My New Display............ (progress)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

aurea23

Well some already know but i have nearly completed the collection...

I have 2 helms, 14 medallions , 3 lithos and bout 7 busts left to obtain.... (not including Gandalf the bronze will never own this )

So i have started what i should have started a long time ago

A home for all this stuff..

So Here is starting pic

Start.jpg

Here is the current stage
Current.jpg

I will post final pics once its full stained glass shelves, sliding doors , locks etc are all in .... Oh and of course downlights

For those who want to know it is 2.7 meters x 2.7 meters x .62 meters wide

Thanks
Michael

**mod note: pics were edited to reduce size **

Michael, I anxiously await final pics. I've still never seen pics of an entire collection on display at once. Looking good so far!

It is going to look superb. It could be the eighth wonder of the world!

why don't you try to own gtb??

Just a guess but the fact that it costs a lot and is nearly impossible to find now probably has something to do with it. Not to mention the shipping costs to Australia where aurea23 is located should he find one...

Looks like your going to have a nice setup. Do you know how much weight your shelves can hold?

That is going to look FANTASTIC !:bow :bow :drool

I have to say, that is the first time I have seen a Cavey displayed and it actually look small :eek

Please keep posting the pics, I would love to see the finished product and all your Collection displayed.

shell
x
:toast :gimli

Will it all fit in there?

Also, is it the back of a cinema room or a corridor?

Very nice. I would like to see final pics myself. This has been my biggest problem. Getting a shelf unit designed. Instead of 10 bookcases which doesn't look all that nice. I wanted to get the same type of custom display stands Sideshow made for their shows, but that was all custom.

I should take up woodworking in my spare time. LOL. Unless you do it yourself, it costs a small fortune and you want to make sure the shelves support the weight and do not bend or break over time.

Good luck. Looks great so far.

Mike
:ted

Do you know how much weight your shelves can hold?

The glass shelves will how 55 kg per 30 cms (according to the brackets) . Glass shelves will be 8mm thick..

The middle and bottom shelves which are wood comfortably hold me and my nephew last night while installing the roof.

Im about 100 kg...

The larger pieces will be on the wood. SAuron will be right in the middle of the whole display.....

Getting a shelf unit designed. Instead of 10 bookcases which doesn't look all that nice

I looked everywhere before i embarked on this journey... There was absolutely no "off the shelf" displays worthy, strong or large enough to support the collection.....
I could have had someone build it for me but felt i would not get what i wanted and would cost me more....

And yes Gandalf the Bronze is not on the list because getting it to Australia, plus taxes etc (and finding one) is not worth it....

I could do a lot of things with 12,000 - 20.000 which is what GTB would cost.....

Thanks all for your comments
Michael

Well, I thought this is about completing the collection... I am left with 7 pieces myself, but all in boxes.. hehehe:sleep

No luxury of either space, time and money to built something like yours...

When I first learnt about APs, I am even ambitious enough to think that i want every piece of mine to be AP. :skull crazy!!

Anyway, I hope one day I will get gtb...just one fine day...

Aurea23,

I live in NZ. I'm going to fly to Australia and steal your entire collection, my boy ;)

LR

Last of nine..... you can try.....

But i am married into samoan Family..... If you know what i mean,...... :thwak

:bliss :yay :lol :lol :lol :dance

Michael

looking forward to seeing updated pics as you progress.

i've always had this mentality that a custom built display is only worthly of the costly ssw collection. market shelves just won't do. like points mentioned earlier, they are either too small or just not safe to take all the weight.

it's like you have spent so much on the collection already, why get a cheap display? just doesnt do it any justice. what i tell my fellow collectors when they are thinking about getting display cabinets is: provided you have the $, you should be getting a display to suit your collection and not the other way round.

the only possible way for that is to have custom made displays. or else you are going to be like trying to fit your pieces like a jigsaw into those market ones as some items may be too big/heavy/tall for some shelves etc...

Damn!! Thats no small display you've got there! It just about dwarfs the Cave Troll! Looks like a good setup!

Back