A Little Sauron Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mrichards2002

A Little Sauron Q&A

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with my wonderful Sideshow rep and I have some info on the Sauron statue.

The box he is coming in will not be oversized :banana

For shipping overseas, he can still ship with the Post office.

The outer box size is 22 Inches x 19 Inches x 26 Inches.

The boxed weight on the piece is a little over 30 pounds. Which all of you know already. LOL.
:lol

Sauron comes in 6 pieces. I was told all of them, but only remembered some of them like 2 pieces are the spikes for his boots. 1 is the Mace. 1 is the helm i believe and I would guess the other 2 are upper and lower body.

Sideshow will begin shipping Sauron to it's dealers on September 16th at the earliest to September 20th (that range).

I hope any of all of this info helps all of you.

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

Found some of this out today myself when I called SS for something. The pieces I knew about from asking at SDCC. It's going to be a Sauron puzzle. :lol 30lbs though dam thats impressive.

And Josh is STRAIGHT in there with his 'I already knew that of course' When it comes to Sideshow, he cant be outdone by anyone! ;)

I'm curious if these will come in one package or two separate boxes for those of us that have two on order.

Hi Everyone,

Fritz, I would say 1 Sauron per box. If you put 2 of them together, the box would be too big and may risk damage in shipping. IMO

Thanks,
Mike

And Josh is STRAIGHT in there with his 'I already knew that of course' When it comes to Sideshow, he cant be outdone by anyone!

Well, I am the SS Mole remember. :lol Not to mention it was talked about in the SDCC chat as well so everyone should have known some of this info..:clap

I'm curious if these will come in one package or two separate boxes for those of us that have two on order.

I would imagine that it would be two seperate boxes. Just like the ML came in two seperate ones.

You're probably right. Combining two into one package may push the package size into the oversized category and affect the shipping price as well.

Hi Everyone,

Fritz, Sauron is actually considered Oversized by UPS. It's an Oversized 1 box, but since the weight it 30 pounds and that is what UPS charges for an Oversized 1 box, it doesn't matter. 30 pounds is quite heavy for a statue. Gandalf on Shadowfax was about 18 pounds boxed and that's a real nice and solid statue.

Thanks,
Mike

Just for curiosity's sake, a quick question for U.S. members who bought their Sauron direct from SS. How much was the shipping charge?

Well, I was preauthed for $600 but usually what I get charged is a tad lower and should be this time since I used the HMBOOK coupon when I ordered this. I haven't gotten my invoice yet but I would bet the shipping for my two will be in the area of $25-30 for both.

Well I just did a quick shipping check with FedEx for reference and according to the website, from Sideshow to me, the Sauron statue would cost about $24.56 via Ground for one statue :| so that makes a total of $49.12 for two of them. Combining the shipment into one box so basically the length is doubled but the height and width stay the same with the weight doubled to 60lbs would cost approximately $89.36 via Ground. :eek :google

Thanks Fritz. I'm basically looking at $325 shipped for Sauron. Hmmm.... that is starting to get expensive.

With the exception of my first purchase, I've just never paid retail on any non-exclusive Sideshow product before. It definitely takes some getting used to. Especially when I got Gothmog and GOSF for $200 shipped each. I recently got a Fell Beast for $341 shipped, and that is long sold out and difficult to acquire.

I've bought 15 or so statues off of Ebay including breakage prone pieces like RWOS, GOSF, Gothmog, Mines of Moria, etc. with no problems. I need to evaluate the situation before I decide to keep the SS order (I probably will keep the order, but saving $75 via Ebay would be nice :) ).

not sure if some of you remember, but i started a thread about how to save some money on shipping from ss some time back.

if say in this case you have 2 saurons on order to be shipped. you can let them know that you want to have them both shipped together under a single shipment. just have to mark them box 1 of 2 & 2 of 2. this way you will not be charged separately for 2 boxes.

Back