Noob troubles.... Hot Toys Headaches...HELP !!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkKnight2k4

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys... don't flame me too bad... :emperor

But I recently bought two Hot Toys military pieces...

These two:

product_image.php

and

product_image.php

Now the problem....

I have no clue how to put all the packs together or on the figure !!! How do you attach them to the body ???

Do you weave the straps in ? There are no velcro or snaps !!!! :confused:

I feel like such an idiot.... :monkey2:monkey1:monkey2

Anyone that can help me out... please touch base...

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know how you feel,been in the same situation,the best advice is to check websites,how the parts/accessories are attached to the figure,it shouldnt be a problem Mate,there is always pictures that shows how you do it...

Good luck!

Ok guys... don't flame me too bad... :emperor

But I recently bought two Hot Toys military pieces...

These two:

product_image.php

and

product_image.php

Now the problem....

I have no clue how to put all the packs together or on the figure !!! How do you attach them to the body ???

Do you weave the straps in ? There are no velcro or snaps !!!! :confused:

I feel like such an idiot.... :monkey2:monkey1:monkey2

Anyone that can help me out... please touch base...

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey man, i actually have the first one (badass figure). all you have to do is weave the straps. it's just like putting packs on you, but on a 1/6.

i also recommend glue dots for the hard to attach places or for places you want to keep things together. you can find them at a craft store, and they aren't permanent.

Man it was killer... then the clips tend to be so fragile...

What Websites do you recommend checking ?

So do you use a pin or something to weave it through ?

I had no idea these would be so hard .... and I bought two in one shot...

I was happy to see the body togethter... lol. Little did I know...

Man it was killer... then the clips tend to be so fragile...

What Websites do you recommend checking ?

So do you use a pin or something to weave it through ?

I had no idea these would be so hard .... and I bought two in one shot...

I was happy to see the body togethter... lol. Little did I know...

Yeah, some Hot Toys are harder to put together than others, but it's just a step by step process. It's totally worth the hassle though.

I have no idea of what websites to check other than their website. Maybe that have instructions on there.

I use one of my wifes very small sewing needles to weave the straps through if i'm having difficulty. Another tip is to use superglue at the VERY END of the strap, where you want to put it through the clip. This will stiffen the strap and make it easier to weave. You can also sand the superglue with a very fine nail sander if it gets too built up.

Man who knew it would take so much.

Guess when they say model ... they mean it !

So I should use a needle to thread the bands in a weave... then what clips do you mean should be glued ?

I wonder why these don't come with instructions ?

I managed to buy one of their old figures that came with instructions, actually. They can really be a pain in the bleeper to assemble. But in the end, that's where the fun is.

Go ahead and post your questions on www.onesixthwarriors.com and I'm sure some folks will help you out. But above all, be vewy vewy patient.

I wish I just knew where stuff went and how it connected. I just look at it clueless... but I will keep at it.

Guess it really is a model kit in the end. Can't wait to enjoy it...

Tried joining the warrior site, but I can't post yet. Hopefully soon.

Any other ideas ?

Anyone that has these pieces have pics I can use as reference ?

Man who knew it would take so much.

Guess when they say model ... they mean it !

So I should use a needle to thread the bands in a weave... then what clips do you mean should be glued ?

I didn't mean glue the clips, I mean add glue to the straps in order to slide them through the clips if you need to. You're speaking about the MEF figure, right? Mine came with instructions.

Hmmm like a lubricant of sorts that will help slide them through. I got it...

Yeah ... my MEF did not come with instructions. Where were yours ?

I had a little plastic packet with a black sheet inside... wierd...

Hmmm like a lubricant of sorts that will help slide them through. I got it...

Yeah ... my MEF did not come with instructions. Where were yours ?

I had a little plastic packet with a black sheet inside... wierd...

They were under one of the plastic trays, like the Predator ones.

Hmmm, mine did not come with any, and when I checked with T2 they said that they don't come with any .. :monkey2

Any chance of getting a scan of them ?

On a side note, I starting weaving the straps and got the back pack and talkie packs on (I think)... Not too shabby...

Now... Was the suggestion to use glue at the ends to keep the straps from slipping out ?

Hmmm, mine did not come with any, and when I checked with T2 they said that they don't come with any .. :monkey2

Any chance of getting a scan of them ?

On a side note, I starting weaving the straps and got the back pack and talkie packs on (I think)... Not too shabby...

Now... Was the suggestion to use glue at the ends to keep the straps from slipping out ?

Haha no man, check this out. If you need help getting the straps THROUGH the buckles (or clips if you wanna call them that), take superglue and thinly line JUST THE END of the strap that you want to put through the buckle. This will make the end of the strap firm so it will be easier to put through the buckle. Don't go supergluing any parts together :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok.....

I used this thing my wife had in some manicure set she has... So I just pushed it though...

I tend to have issues keeping the strap from slipping back out... but it should not be too bad...

After getting the two pieces on... I think it won't be too bad. Just figuring out where it all goes... that is the thing.

Don't think I will ever buy two at a time again. lol.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok.....

I used this thing my wife had in some manicure set she has... So I just pushed it though...

I tend to have issues keeping the strap from slipping back out... but it should not be too bad...

After getting the two pieces on... I think it won't be too bad. Just figuring out where it all goes... that is the thing.

Don't think I will ever buy two at a time again. lol.

Haha yeah, 2 at a time is a challenge. They're so badass though, it's totally worth it. Do you like the MEF? He's a really detailed figure if you ask me. I'm probably going to take pics over the weekend.

LoL... Who knew they were so hard... lol.... It's crazy.... But I don't regret it. After doing a few pieces I can see it come together real nice....

I love the way the MEF is coming together....

Then I have the one coming out this month on pre-order.... Gulp.

I can't wait to have it done and ready for some pics...

I would like to see some of yours... It would really help with knowing where stuff goes...

Thanks...

I finished most of the vest... now I am on to the leg packs for the grenades... :chew

Should have it done today or tomorrow.

Would love to see your piece so I can gauge mine still.

Took a look at the other one I got... thanks goodness... not nearly as complex !

Are they all as difficult as the M.E.F. ?

Thanks...

I finished most of the vest... now I am on to the leg packs for the grenades... :chew

Should have it done today or tomorrow.

Would love to see your piece so I can gauge mine still.

Took a look at the other one I got... thanks goodness... not nearly as complex !

Are they all as difficult as the M.E.F. ?

Not really, some are and some arent. What is the other figure you got?

Back