Hi.. I am a new member ..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GTB

Hi all, I am a LOTR SSW collector from overseas, I am glad that I got to have found this site. Hoepfully I am able to find channels to share information and possibly complete my collection.... as I have only left with 7 pieces to finish...

As I am sure if listing what I am missing is any violation of rules, I shall not post it here...

btw, gtb = Gandalf the Grey Bronze - something which is beyond my reach, and I believe it is for most people too. So far I have not seen it on ebay or any toy retalier website. The only place which I believe will have a piece is Weta Workshop itself, my wish is that one day I am able see the real thing. As far as I know, there are 4 AP of this piece.. can't imagine why price it will be 30K GBP or what...?? :thud

:wilkommen GTB!

Feel free to post what you're looking for as a discussion thread, but we also have "Want to Buy/Trade" forum just for that purpose.

I've seen Gandalf the Bronze at the San Diego Comic Con last year and it is an impressive piece. Whether it's worth the money or not I guess is up to the buyer.

Welcome! Which 7 do you need? (Nothing in violation of rules to post that). :lol

No mean feat to have reached the point where there's only 7 pieces to keep you from fully completing the whole lotr ssw collection.

Where are you from by the way?

Welcomme to the Board:wave

You can definately post what you have and are looking for, as mentioned also check out the for sale/trade sections too, you might what your'e looking for.

I'm sure someone here has GTB, I vaguely remember a thread about when they got it how heavy it was, am I wrong ?.
I 'm sure someone here will remember.:gandalf

Anyway, welcome to our home of Polyholics. :toast

shell
x
:toast :gimli

Welcome GTB, Someone on the board had a Gandalf Bronze, they posted some great pics of it. I can't think who it was though.

Okie... I am looking for these pieces... probably beyond my reach at this point in time...

1. Moria Orc Archer figure
2. Moria Orc Swordsman figure
3. Uruk-Hai Swordsman figure
4. Aragorn, son of Arathorn figure
5. Orthanc environment
6. Cave Troll statue
7. Witchking of Angmar in True Form

and of course the GTB statue... :fart

But I would be happy to receive pm for anyone who are willing to part of these pieces at a price which I can afford, probably by early next year, when the whole LOTR would have DELIVERED by then...:mwaha

Just a few cheap ones left to get then. At least you presumably have a Balrog then.

9.gif

Enjoy your stay:banana

Congratulations and welcome to a wonderful, friendly community of fellow collectors. Where are you from overseas? I am a Kiwi, a New Zealander:) . Right now I am currently in the UK, however.

Goodness, Mr. JLCSMU...I hadn't noticed your post count until now. You must be one of the most profilic members here!

And I do mean that in a good way.

LR

Goodness, Mr. JLCSMU...I hadn't noticed your post count until now. You must be one of the most profilic members here!

I enjoy many of the members here and its a good time with so many good people. Hence the high post count :banana

LOL!!!!

:lol :puke :x :rolleyes

Not at all, it is called post padding at the VERY BEST!!! :doh

WELCOME, as it is always good to see new members!!! :bow

Re: RE:

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!!!!! :wave

Sounds like you have a great collection (with only 7 missing).

For some reason I have been obsessed recently with the GTB statue. It just looks awesome. One day I'd like to get it when the funds permit me to (probably a decade from now :lol ).

I remember seeing a GTB once on ebay back when it was still available from the SS website. I don't recall what it went for. According to the catalog there are 4 APs but I'm not sure where those went to. I've read that Ian McKellen has one so maybe he has one of the APs. :dunno

Concerning gtb... (not referring to myself..)

yes indeed there is 4 APs, my local distributor (in Singapore) was told when she went to US for the toy fair by the SSW guys that Ian Mckellan was indeed offered to purchase one of the gtb, and indeed she is refeering to serial no. 1!! Imagine that... PRICELESS!!

Strange though, according to SSW website the original price is more expensive for larger number than smaller number..

I know of no website of any toy retailier who is selling this, less talk about the APs!!;)

P.S. Thanks for all the welcome.. :rock :rock

Back