New record price for Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

23goliath

I thought the time was come for me to finally add "Aragorn in True Form" to my collection, but check this out:

Aragorn on Ebay: $1500

I have to believe this is a new record, is this what we are gonna see in the near future...?

I've noticed similar crazy prices on other items I'm trying to get recently (Boromir for $405, Theoden for $336 etc.). Those were selling way lower a couple of weeks ago.

Are we to expect these crazy prices on anything...?

"Back in the Day", when everything was available, and budget pacing was dictated more by what you could afford at the time, rather than "what comes out this month", I totally dismissed this piece. It was important to prioritize & I found it kind of ugly. I was also convinced a "king" pose would come, which I preferred. It's interesting to see how times change. My opinion on this one has not risen nearly as much as the price (I still prefer the King), but I can see how "fellowship" collectors would want the "Strider" transitional element. My real regret is passing on the WiKi, because it repeated the RWOS character element.

Whew! Glad I have mine coming from a boardmember for
(in comparison) a "cheap" price. It is never cheap for this
statue, but it seems to be jumping up to the stratosphere. :google

I sold mine for $1350 about 6 months ago. UK prices though.

WG :lvader

For those who were betting that the prices would slow down after the movie hype, must have changed their minds by now.

As for this piece, I don't need it. Two aragorns is quite enough for me (Ellessar and Aragorn on Brego), and Strider IMO is the worst of those 3, altough I agree that it's an important representation of Aragorn.

Hey, he's getting cheaper, the next one was almost a bargain:

Aragorn on Ebay for $1469

I'm also one of those trying to complete a Fellowship and Strider is the only one missing (after getting Pippin from SSW) and Aragorn on Brego doesn't quite fit there.

...unfortunately...

??

An Elessar isn't to your liking in terms of having the fellowship complete?

Re: ??

An Elessar isn't to your liking in terms of having the fellowship complete?

I have the Elessar statue and I display it together with Arwen. Obviously, Elessar is the representation of Aragorn as King and does not represent his appearance when the Fellowship was still complete.

With Pippin for example, I have no choice but to get him in Gondorian armour, but for Aragorn, I have a real choice.

For me, the only possible Fellowship display with statues will be:

- Frodo
- Sam & Bill
- Merry
- Pippin
- Gandalf The Grey
- Aragorn (not Elessar, not at the Black Gates)
- Gimli (not together with Legolas on Arod)
- Legolas (no together with Legolas on Arod)
- Boromir

That was the original Fellowship as we know it from the first book / movie. All the other statues are representing those characters at later stages of the story.

Just my opinion.

23ogliath, that is exactly how I feel.

I actually really like the Strider statue from photos I've seen but with it going as high as it is at the moment, I'd probably just save up to get a Cave Troll.

I missed out on aragorn since they cancelled my order (because they said they could find none left in the warehouse !!!).

So had always reretted UNTIL the Neca version came out. A much, much better and accurate representation of Strider and much bigger.
Example Pic

But the defining statue of Aragorn is the one of him on Brego. IMO.
I cannot wait for this, and those who missed out on Strider, you have two very good alternatives out there at reasonable prices.

those who missed out on Strider, you have two very good alternatives out there at reasonable prices.

Very true! (but it is good to have the original as well) :yay :poke ;) :D :p

If you want Aragorn statue because you want a complete fellowship, there is no complete fellowship unless a Fellowship Pippin is done. ;) :p

If you want Aragorn statue because you want a complete fellowship, there is no complete fellowship unless a Fellowship Pippin is done

Exactly what I said, but that is unfortunately not going to happen :(

Seems like there were very few Aragorn statues produced even though it was an open edition. Based on the small number we've seen on Ebay I'd say it would not be unrealistic to assume there were only 500 to 750 made. It is fun to speculate but I guess we'll never know for sure.:dunno

For those who were betting that the prices would slow down after the movie hype, must have changed their minds by now.

Nope, I said the prices on the rare pieces would continue to be high. It's the other pieces that will continue to fall.

As I just bought Gothmog for $180 and the Fell Beast for $319 last week, I have seen nothing to change my viewpoint.

Doh!!!

I just bought Gothmog for $180

I have been watching him lately and have noticed the huge drop on him, I have seen Goth sell for as low as $160....:eek
Funny as everybody just raves about him, also funny how a "few" extra thousand statues makes a HUGE difference....8o

PS, Aragorn and Elessar are two VERY different statues, as not only do they looks different, they "feel" different!!! Thankfully I just aquired one for FAR below what they are selling now......THANKS to the boardmember who "helped" me!!!! :bow

Re: Doh!!!

Yeah, Gothmog is an AMAZING piece. One of my favorites, and an absolute steal at current Ebay prices.

Re: Doh!!!

Strider is 'the' Aragorn statue for me, it's ranger Aragorn, the Aragorn we know best from the beginning of the story to the end....the cuts, the blood, the scars, the mud....all show 'fighting' Aragorn....Elessar to me is an example of Gondor post Sauron, I guess on Brego he is still the Aragorn we know and love, even if by then he has accepted his fate as king of men, but you can't really have a big horse statue displayed with the rest of the fellowship.....can you?? :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back