Look How Far We've Come

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've brought this up before, but man it is just stunning to look back on the quality of 1/6 Star Wars products we're getting ever since Sideshow took over the line. Monk's recent post inspired me to revisit my Class Photo idea, and it's come along and filled in quite nicely since the last time I did it, and the figures on the horizon are just a continuation of spectacular product. Say what you will about choices in characters / representations that Sideshow has made, but I am completely impressed and blown away by the quality with which they've made what has been done thus far, and look forward to that quality in all future releases.

SSCSW.jpg

I gotta say looking at that pic Kit Fisto is probably still my favorite 1/6 Star Wars fig released by Sideshow.

Hear hear (or is it here here?) I'll drink to that (mostly because I visited Monk's thread first and I need to drink to forget).

that is a very awesome pic !!! good idea...........a lil better w/o a naked monk:lol

Thanks, there are so many pieces, I forgot the probe droids the first time I shot it, I was about to upload then DOH! I only wish Old Ben, Bespin Luke, ANH Leia, Palpatine and Sidious could be present. Course when they arrive, I'll have to find yet another place to set all of these up. I just love this line, there have been some issues along the way, but overall a great deal of success and when you spend so long with this as you're only option for figures in this scale:

sw04acobi-wanfront.jpg

It's like a dream come true when you get something like this:

2114_press08-001.jpg

maulfan.........have you thought about photo shopping them in.......i know it wouldnt quite be the same but you gots the skills to pull that off.

That is a great picture. The quality of what we're getting has really refuled my collecting. I was bummed when the LOTR line looked to be ending and now with the great SW and LOTR items coming from SS. I'm quite excited to be in the game still.

maulfan.........have you thought about photo shopping them in.......i know it wouldnt quite be the same but you gots the skills to pull that off.

Well, I think they'd stand out too much with the different lighting setups, they'd look out of place.

Looking at your picture, Obi Wan and Jabba are in a totally different league than the rest of the figures. Yavin Luke is too,but in a different way if you know what I mean.;)

Looking at your picture, Obi Wan and Jabba are in a totally different league than the rest of the figures. Yavin Luke is too,but in a different way if you know what I mean.;)

Ya, Obi-Wan and Jabba were my most anticipate figures announced in 2006, and thankfully SSC delivered wonderfully with them both. I'll agree that the hair and bear color aren't totally accurrate, but the figure itself is just fantastic and it embodies everything that was Obi-Wan Kenobi perfectly, especialy Andy's sculpt, and Jabba is just a perfect representation of the ROTJ design. Now I have Old Ben and Darth Sidious to look forward to most in 2007, but I look forward to everything and I think that's a sign of the quality of this line, that every piece carries an excitement with it.

that group shot just makes me wish that sideshow had the license back in the day even more:monkey2

Wow! What a great shot! Maul this is your best one yet. It is always funny to me to see all this stuff together. It reminds me how much I have spent on toys. :eek:

Wow! What a great shot! Maul this is your best one yet. It is always funny to me to see all this stuff together. It reminds me how much I have spent on toys. :eek:

Thankfully, I only did Star Wars and only 1/6, if I did all my 1/6 it'd be a heftier bunch, and that would just be pieces I've bought since the start of 2006. It's fun to round them up though, I had Maul in one display, Jabba and the gang in another, the rest stored away, so you tend to lose sight of what you've got, but doing this, you get a nice sense of things.

I agree that it would have been nice if Hasbro had passed things along much sooner. I bought Hasbro 12 inchers sparsely up until the end. I think that's another sign of the success Sideshow is having; I was very choice in what figures I bought from Hasbro due to some poor quality in a number of cases, but every SSC figures has impressed me with it's quality.

I've brought this up before, but man it is just stunning to look back on the quality of 1/6 Star Wars products we're getting ever since Sideshow took over the line. Monk's recent post inspired me to revisit my Class Photo idea, and it's come along and filled in quite nicely since the last time I did it, and the figures on the horizon are just a continuation of spectacular product. Say what you will about choices in characters / representations that Sideshow has made, but I am completely impressed and blown away by the quality with which they've made what has been done thus far, and look forward to that quality in all future releases.

SSCSW.jpg

NOT A SW FAN,BUT THIS PIC IS BEAUTIFUL...AND TO SAY SOME SW FANS KEEP FINDING FAULTS IN THIS LINE...:rolleyes:

NOT A SW FAN,BUT THIS PIC IS BEAUTIFUL...AND TO SAY SOME SW FANS KEEP FINDING FAULTS IN THIS LINE...:rolleyes:

Holy.. coming from Shai, this needs to be archived. Seriously, I can't wait to see the other figures added to this photo. Truly beautiful, from one Sean to another. :rotfl

Back