Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Interesting. So does that mean we won't see Supes on the big screen for a couple more years?:monkey2

NICE! :rock

But will he finally fight an actual Super Villain this time?

:D That's a joke from the, 'I'm a Marvel, I'm a DC' YouTube vids. :lol

Good news. I just hope it doesn't take forever to find writers.

If they're going the "do-over" route, I wish they drop the entire movie mythos completely and start mining the comics for material.

Wouldn't it make sense to adapt the greatest selling comic books series of all time? Doomsday/Funeral/Supermen/Return could easily produce them 2-3 very profitable movies. If they go this route (which they won't) I just hope that the Superman in the hospital part of Returns doesn't dilute the dramatic impact of his death.

Yes, I know it's been done as a 80 minute cartoon. What I'm looking for is the 3 movie epic that this story deserves.

Ah, another 8 years of development hell. Like how the article has it both ways, saying that industry chatter has it they want a reboot with WB saying it's a sequel to the Singer film. Nothing about Singer definitely directing though.

Personally I'd like a reboot, but I don't want to wait another 8 years. They tried developing Death of... and weren't able to do it.

Sounds good but i thought they were already working on the next movie. Didnt they say not too long ago, that they were looking for a 2009 release?

God, not again!
Just settle and make one already! I am tired of the development on this property. I thought we could go anywhere next go round. Enough establishment.
I guess not. Restart yet again. And again. ...:monkey4

(Just no more Lex Luthor!)

lol.... thats right!!! i absolutely hated superman returns and now this is happening. "Reasons mentioned were the introduction of Superman's son with Lois Lane" LOL im glad im not the only person who thought that was the most retarded thing ever. didn't anyone ever watch mallrats???

I personally would love to see Superman: Birthright done as a movie... You see Clark in Africa in his pre-superman do-goer days, you see Lex as a Millionaire, Clark is just a strong-quite type, but has Journalistic chops, Jonathan is alive... You see krypton, you see Superman struggling with his duel identities and a massive and epic battle at the end with the fake Kryptonians lex deploys to ruin Superman reputation!

I'd love to see the death and the return of Superman, it'd have to be a 2 parter I think... People (the General Public) would hate the 2nd movie if it was 3 parts due to the lack of the title character...

This is the first fallout from the Justice League movie, then? I would think a reboot would be the last resort. I think a sequel that marginalized Returns is more what the studio brass is looking for -- and would please the most people in the long run.

Okay, now I'm on board with an idea I think I read Pjam throw out in a different thread awhile ago. Let Donner do the next one.

I think they can continue with Superman Returns storyline....

Just off the kid or something. Make Lex Luthor more like he is in the comics than an evil real estate agent and of course....UP the action with a super-villain capable of standing toe-to-toe with Supes....like Braniac or someone.

Let's clear some of this up. Singer is still attached to the film, the reps from WB are still stating its set for 2009, the writers have gone elsewhere but Brandon Routh is still attached and has actually signed a three picture deal similar to Bale's that had a "crossover clause" that will most likely never be used. That is what I could gather from various sites, people are obviously excited about this possibly new move for the Man of Steel. Here is the latest:

Mark Millar to Pitch Superman Sequel
Source: Mark Millar October 22, 2007

With the news that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris are not returning to write the Superman Returns sequel, Mark Millar wants to pitch Warner Bros. his vision of the franchise. He says on his official boards:

It's 8.58am right now, my guys at CAA get into the office in about seven hours and my call will be waiting for them to talk about this. I want to revamp Superman like Hillary wants thin ankles. Revamping this franchise is what I as given fingers for and so, invited or not, I'm putting my plan together now. I've been asked to work on half a dozen screenplays lately, but this is the only one I have ever truly wanted.

As most here know, I have literally hundreds of pages of notes and sketches just waiting for this opportunity. This would be my dream gig and, as a fan, I know exactly what this project needs to work. This has to be Superman for the 21st Century, keeping everything we adore, but starting from scratch and making the kids love it as much as the 30-somethings. I would honestly write this thing for free.

Anyway, my treatment is being polished as we type. Wish me luck. I want to do that Superman movie we all want to see.

For those who do not know Mark Millar wanted to show tons of Krypton and even had a loose script written for the hell of it at the time Superman Returns was in production. He also claimed to know for sure that Jim Cavizel was going to be cast. His story though had merit using Brainiac a lot to show visions of old including Jor-El and Lara even including sequences of destruction around Krypton. He said that with modern technology that they should have definitely gone this route.

I'm interested to see if WB will allow him to do it. For those who don't know Millar wrote the Marvel crossover Civil War and wrote Superman: Red Son, an Elseworlds tale involving a what if Superman landed in Communist Russia instead of Kansas.

That Millar dude sounds like Kevin Smith... :lol

They're all coming out of the woodwork now.

Gdb, I actually mentioned this should be written by an A-lister like Steve Zaillian, and wouldn't it be great if Donner directed it.

Lol, the only difference is that Kevin Smith wanted to turn it into a Alien vs. Alien flick with Jay and Silent Bob interning at the Daily Planet. I actually would trust Millar to write a Superman film but he would definitely undertone it with something, usually a political message but at least he believes in keeping Supes in his standard suit and Lex as a human.

It's not likely anyone who publicly campaigns for the gig would be chosen to write it by the Studio. I know how WB works, having worked for them, and they don't like to work that way.

Probably right although Millar is usually just happy to get his name floating around.....I think it'd be a great idea though to get a Comic writer to reform something they've done into a great film. Mark Waid's Birthright would be an excellent segway into a new Superman mythos still keeping intact the fans of Superman and the fans of Smallville. Routh could definitely pull of this role although a lot of what makes it great will be cut because another Superman film can't be done without a major villain and a lot of action.

That Millar dude sounds like Kevin Smith... :lol

They're all coming out of the woodwork now.

Gdb, I actually mentioned this should be written by an A-lister like Steve Zaillian, and wouldn't it be great if Donner directed it.

Ah, that was it! But with Singer's pet writers off the film and the way he's proven to be so Lackadaisy toward the sequel I don't know if he's long for the project.

Ah, that was it! But with Singer's pet writers off the film and the way he's proven to be so Lackadaisy toward the sequel I don't know if he's long for the project.

Hope not, rape me once, shame on you...

and WB knows they got raped.

Back