paint line between the forehead and the hair is a bit stark but, overall I'm liking the way the vamp head is painted.

something looks really different on this. i cant quite put my finger on it, but it looks like his bumpies are higher on his head? On the sideshow one, the bumpies were almost covering his eyes right?
Though, i really do like it
Cant wait to see the Human sculpt
Is it just me, or does his hair sculpt look different
Also, it might just be the pictures, but it looks like his head is thinner and longer, giving him a younger look. Hopefully, this will be a good sign for the Human sculpt
Wayne

Thanks for the images Natrix. Maybe you could send that extra head back to Sideshow and get a human faced replacement?

God that pose still really bothers me. It makes him look pregnant, or he's got back trouble or something. :rotfl

Thanks for the images Natrix. Maybe you could send that extra head back to Sideshow and get a human faced replacement?

God that pose still really bothers me. It makes him look pregnant, or he's got back trouble or something. :rotfl

You know what really bugs me?
His shoulders. David Boreanaz has the broadest shoulders ive ever seen lol, yet, spike seems to have more...
i think im gonna stuff them arms with cotten wool or sumin
Wayne

If it wasn't such a dodgy thing to do, I'd try breaking his legs and straightening them, and rework the body in general.

That knees bent posture is really doing my head in.

Youre right about the shoulders. Partly because of how his arms are pinned back, they slop too far, and make him look to 'bottom' heavy if you know what I mean.

sue, you could always make a copy of spikes body?
that would help
then just rework the pose to make it a little diffferent
but im still excited to get this
Im going to attempt to make a jacket for it. since the quote i got from a tailor was like quadruple the amount of the statue lol
Wayne

Mine arrived this afternoon, but I haven't had a chance to open the box yet. I have Buffy, Spike, and now Angel. I'll try to take pics this weekend of all three together. No promises though.

Based on the first picture on the first page, I think Angel looks bad-ass :emperor

Here are some pics and some opinions.
x-PF-A-B-S-v02.jpg

x-PF-A-B-S-02.jpg

Nope, they didn't do a darn thing about the expression on the human portrait. I am very disappointed in that but despite that I like it overall, particularly in display with Buffy and Spike, so it's a keeper. The forehead, though major, is the only thing I really dislike about this one.
x-PF-humanhead.jpg

Vamp head is the winner.
x-PF-vamphead.jpg

I still don't think the stance is bad at all. It's no worse than Spike's, anyway. I believe he's meant to be locking his legs, not slightly bent so he actually looks solid, like he's not going to give way as Spike's stance is. Futzing with his pants helps but because they're of a soft wool-like material, it's hard to make a stiff crease.
x-PF-full-both.jpg

This one much more than the other two is all about the angles and just won't look good viewed from certain angles. Even the vamphead can look off if you look at it from beneath, rather than straight on or slightly downward, though I don't think that'd be an issue because his head is hanging down naturally so the vamphead looks pretty good from a variety of angles. The human portrait, though, with the slightly befuddled expression (he looks weirded out by an odd smell or something) looks best to me from the 45 degree angle, slightly downward, where you're looking straight on to the placard. It kind of dictates that he's going to be to the left of the display, on a middle shelf. The paint didn't help the sculpt any on mine. His right eyebrow is sculpted arched and not as wide as his left. I touched up the eyebrows and eyes just a little but this is one begging for a resculpt, get rid of that surprised look. Maybe one day...
x-PF-human-e-05.jpg

x-PF-human-e-03.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures, Binky. I can't wait to get this guy! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I seeing all three together really makes me want to get the other two. :eek:

Back