Galadriel in the da Garden!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wrathofsauron

Well just got this today along with Isengard Plaque (which incidentally is 100 times better than the photo as usual!!) She is a beauty, what an incredible sculpt and altho I love the bust the likeness is WAY better here!! You know that given her incredible importance in the book, EVERYONE should have this statue!! She pouring out Treebeard's tea here!!

Re: LOL!!

:rolleyes :lol

Y'know, however much I like this statue, whenever I see photos of her front on, she looks like she's about to fall asleep. Or on drugs. Maybe that explains the pink around the eyes?
From the side she looks perfect, and just like Cate, but the front....well I'm not fussed, as long as I can recognise it as Galadriel I'm happy!

Congrats!! As long as it looks like what I saw at SDCC I'll be happy. Mine should be here tomorrow.

From the side she couldn't look better! :google

From the front she couldn't look worse! :google

Amazing to see the difference the viewing angle makes. 8o

She must be one of those statues that is meant to be displayed from the side not the front.

yup..... you need her at an angle (which is exactly how she was meant to be displayed so you catch the elegant curve of her arm and the draping fabric of her sleeve....) and at an angle it looks FLAWLESS. But yes, from straight on... it is less than so

I should have mine tomorrow as well and will definetly be displaying it from the side. It looks amazingly like Cate from the side profile stance.

She really does look beautiful in those pics, particularly with the greenery in the background. (though Treebeard looks shocked...) :eek

Treebeard unfortunately just gazed upon her visage in a full
frontal view, and is still amazed at her lack-of-womanlyness!
Poor fellow is considering a bonfire to rid himself of the image!

She looks lovely to me, any angle. I think it looks great next to the Treebeard bust, I think I will place her there when I get her.

:gala :google

this is one, i'm glad i cancelled...

this is one who is glad I NEVER ordered!!!! :puke

The more I look at it the more it looks like crap!!! :x

Re: .

Damn ! I wanted this piece so bad when I first saw the pictures... What happened ... The more I look at it, the more it looks like a man. From the side she looks so great... it's really a pitty. Unfortunatelly I 'll have to pass on it , don't want a transexual in my collection.

Re: .

well while I don't think I'll successfully sway anyone.. this is a GREAT PIECE. I never ordered it, but picked it up from phantastix... when I saw it this past weekend I was really impressed. She is meant to be displayed from the side.... so it works well. Her gown really glows and she looks very ethereal.. and as everyone has said.. the likeness is spot on from the side...

But hey.. that's just me

Back