My Custom Indiana Jones figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my custom Indiana Jones figure.

I did this one some years ago but have been tweaking it from time to time. I still want to replace the shoes with those amazing ones from New Line Miniatures and would like to replace the shirt, which is a tad too dark and has some markings on the collars.

I'm really happy with the face paint, though it could use some additional work on the eyes. I'll tackle that one at a later date.

Critiques and suggestions highly welcomed!

Awesome likeness. The best Harrison I have seen. My only critique is the pants seem to be cut too far below the crotch. Other than that, awesome!!!

Awesome likeness. The best Harrison I have seen. My only critique is the pants seem to be cut too far below the crotch. Other than that, awesome!!!

Have to agree with Pixletwin awesome fig! Bad crotch! Easy fix though. I am officially jealous over this one. I would love to have it in my collection! :D

Great looking Indy u have there. The jacket looks good to me. But the hands seems to be a bit off. Maybe the paint?

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Yep, the pants crotch area appears too long. I never noticed that until you pointed it out, Pix. It appears that there's too long of a distance between the end of the zipper and the split of the legs. Will definitely try to fix that.

DarthCipan, he's actually wearing gloves. If you remember the scene where he's fighting the German aircraft mechanic, those are the gloves that I tried to emulate here.

By the way, the headsculpt and hat are from Frontline, sculpted by Jim "Edylhands" Maddox. He does amazing work.

https://h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

Great custom! I really like the addition of the gloves. I almost did that myself too, back when I made my own. The jacket is pretty much the same, even with those chest zipper pockets not being accurate.

If you ever want an easy fix though, you can just track down some relic hunter parts somewhere and fix that jacket and shirt problem. The Relic Hunter may have been a rough looking figure but the shirt was nicely done. And the jacket was at least CLOSE to being the film jacket.

Great work though bro, looks like you have been doing this for years. :rock

Great custom! I really like the addition of the gloves. I almost did that myself too, back when I made my own. The jacket is pretty much the same, even with those chest zipper pockets not being accurate.

If you ever want an easy fix though, you can just track down some relic hunter parts somewhere and fix that jacket and shirt problem. The Relic Hunter may have been a rough looking figure but the shirt was nicely done. And the jacket was at least CLOSE to being the film jacket.

Great work though bro, looks like you have been doing this for years. :rock

Thanks!!

I've spotted some of the relic hunter items on ebay but they are going for mucho dinero. I'm not sure if it's worth it or simply just wait for the inevitable SS release.

Looks great, and nice to know that there really will be a SS release for all us untalented masses.

I want to play, here are my Indy bashes. Still working on the gloves. Need paint.

Picture004.jpg

Thanks. The coat hanger was made from the Captain Action Kato set. Came with a 3 stick weapon connected with chains. I just cut the end down and added the end pieces.

Sorry to go off thread topic... but gotta ask...

toylion - where did you get the "Silver" - Lone Ranger's horse?

I've gotta go "off topic" too, and ask toylion where did you get the Lone Ranger and Silver his horse too? I used to have the old Gabriel Lone Ranger and Silver set back when I was a kid. Did you custom make your Lone Ranger? If you did, what parts did you use, and headsculpt? How did you make his mask, or is it just painted on? Please let me know. I've always wanted to get a 12" or 1:6 scale Lone Ranger again...and yours look incredible to me! :D

By the way, your custom Indy looks great! I'd advise "dirtying" up his gloves some. I love your custom Toht too! Great work!

Last edited:
Thank guys. The Lone Ranger is a Joseph Colton G.I. Joe with a Captain Action Outfit. The Gun rig is a custom Hondo from OSW made for me. The pistol are Dog Soilders. The boots hasbro Destro/Star War. (Thinking about replacing them with DID) The Mask was cut out from the Captain Action face mask. Hat and neckerchief came with CA outfit. The Horse and saddle were made by Jean Ross (jeaway2 on ebay). Here is a photo of Unaltered Captain Action Lone Ranger and Tonto on Johnny West Horses.

LoneRanger.jpg

Back