HT Power Loader full review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Here at last is my review, feels like it was a long wait, but definetly worth it-

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102407b.htm

I just noticed Michael had added this to the end of the 'arrives in UK thread' but thought it's worth letting people know there's a full review over on his site!

Class A review, Wookster!!! Good job, really; a pity that the pictures of Les's work won't show: apparently one must have an account at onesixthwarriors.com to view them.

Excellent review there, very comprehensive.

Reading your review has only made me more disappointed that I wont be getting this beauty right now.

By the way, you should really post the photos you took in this forum, they are incredible!!!. I especially like the first one, very reminicent of Ripleys reveal shot as she squares up to the Queen :rock!!!! The skirmish shots with the warriors look killer too. HT has to release a Queen now, even if it isnt a 100% true to scale.

Excellent review Jeff!!!

Very well thought out and written. And those pics are outstanding!!

LOVE the first one, like a screen shot right out of the movie.

Another one of your reviews that makes my wallet want to cringe in terror :lol Sadly I'm safe in that I just don't have a space to display this sucker or I'd be trouble.

This has got to be one of the most comprehensive, well articulated, generally amazing reviews I have EVER read. Congrats to Jeff for providing so many pics and such an extraordinary analysis I could only dream of reading.

A kickass Review any sophisticated Collector can truly appreciate!

You Rock Jeff!

Thanks guys, glad it went down well. I'll try and post some more of the pics I took, but I'm swamped with work at the moment and my photo-bucket account is groaning under the strain of a heavy month.

It looks awesome man, the only thing that turns me off is the human arms with the hinge on em. Id get this if i wasnt gonna get the avp2 bio helmet

Great review Jeff!
(And thanks so much for mentioning me and my Ripley repaint! I am so flattered! Let me know what I can do for you dude! :D )

Anyway, with only one month to go, less til my final flexpay payment at SSC, and this baby will be mine! :monkey5

Super stuff! Can you believe we live in an age with such toys in it? :rock

great review...........made me get amped up to recieve this thing. i will worry about where to display and how to send my kids to college later. i just want that thing in my hands.:chew

Not to sound sensitive, or as though I'm in denial, but they really can't be considered toys in my book. They're more like miniatures. Or, like Robodad calls them, poseable statues. Or maquettes. Action figures and toys are things that get played with, that get down in the dirt, that you use to make war upon each other.

This power loader is the prime example. :love What a fine, fine piece of art, baby!

Im on this like stink on ****
great review
like others have said the first pic rocked
just like the movie
there is a place on my desk already for it

Great Review

And an Awsome Piece from HOT TOYS!

Last edited:
Great review, very thorough and the pictures are fantastic! Although I don't have mine yet, I'd probably be a little higher on the scoring.

Love that first pic and the second to the last one with the Aliens swarming the loader!

I do have a question, I think I read on OSW that the Loader doesn't come with batteries. If so, then what type of batteries are required?

Three 1.5v AA's just open the roll cage and the compartments in the top.
And Les it was a pleasure, you showed us all the sculpt is pretty spot on if you know how to bring it out, sadly I don't!
And Monk, as I say in the review this is way too fragile and cool to let any kid within 500 metres = definetly NOT a toy! And Screamingmetal, I do think I might have been a bit tough on it here and there, but HT stuff is getting so consistently amazing they're just gonna get nothing but **** marks, and we don't want them getting complacent (like that's gonna happen), and ultimately I did give it a well deserved 'overall' ****, it's an art piece, but you guys know that, I'm preaching to the converted.

Brilliant review - I concur with most if not all of your observations. :)

Holy crap! I knew I made a mistake by not selling a kidney to afford following the Aliens line. Wow... Great review. If Hot Toys can do this... what can't they do?

Back