Medicom Boba Revisited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Roranous

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to start a new thread but the other one turned into some sort of weird Medicom Vs Sideshow battle.

So Sideshow accidentally shipped Boba even after I had canceled him but you know what- it's not all bad. I originally canceled this guy because I thought he wasn't worth $150 and to tell you the truth, he isn't. :lol I still like him though and he looks really nice so I think I will keep him now.

08d8a279.jpg

f025bd06.jpg

e2e4b7ad.jpg

2985e94f.jpg

bff809f9.jpg

da648aa3.jpg

He is displayed by my tv....

cfba4e2f.jpg

Actually, these would have gotten the Boba thread back on track. Good that you enjoyed the turn of events, would have stunk if you had to go through a whole mess because you didn't like him when he showed up.

had to sent mine back to SSC for a replacement. There is a paint/superglue smear on his armor where you can clearly see a finger print. Wonder if I would get a replacement or a refund since boba has been sold out for some time. :confused:

I really like your pictures of him. Don't know why but they seem to show the details better than the previous pictures I've seen. Still not worth the $150 though.

... Still not worth the $150 though.

I agree!
It's so strange that so many agree on the fact that THIS Medicom Boba is over-priced, yet only few acknowledge that MOST of these 12inchers are more or less over-priced. When ever a certain line does well, SSC raises the prices, and hardly anybody complains about it (SSC SW, HT Predator, SSC LotR). Even worse: the SSC hard core fans almost literally encourage SSC to raise the prices, and afterwards, they complain that they run out of funds, and therefore have to cancel stuff... And a lot of them don't buy from SSC in the first place if they find the item cheaper elsewhere, you know... (pretty smart, actually).
Guess I must realize that $150 for 12" figures is the absolute limit for 12" figures for most of the people here. I hope SSC sees that too. I wish that more freaks would speak up against these high prices, in stead of inventing arguments that justify paying the price.

had to sent mine back to SSC for a replacement. There is a paint/superglue smear on his armor where you can clearly see a finger print. Wonder if I would get a replacement or a refund since boba has been sold out for some time. :confused:

Unless you are lucky, and there are some cancellations, SSC will offer you a discount i believe. I hope you get a replacement. It's a nice figure after all. Way over-priced, but nice!

Last edited:
Thing is Alice, Medicom and Sideshow are two different beasts when it comes to pricing. You can't take one as a pricing standard for the other.

Gah, I wish i had not needed to cancel mine... I'll go get back on the waitlist. Especialy eince I've got an idea how to fix the height issue. Talking to a few guys at the mediworld formus, it's possible to swap the armor to a hot toys NGL body. The flightsuit is a little short, but everythng else seems to fit they said. Now i just need to find a OTC fett, and swap the bodysuits....

If i can ever get a medi fett that is.

Just the same, as I an't afford it atm anyways, but atleast the waittlist probobly wonn't charge me for a few months, IF i get another shot at him.

Thing is Alice, Medicom and Sideshow are two different beasts when it comes to pricing. You can't take one as a pricing standard for the other.

smart post pix :lecture

The most I'd pay for a 12" figure is Enterbay prices, because I need all the Bruce Lees. :cool:

The only question that remains is how long until the ROTJ version of Boba will be coming out...:chew

Awesome Pic Darth Neil!!
I'm really loving this figure! For years I've been waiting for a figure like this...I almost bought a Marmit one a few years back, but I'm glad I waited for this one!

Anyway, here are a few quick pics of mine:

boba.jpg

boba3.jpg

And the whole gang!

boba2.jpg

Back