long time lurkin' noob

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
hello all, as title states i am a newbie but been a bit of a lurker for a while. i've tried to register a few times but must have gotten lost in translation along the way. anyhoo......im 41, married to my 2nd future ex wife :lol 2 kids (grown & gone......YES !!!!), work for a defense contractor in florida, ride a harley, love to do woodworking and general carpentry. ive been collecting toys a long time and collect a little of everything from vintage marx, lego, mattel's big jim but mainly star wars stuff. i have a lot of original vintage toys i had as a kid and got back into the star wars toys in 1995 with the new stuff. while the hasbro stuff is the main part of my collection i have branched out into sideshow, mr, and a few various licensors (sp?). i customize a lil' bit but not near to the extent to some of the guys on this board and fall way short in the talent department compared to some of the amazing pieces of work ive seen here. i am new to this whole "board environment" and not too savy as far as posting digital signatures or avatars but i do like the overall content of this board for information on my collectible habit/addiction. anyway thats a little about me and look forward to finally being a member.

:lurking.................:welcome.........................:lightsabe

Welcome...

Please post some of your custom swag in the gallery.

:D

thanks everyone..........and pix, i've lurked long enough to know i will expect that at some point but hopefully not repeatedly:lol

Just stay clear of any threads that devolve into Sidehshow vs. Medicom arguments and you'll do fine (in short, avoid the Star Wars threads all together). :lol:monkey3:lol

Welcome! When I was a kid I had Big Jim and a few of the vehicles. I really wish I still had them.

oh no pix.............no medi vs ss argument here, my pop always told me "dont start no sh** & there wont be any"............:rotfl. i like both but will not get caught in a driveby crossfire he said she said bullfest. and batty yea, i was way into big jim but had threw or gave away a lot of that stuff many years ago. i dont know what got me back into collecting that line but evilbay has let me recapture a little of my childhood. a few years of patience and watches and i've amassed almost everything i had as a kid for probably less than a hundred bucks.

G'day from Down Under mate.

I hope that you enjoy your time here. I am fairly new here as well, also been a long time lurker.:lurking

Don't be afraid to start puting up pictures of your collection and offer your opinions on a broad range of subjects, you will find many friendly and helpful people here.

Glad to hear from another motorcyclist. What sort of Harley do you have?

Cheers

hey zedex9r, i have a 2003 fatboy. i had wanted a harley for about 20yrs and i finally got around to buying one (im a bit of a procrastinator):lol. but the way gas prices have been in the past few years its pretty much paying for itself.

Welcome aboard! And don't feel bad about the pics /avatars....I still don't know how to do 'em either, I just enjoy looking at everyone else's! You'll have a good time here, lots of knowledgeable and helpful people. What they're most helpful at is helping to to spend more of your hard earned money on even more stuff to buy! :rotfl

thanks everyone..............yes there is a wealth of info on this board all across the lines from a to z.

Back