1/6 Smiling David Boreanaz Head Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowswarlok

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey All
I was thinking to myself, that David Boreanaz has one of the most, cheekiest smiles i have ever seen, yet all the figures of him seem to make use of his quirky smirk. SO, i though i would attempt to make a 1/6 scale headsculpt, of David smiling.
He doesnt smile so much in Angel, so this is really for David or Seeley Booth figures/ Busts.
Anyways, anyone who hasnt seen David since Angel, or for those who dont watch Bones. David looks alot different. Older, but not really old. He smiles alot on Bones, so that was my inspiration.

I found this pic of him and Emily Deschanel, which i think is adorable lol. I based him on this picture, but i used a different reference for his mouth, i didnt want it too open.

faceref.jpg

I used a copy of a City of Angel head, but pretty much resculpted it all. I dremeld out his mouth to sculpt the new one.

FYI. One side of his teeth look a little odd, this will be fixed and recasted. This one is just a test paint.

DISCLAIMER: This is my FIRST ever Male sculpt and first smiling sculpt lol

Heres the clay sculpt. I used Super Sculpey Firm. Its more crumbly, but really does hold the details better. I brushed it all with Turpenoid to smoothen it out, and boy, does it work lol

claysculpt.jpg

Heres the painted head. Like i said, still got some refining to do around his teeth, might do a little to his actual eyeballs, but apart from that, im very pleased (Especially the Side View, which i think looks just like him lol)

Once again, my camera is being a *****, but in person, this looks like a mini David. So i will try to get a good photo, until i suceed

What do you all think?
Wayne

davidboreanazhead.jpg

Oh thats excellent love!

My only crit would be maybe it would be slightly better to have the mouth a wee bit more open, and maybe the teeth a tad smaller perhaps?

It's always very difficult to gauge these things in photos as it's always better to see whats going on in real life.

Don't know if we'll ever see any progress on this on this site. I was very disappointed in the childish comments to his work on the Spangel sculpture he did in another thread.

Willowswarlock is an amazing talented sculptor and has been gracious enough to share his work with us on this board and I can't blame him for not wanting to do that anymore. So if he ever finishes this, the wonderful Zoe sculpt he was doing and any others he has shared with us we won't see them on this site.

I wish I had seen that thread earlier so I could have shown him my support as some of the members on this site did.

Yeah, I've seen willowswarlok's work at the btvsfigs forum as well, and he/she is definitely a very talented artist. It's a shame that ugliness had to take place here in the Whedonville forum, it's always been one of the friendlier and more supportive parts of the Freaks community. Hopefully the damage isn't irrevocable.

Oh I think it's pretty much is I'm afraid. If my work had bern called 'obscene' I would have felt the same too. :confused:

Don't know if we'll ever see any progress on this on this site. I was very disappointed in the childish comments to his work on the Spangel sculpture he did in another thread.

Willowswarlock is an amazing talented sculptor and has been gracious enough to share his work with us on this board and I can't blame him for not wanting to do that anymore. So if he ever finishes this, the wonderful Zoe sculpt he was doing and any others he has shared with us we won't see them on this site.

I wish I had seen that thread earlier so I could have shown him my support as some of the members on this site did.

Ok, I was [and still am] interested in this Angel, but what, pardon my ignorance, is Spangel?

Spangel is a slang term used online for the slash pairing of Spike/Angel =Spangel, you see.:rolleyes:

It's been a very popular ship for many years now and is still going strong. :D

Ahhh, thanks you for explaining.
Does anyone happen to know willowswarlok or stay in contact with him? Maybe we could contact him off board?

He posts at this forum also....

https://btvsfigs.proboards48.com/

Where he originally posted the 'dreaded' item in question and which didn't come in for the kind of rough ride that it got here. :confused:

I believe that the mods here PM'd him and apologised for what happened.

Last edited:
what did i miss? this person does great work!

One of willowswarlok's pieces was posted and it received less than enthusiastic responses from certain boardmembers, and that's sugarcoating it. As a result, it looks like willowswarlok has left the buliding unfortunately.

Back