Sam & Bill alignment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23goliath

Sam & Bill alignment

After receiving Sam & Bill last week and adding Merry today, I'm getting close to my complete Fellowship display:

:banana
hobbits1.jpg
:banana

However, I have a slight problem: I find no way to align Sam & Bill properly. No matter how hard I try, there is always a gap between Sam's hand and the harness on the Pony:

Sam_gap.jpg

I have checked pictures on some galleries and found none with this problem.
Does anybody have the same problem with their Sam & Bill or any hints?:dunno

I don't have mine out at the moment but don't remember seeing such a gap. And both Sam & Mr.Pony have pegs on them, if I'm correct, so I don't really see any way of changing that unless you are willing to break off one of the pegs and move either one closer. :( Maybe someone else has had this problem? :bonk

That is unfortunate.. I wouldn't even know where to being either... as i don't have this piece (YET) I can't be too much help but maybe is it possible that you have Sam on Bill's peg and vice a versa? I don't even know if that is possible.. but that is the only thing I can think of. Hopefully some others will have more to say later.

However, congrats on both S&B and Merry! I really want both!

I moved mne around from bottem and then the top pushing the hand next to the horses head and it got them together. You need to fiddle around a little.
Great statue.

There will always be a slight gap, but the problem likely lies in getting Bill's head over Sam's shoulder at just the right angle, but they are pretty tricky to get just right.

Yeah, there will always be a slight gap. Has been on mine anyways since I got it last year.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of trouble. You should just save
yourself the frustration and send it to me, so you don't have
the aggrivation of misalignment. It can be hazardous to your health!

Yes, I do have this problem at first too, but it takes lots of effort to align them (the first time I try to fixed it, it took me a day!! after 2 hrs, i took a break and continue tommorrow!!). There is indeed a gap, but mine is not that significant though.

I've had mine since it first came out and checked
... mine does not have that gap.....but to me
yours still does not look that bad....I would not do
anything drastic to fix that.

Hi 23goliath

Congratulations on Sam & Bill...its definatley one of the best statues.

I think when I originally got mine I had similar issues, but resolved them. - I think you may have placed Bill and Sam on the incorrect pegs.

Try switching them around, and I think that should solve the gap your seeing.

All the best.

Problem solved

Problem finally solved, thanks for everybody's help!

It is not possible to place the two of them on the wrong pins, but the pin for the Pony was obviously a little twisted.

After pulling Bill of several times and trying to bend the pin into the right direction it worked out and now it looks perfect to me:

Sam_no_gap.JPG

Life is hard being a perfectionist, you can not imagine how it felt to pull this $1000 pony off of that twisted pin several times, hoping that the leg wouldn't break - but maybe you can... :horror

Well you solved it before I got to post about how the peg for the back leg for bill is probably just a hair off that is was causing it. Congrats on this piece I have to say it is my favorite piece. One of the few I actually kept out of the box.

One of the few I actually kept out of the box.
I still don't understand why a lot of collectors are "collecting boxes" and don't actually display the pieces they love so much... :confused:

I have all my statues on display - except for doubles and the ones I didn't like and plan to sell again.

On mine, Sam's right hand is touching bill the pony slightly. I see in yours it is further away. Not sure why, possibly turn Sam a little on the base ?

goliath said:
I still don't understand why a lot of collectors are "collecting boxes" and don't actually display the pieces they love so much... :confused:

I have all my statues on display - except for doubles and the ones I didn't like and plan to sell again.

I am a "boxer," but only because we are moving and haven't set up the curios yet. :sick

Back