Barad-Dur...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lookin4Precious

Sooooo, after much bitching and stating I never would, I have decided (thanks to Mr. Fell Beast!!) to go ahead an order one from Danbury Mint, as I am told they are still available. However, I have not been able to find it on the DM site.... can anyone offer advice or post a link? Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if it's ever been on the site. I had to call and order mine when they came up.

Do you still have the number Josh or know where I can get it?.... I'm sure i can look it up on the DM site... but in the mean time.. if you have it handy?

Just cracks me up that people are still on the fence on this. If this looked exactly the same but was made by SSW it would have sold and and people would love it.

Come on people bite the bullet and do it!

:bliss :eye :bliss

Well Fub.. at that time this was announced... i was still holding onto the hope (a fools hope I know) that SS WOULD produce a Barad-Dur environment. By the time it became clear that they wouldn't be people had already recieved their DM Barad-Dur's and from the pictures this thing looked AWFUL! It looks like it is primarily composed of purple/orange/blue paint.. etc etc. So i wan't going to get it. BUT, all i've heard from people who have it is how amazing it is in person. And talking to Mr. FB the other night, he sold me on it. I still hate the name plate... but its cool.

May have been already covered but does anyone have
actual PICs, any with Orthanc, and what are the
overall dimensions of the base and the height?

Never mind ..found a previous thread with info.
Was expecting this to be a little darker in color
versus the earth tones.

Isn't RickDTM working on a repaint of this for someone? I'd love to see that.

The only things keeping me from buying this are the tacky face plate and the rainbow colors.

>

The only things keeping me from buying this are the tacky face plate and the rainbow colors.

Please trust me on this one, DO NOT LET THIS PUSH YOU AWAY!!! The colors are brought out by a factor of at least 10 by either the film and or the flash. The Disney color palette is not bad at all! I was not getting it because of the plastic eye and the nameplate, BUT my wife bought me one for fathers day and to say I was pleased would be an understatement! Regardless the reason people are holding off on this, the SCULPT is there and will rival ANYTHING Weta has done! Plenty of details are there like all of the little spikes, the rock in which it was built is cool and the lava colors look so real and is painted so well, the nameplate is just not noticed, IMO! Like was said, if the box had SSW on the outside most here would be clamoring for this one…………..
L4P, please let me know your thoughts when you get it in……………

Nope, I just remember you calling this item a piece of @#%$

Nope NEVER said that about this one, just did not care for the nameplate and that crappy eye...........ANd your point is..........:dunno now the PJ statue is a piece of SH**!!!! ;)

Re: .

I got my netter from Danbury Mint UK saying my is on order and it will be ready in a few months.

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

I think it was just under a month ago. The letter says it will be with me about mid-October.

PC :balrog

When I've finished paying for my Folio Society Hobbit and Sil limited editions, I'll do somefing about buying this (maybe) :lol :lol :lol :lol

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Back