Sideshow T2 1/6 Scale. Over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kain's Ancient Blade

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone know if Sideshow is ending the 1/6 scale line? Or if it is already over? I feel their are still other T2 figures to make. I know they're ending their bust line, but what about the 1/6? And speaking of busts, if they can make an adult John Connor bust, why not a 1/6 scale. I would love to have adult John square off against my HT Endo.
Their is still battle damage Arnold, with alternate head and interchangeable endo hand ala Anakin Skywalker. Or they could pick up the T3 license.

Thoughts, comments, questions.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

I think the T2 line didn't hit as well as SSC would have liked. I don't expect any more releases other than the ones we've had.

I think the T2 line didn't hit as well as SSC would have liked. I don't expect any more releases other than the ones we've had.

Unfortunately, I agree. The slow sales of the Sarah Connor figure seem to have been the final nail in the coffin. For such a "requested" figure, it moved slower than a turtle.

I too was hoping for a battle-damaged T-800. That's the main reason I passed on the "biker" version.

At least I have my 10 day notice for the battle-damaged bust.

Unfortunately, I agree. The slow sales of the Sarah Connor figure seem to have been the final nail in the coffin. For such a "requested" figure, it moved slower than a turtle.

I too was hoping for a battle-damaged T-800. That's the main reason I passed on the "biker" version.

At least I have my 10 day notice for the battle-damaged bust.

Ya but haven't you guys noticed that Sideshow and Hot Toys really have no competition directly to each other? I know that the Hot Toys BD version is one of part 1 but it just seems like the 2 companies will have no part in having many similarities.

I would LOVE to see a BD T2 but your right, its not gonna happen. I jumped on all 3 T2 figures and love all of them especially the Sarah Connor, I guess some great things don't spark too much attention.

Hot Toys has made some great Predator figs now lets hope Sideshow brings us Dutch and the gang soon!

Ya but haven't you guys noticed that Sideshow and Hot Toys really have no competition directly to each other? I know that the Hot Toys BD version is one of part 1 but it just seems like the 2 companies will have no part in having many similarities.

HT's version is from T3. It'd be completely different. I don't think that is what will stop SSC from continuing with a BD Terminator, I think the lackluster sales of a high profile characer like Sarah Connor and the fact that the Terminators themselves weren't exactly high sellouts will, the R&D aren't justified. I think if they had already begun moving on the project before Sarah Connor then maybe we'll see it because its already done but other than that its gone.

HT's version is from T3. It'd be completely different. I don't think that is what will stop SSC from continuing with a BD Terminator, I think the lackluster sales of a high profile characer like Sarah Connor and the fact that the Terminators themselves weren't exactly high sellouts will, the R&D aren't justified. I think if they had already begun moving on the project before Sarah Connor then maybe we'll see it because its already done but other than that its gone.

Well you could look at it this way, the HT BD head sculpt was ridiculously bad and now we have great custom heads to replace it. I think the only thing left to do is to make custom heads for the T2's

Why not!

It'd be a shame to end the line without a Battle Damaged T-800 and Biker Cop T-1000.
I think the figures did well enough, all but the T-1000 have sold out.
Part of the reason I think Sarah didn't sell out quickly enough is Sideshow's basic female body, it's just plain ugly. And the problem with the T-1000 is that his police kit was very poorly done, most wanted to change out his accessories.
Had Sideshow prevented the issues many have with these figures, I think the line would've been much more successful.
If they manage not to have any problems like the previous figures, the BD T-800 and BC T-1000 would do incredibly well.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that with the addition of the Hobbits and the smaller body scale that SS will get some balls and make young John Conner w/ his dirt bike. Probably not likely, although they had no problem making 10,000 Buffy figures...

If nothing else you could probably make a mean custom out of DiD's new "Hitler youth" figure.

