Bronze Yoda and Dooku- WTF???????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansilv

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I have been buying sideshow stuff for years, I eagerly awaiting my newsletter every Thursday, but it usually gets to me Friday. So most nights I am up waiting for the thing to be released. And then- BAM! 100 pcs for newsletter subscribers available right then and there. Needless to say I missed it. I am pretty miffed about this- sideshow has never done this, and I think they should have given some sort of warning. Anyone agree?

You just have to wait for the newsletter. They don't give warnings as Im told.

I have been buying sideshow stuff for years, I eagerly awaiting my newsletter every Thursday, but it usually gets to me Friday. So most nights I am up waiting for the thing to be released. And then- BAM! 100 pcs for newsletter subscribers available right then and there. Needless to say I missed it. I am pretty miffed about this- sideshow has never done this, and I think they should have given some sort of warning. Anyone agree?

There is always e-bay! :D:monkey3

Ebay- good point. I think there will be some flippers out there. :)

Yes, they have done this several times actually... also, don't wait for your newsletter to arrive in your email, go to the site and login and wait for it to arrive there. It is posted on the web site so everyone has a fair shot because they can all get it at the exact same time.

I don't get why people keep complaining about not getting the newsletter. All you have to do is log in on Thursday nights to check the newsletter before you even get the e-mail notifications.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Like everyone says, you snooze, you loose.

The bronze statue didn't appeal to me, so I passed on it.

Yes, they have done this several times actually... also, don't wait for your newsletter to arrive in your email, go to the site and login and wait for it to arrive there. It is posted on the web site so everyone has a fair shot because they can all get it at the exact same time.

Yes. That was some time around 3:40 AM for me. :monkey2 But what the heck, I don't have to make a living, I'm dead anyways!

...Like everyone says, you snooze, you loose.

The bronze statue didn't appeal to me, so I passed on it.

Ohhh!!! it would be so cool to see the this the other way around for... let say... just one year! Newsletter goes up when you US guys sleep. I bet SSC will be out of business in a heart beat!

But I agree, bronze statue, not my cup of tea. I like the idea though. Well done Sideshow!

Ohhh!!! it would be so cool to see the this the other way around for... let say... just one year! Newsletter goes up when you US guys sleep. I bet SSC will be out of business in a heart beat!

They would, which is why they do it to you, not us.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I think it is a very cool idea and like others have said you snooze you loose. I just sucked it up this morning and put myself on the wait list. I just hope this is not a trend for all the SW dioramas because I really do not feel like buying 2 of each statue but if I could I would.:D

Ebay- good point. I think there will be some flippers out there. :)

I'm sure there will be too :monkey3

And you are aware that they post the newsletter every Thursday night on the website right? You don't have to wait until Friday to receive it via email :lol

I don't remember the newsletter last week saying that the Yoda vs. Dooku dio would go up for pre-order this week, did I miss it? I think that would be my only complaint since they usually say a week ahead when a new item will be pre-ordered. Had that happened I probably wouldn't have missed it since I would have been waiting to see if there was a really rare exclusive like this. But really even though I am disappointed I missed out, it doesn't bother me much, its not like Sideshow has an obligation to let us know when something is coming up. And I certainly prefer them doing it this way as opposed to announcing beforehand that a 100 pc exclusive is coming out, because then I would have likely missed it because all the flippers would be clamoring for it and not just those of us who religiously wait for the newsletter every week. So that's my 28 cents on it.

I feel for those of you who are in another country and miss the newsletter because it comes in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning.

I'm sure its going to happen to something I am interested in sooner or later.
:monkey2

I don't have a computer at home so in general I only get news between 7-4 MTN which is usually too late for these surprise preorders.

Back