Rock Band or Guitar Hero???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one will be better???

• Rock Band

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Guitar Hero 3

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me it depends on if you're into the multiplayer or not. If it's just you playing or playing online then I'd go for guitar hero. If you think you're gonna play with friends go for rock band, I can't wait to get a few friends over and rock out together. And I like the ability to try out more than one instrument if I get bored with the just the guitar (although that hasn't happened yet with guitar hero I or II).

here's a question... if i buy guitar hero 3 will the controller work with rock band or do i have to buy the controller for that game as well??? i really want the stratocaster that is coming with rock band, but since the wireless one isn't coming out until february there's no point in me buying the package if i can just use the one that comes with guitar hero 3. i just don't want to have a living room full of instruments when i can just buy the games and have 2 guitars.

I am getting GHIII because:

-Guitar Hero is the poo

I am not getting Rock Band for the following reasons:

-I play drums and have my own kit, no need to bang on plastic ones
-I don't feel like singing.....especially to a TV
-EA sucks
-Don't have the room for all that extra gear anyways

Where is the both option? GH2 was awesome, and I think 3 will be even better. I'll be buying GH3 as the game only. I've already got the X-plorer. I plan on asking for Rock Band for Christmas. I want the whole shebang! Drums, another guitar, and if they are compatable like expected I'll be all set for the full experience. It will give me time to work on GH3 before I tackle drums in RB too. So I guess in the poll I'll answer GH3 cause that's what I'll be buying first, but I plan on having both by January!:D

Where is the both option? GH2 was awesome, and I think 3 will be even better. I'll be buying GH3 as the game only. I've already got the X-plorer. I plan on asking for Rock Band for Christmas. I want the whole shebang! Drums, another guitar, and if they are compatable like expected I'll be all set for the full experience. It will give me time to work on GH3 before I tackle drums in RB too. So I guess in the poll I'll answer GH3 cause that's what I'll be buying first, but I plan on having both by January!:D
sorry i meant this as a poll to help me decide which one i should buy. i dont want both, but i might end up getting one and then picking up the other later down the road. i think right now im gonna go with guitar hero.

I much as I love GH I and II, I decided to go the RB route this time for the diversity of instruments and the ability to get more involved in a group session.

Wow ok, I just watched two trailers for Rock Band and while I appreciate what they are trying to do that game still looks whack. They are trying to mesh all of these instruments together but it's just not going to work. Furthermore, that "drum kit" they are trying to sell is a piece of junk. You have one pedal no cymbols and all your drums (only 4) are in an almost straight line. There is no way anyone could even feel like they are drumming realistically with that. Rock Band is just a game trying to cash in on the success of it's predecessor- Guitar Hero.

Just got back from Wal-Mart played the RB setup while i waited to get one from the back. The guy comes back 15-20 minutes later while i am playing in the garden section?WTH and says here ya go.

I look at the box and it is totally crushed and a hole in the side of the box?. I said do you have anymore that are not damaged and he said nope?. Shipping must have banged a forklift or something into the RB pallet all boxes had some kind of damage?? this sucks :monkey4. I said bye :rolleyes: :monkey2 :emperor

I'd go to a different store, but hey at least it wasn't opened. Or missing the game, some people getting Guitar Hero 3 opened it up and they didn't have the game in it, just the guitar.

I'd go to a different store, but hey at least it wasn't opened. Or missing the game, some people getting Guitar Hero 3 opened it up and they didn't have the game in it, just the guitar.

And I'm sure the folks at Wal-Mart were very understanding about that, right?

:D

If that had happened to me and they had given me any trouble I would have blown a fuse right there at the customer service counter.

And I'm sure the folks at Wal-Mart were very understanding about that, right?

:D

If that had happened to me and they had given me any trouble I would have blown a fuse right there at the customer service counter.

I think they were having a lot of problems with it at Gamestop. Heh, I should go up there and buy one and then steal the game and return it saying that it didn't come with the game. I've been playing the demo with the Xbox controller and I kinda like how I can just hit the buttons to make the notes so I'm not sure if I really want to play with a guitar.

If you can get used to the controller, it actually saves you the trouble of handling both the fingering and the strumming, so you only have to think about one thing at a time.

However, activating star power and using the whammy bar is much easier on the guitar. (And you just look cooler.)

I picked up Rock Band today, and knowing I won't get home from work until well after midnight kinda sucks. I planned on getting Rock Band (and an additional Guitar controller) and then just getting the Guitar Hero III game disc for 360. I have had so many people play Guitar Hero I and II that never play videogames, and I can't wait to see their reaction to Rock Band. The multiplayer stuff seems to be great. The downloadable content for Rock Band seems pretty appealing too.

I've read some sites that suggest the controllers aren't entirely compatible though, so I am waiting to buy GHIII until I hear that the controllers for Rock Band work with GHIII. Either way, both games are a ton of fun.

Back