Seems like the line is dead, if there is any hope we'll maybe see a young John Connor... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think T2 is just too much of a small, core fanbase to sell big. The Legendary Scale busts both sold out after shipping if I recall, and the mini bust line came and went with 3 regulars and 1 Con exclusive. I think the 1/6 line suffered from the size of the fanbase in combination with the character choices. I know fans like myself want all the key players so Sarah was welcomed, but I'm sure many just want versions of the Terminators themselves and possibly young John. I hope to at least get a young John before it dies, but time will tell, not good odds though.

I think also a lackluster Arnie in 1/6 didn't help matters. Out of the 1/6 line I only bought the T-1000. The other figures didn't look nice enough for me to feel like buying them.

I thought Arnie was great until Darren's resculpt....now my Arnie just doesn't have the same feel to it....

I think the Arnie sculpt is perfect, the neck not having that steroid built, mr olympia look to is the only real flaw in it.

I think T2 is just too much of a small, core fanbase to sell big. The Legendary Scale busts both sold out after shipping if I recall, and the mini bust line came and went with 3 regulars and 1 Con exclusive. I think the 1/6 line suffered from the size of the fanbase in combination with the character choices. I know fans like myself want all the key players so Sarah was welcomed, but I'm sure many just want versions of the Terminators themselves and possibly young John. I hope to at least get a young John before it dies, but time will tell, not good odds though.

I don't think it's that the Terminator fanbase is too small. I think the products just weren't up to par in the 1/6 arena. The Big Boy body for Arnie just wasn't bulky enough, which made the figure look more lanky and awkward. The T-1000...I don't know. It looked fine to me. As for Sarah, the exposed joints were a major turn-off in terms of how it looked.

Personally, I am happy with my T2 figures. Yes, I think they would have sold better if they had some better ascceories, but I still think they are good.
Sure the Arnold would have sold better if he had a grenade launcher, gattling gun, and alternate battle damaged head and hand. Sure the T1000 would have sold better if he had a few extra hands with different blades, and maybe and alternate exploding head. Sure the Sarah Connor would have sold better if she had an alternate head with her hair down.
Wait a second, you know what, I think Sideshow did kind of blow it on the T2's.
Still, in the end they do look cool together, especially with my HT Endo. But no matter what, my collection will never be complete without old and young John, Kyle Reese, and T1 Arnold. Here's hoping Sideshow pulls it together and give the fans what they want. Well, at least I hope thats what they want.

I agree that the sculpt on Arnie is actually quite good, but when you see the entire figure it just looks kind of cheap. Nowhere near as imposing as the character. The only one I've seen to capture that was Darrens... and I think the resculpted head was one of the only surviving parts.

Without seeing say an HT body used for the figure, it's hard to say whether or not any base body wouldn fill out like Arnie, but for sure you'll never get custom results out of a recycled body; the big boy is used for other figures, so it won't be Arnie specific. It'd be great if every figure had a custom body to keep scale and add to the realism of each figure, but that'll never happen without adding a great cost to us.

Yeah, it's safe to say that the line is at least dormant. A pity. A young John Conner would have been nice. I'd buy him just for that great Public Enemy t-shirt he wore through out the movie! Now that SSC has the smaller bodies, they better use 'em!

While we're on the topic of different versions of T2 figs, does anyone know where I can find the gatling gun/mini gun, whatever it is called, a bandoiler, and a grey tshirt. I searched a whole bunch of different websites and ebay and all i mangaged to find was the grenade launcher. For now my arnold is wearing Spike gloves and is using the gun that came with the HT Endo.

Btw, Sideshow has the exclusive T-1000 again, for those that missed it.

Last edited:
Without seeing say an HT body used for the figure, it's hard to say whether or not any base body wouldn fill out like Arnie, but for sure you'll never get custom results out of a recycled body; the big boy is used for other figures, so it won't be Arnie specific. It'd be great if every figure had a custom body to keep scale and add to the realism of each figure, but that'll never happen without adding a great cost to us.

i replaced the big boy bod w/ an HT body and it made a WORLD of difference IMO. Arnie now looks much more natural. gave Sarah a BBI Police woman Sommers body which has the no-joint bendy type arms. looks much better.

Back