1/6th custom AMANAMAN resin kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Tired of Bubo and Worrt and sand skitters, well how about a real character for Jabba’s den?

I came across this on ebay – 1/6th scale AMANAMAN:

https://cgi.ebay.com/12-inch-CUSTOM-Amanaman-Figure-Star-Wars-Solid-Resin_W0QQitemZ280156835565QQihZ018QQcategoryZ751QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It’s a sculpted resin kit that comes in several parts, unpainted. Amanaman stands 14 inches high. The arms can be made to be articulated (at the shoulders I believe).

The artist’s name is Eric Ashworth. I contacted him via the auction and he said he would have another one up soon. He also said you can contact him directly via his email:[email protected]

Hopefully he'll provide full scale pictures soon. But a 1/6th Amanaman would look pretty cool in Jabba's den, protecting his favorite piece of art.

Now how do we make the staff with skulls?

Its a cool custom.

But i think this is the guy at the end of one of the sideshow podcasts who wrote that he is great and sideshow should hire him.

I know people have been talking about this character for awhile, guys like AmanaMatt, etc. So I figured it might be of interest. Not likely to make the Sideshow cut any time soon, so...

I agree... I hope that SS branches out and tackles the alien denizens of Jabba's Palace but I think we might be far off from that--- I hope we'll see them but until then anyplace that we can find the proper aliens to add to the overall Jabba display is important. Nice find.

If this guy can help Sideshow with sculpting, then I say hire him! That Amanaman looks creepy as hell!

He was on rebelscum custom forums and people told him how good he is and it would be great if sideshow made on of these. So i think he contacted them but was really arrogant and rude and sideshow said no thanks.
Then he went a bit mental on rebelscum because some claimed that he got refused becasue he was cocky about his work which is good and how sideshow would never be able to get his 1-1 IG-88.
I was going to buy one off him but when he went off on one, i thought i better keep my money.

He was on rebelscum custom forums and people told him how good he is and it would be great if sideshow made on of these. So i think he contacted them but was really arrogant and rude and sideshow said no thanks.
Then he went a bit mental on rebelscum because some claimed that he got refused becasue he was cocky about his work which is good and how sideshow would never be able to get his 1-1 IG-88.
I was going to buy one off him but when he went off on one, i thought i better keep my money.

Do you have a link to the Rebelscum thread he was on? I tried to search for it but nothing came up.

Do you have a link to the Rebelscum thread he was on? I tried to search for it but nothing came up.

It got deleted after he got angry, it was a damn shame as in his first post he said he was planing on doing more 1/6 scale star wars, which got people excited.

It got deleted after he got angry, it was a damn shame as in his first post he said he was planing on doing more 1/6 scale star wars, which got people excited.

Yeah, I posted in that thread too. It was too bad that the guy went ballistic like he did. (I think he even posted here....)

Well hopefully this isn't the same guy.

I exchanged emails with him about the sculpture and about posting his work here and he seemed very amicable. It would be ashamed to assume this is the guy without really knowing.

I remember that. That is definately the same guy from the Rebelscum boards. When he first started auctioning these off on ebay, shortly after the Rebelscum incident, he went as far to include in his ebay item description that "everyone at rebelscum sucks" or something to that effect.

I know people have been talking about this character for awhile, guys like AmanaMatt, etc. So I figured it might be of interest. Not likely to make the Sideshow cut any time soon, so...

Thanks for posting this - very cool. Too bad the bidding has ended....sniff.

I know it'll never happen, but a SS Amanaman would be awesome!

I'm sure based off the pictures and his ebay user name that its the same guy.

The guy is a prick and an arrogant bastard. Thats said, at $101 someone got quite a steal!

To think people will spend so much to have an SSC head repainted or for a custom head casted in quantity yet a one of a kind 14" Amanaman master resin copy auctions at $100. Some inequity there, IMO.

Maybe who he was played a part in the bids.

In any event, I wager that whoever bought this will make a pretty penny if he wants to recast this into several kits to be sold.

I remember in the original RS thread posting about how everyone who has ever offered to sell 1/6 scale aliens never came through with their end. He was so smug and PMed me with pictures saying "here's proof" etc. Yeah, well, I'm still right. He didn't come through.

I wonder any chance the person use some sort of machine to blow up proportionally the Hasbro 3 1/4 inch version to form this sculpt.

Back