Faramir head sculpt (now with helm!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gabberjawa

far13tn.jpg

Started a couple of days ago as a good practice for improving my skills with likeness. It is 1/6 and I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out. Hair is all temporary stand-in clay, and face is not quite finished. Will add more hours of refinement in but it's getting there!

Sorry, the pic is a bit crap- I hate photographing sculpey. I have big plans for this if I can get a good grasp on casting/molding. It'll save a heap of trouble if I can just cast this and chop up for an armored version instead of having the sculpt another likeness all over.

Re: Faramir head sculpt

Looking good so far Chuck! I can definitely see Faramir in there.

David Wenham sure has a big nose doesn't he? :lol

David Wenham sure has a big nose doesn't he?

Very. There is no such thing as adding too much clay to his nose, which is somewhat of a relief- I will add more yet before all is done. That's not a bad thing though, his nose works well with his face.

O, it's a newborn Faramir.

I like the sculpt so far. Please let us know
when the sculpt is finished.

I think at the end of this year all the board members will have a new hobby. WETA stops and the board members will go work on new sculpts.

After i received the Galadriel statue i will try to make a mirror base.

My WETAholic website

wetaholicbanner.jpg

I definetly see Faramir in the sculpt. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Just thinking about it... :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

Chuck, that sculpt is amazing! excellent likeness. i can't wait to see it completed. :clap :clap :clap :rock

Fantastic job Chuck! Really. You are not even done and that IS Faramir! Can't wait to see the finished product. Better get ready to make multiple molds mate (oh how i love aliteration...).

The sculpt is amazing. I can't wait to see Faramir completed!

I love the fact that you're sharing this with the board -- from near conception to the final product. This allows us all to appreciate the time and effort put into your sculptures.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. I love your Aragorn Tribute sculpt!

For a relative beginner to sculpting you really have a great touch Chuck!

:clap

That is it Chuck you need to learn how to cast. I can't take it anymore.

Wow.... if you can mass produce.. either weta is going to employ you or you wil be getting lots of orders from here...:banana :banana

and hopefully Tolkien entreprise will not get a royalty from you.. heheh:ar :ar

WELL DONE!!!

If you cast any piece it must be Faramir since this is the only chance we'll have to get a bust / statue to represent him. :bow

Still Amazed, You just keep getting better bro! Nice Work!:toast

I really like what you're doing with this sculpt Chuck! You just keep getting better and better! :toast

far25ap.jpg

Coming along... again ignore the hair if you will- just rough mock-up clay there. Eventually what I plan to do is to remove all of the hair- cast it- and from there I can make two versions of Faramir: Ranger and Armored (or even coronation). It will certainly save me hours of sculpting another from the ground up, and give me a good Faramir template to start with.

I've started adding in the stubble and eyebrows. I'm really anxious to try casting the face because the rest will be FUN :carrot

Bob: working on it!

Lee: I'll PM you

Thanks everyone for your encouragement :vik

I didn't think that Faramir was decapitated at Osgiliath? :lol

Can't wait to see this one finished, it looks great. :bow

Back