This could be a problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

arnottmj

Around i week ago i received a an e-mail from sideshow stating that Sauron would arrive at the EU warehouse within 14 days. After reading the e-mail i immediately went to the sideshow website and canceled my order (which you may like to know was fro mthe waiting list). However, I was sent another e-mail informing me that my card has been processed and Sauron is on it's way.

This is not the first time this has happened and it is a real pain because that chances are i'll lose £10.00 or so. This is because sideshow do not refund in pounds stirling but dollars; therefore, if the dollar goes up i get refunded less than originally paid.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact i canceled my order; my order status still says 'canceled.' If you have read this far, please tell me if i have a right to ask for a full refund in GBP or what course of action i should take.

If it is something you wanted to cancel, don't wait until the last minute and then get upset at Sideshow. The process to cancel an order is not instentanious, as evidenced in many other previous threads. Why would you wait until the last minute in the shipping process to cancel? If you absolutly must cancel right before it ships then call them to do it. My Sauron order has said it's to late to cancel online and that I would need to call to do so for almost a month now.

Jesse

Re

Thank you for your response and you should know that I appreciate what you have said; however, when i cancelled my order i was acting completely within the boundaries that are set my Sideshow's terms of sale...so i think i have every right to be annoyed that my card was processed. Also, as you can see from my post count, i am not a prominent member of this board and consequently i have not heard any people talk of problems cancelling orders; therefore, i'm afraid i shall have to part from the evidence to suggest that I was aware this problem would arise.

All that said, i will call Sideshow first thing tomorrow and let them hear my concerns.

Re: Re

I agree....What is the use of having rules and procedures set by the company if they do not even follow them?
I still have my fouled up order that THEY fouled up - for Galadriel on my account information....yet, they sent one to me today and it is no where to be found in my account. I have items that I canceled still on my account as Order Placed and items that I WANTED that are canceled for some reason! I also have items that have shipped and already arrived to me and yet they state Items Shipping Soon.
:poke
This is getting pretty ridiculous. These items are a lot of money for some of us....particularly when we are ordering multiple items in a year and this company is ever growing larger...Their computer system is disgraceful. Master Replicas is almost as bad...I am stunned that these companies cannot get their computerized crap together.... :dunno

And furthermore....the condescending attitude I experienced when I called them was absolutely uncalled for and in my opinion, unacceptable! :thwak
I am of the mind that people should just go ahead and be nasty and honest about it (which no good business could afford to let happen and think of surviving) rather than condescending and trying to pass the fault to the customer rather than the company or its computer system where it so rightly belongs.

Re: Re

arnottmj, everything you say may be true, but it still doesn't answer the question of why you waited until the last minute to cancel your order. That seems to be asking for trouble, Sideshow policies and procedures notwithstanding. If you knew that you were going to cancel, the best time to do it would have been the moment you arrived at that decision, not the moment Sideshow notified you that the order was about to be processed.

Also, while you do have the right to be annoyed, you should be aware that voicing that annoyance with Sideshow will do less to resolve the problem than politely asking for assistance. Yes, the system broke in your case, and yes, Sideshow should do everything in their power to correct the situation, but it is extremely unlikely that the person you will speak to is in any way directly responsible for the foul-up.

I'm confused, you have already paid part of the item? Was there a deposit required?

What are you guys talking about being late to cancel the order? :dunno
He received the 14 day heads-up and he canceled immediately.
You can cancel an order up until it is being processed to ship.
Or so they say... :rolleyes

Let's not forget who is the BUYER/CUSTOMER and who is the SELLER/COMPANY. :thwak

We, as consumers, have every right to change our mind...And Sideshow's printed policy states that we can do that without any problems up until the order is being processed and the item is being prepared for shipment.

Who said anything about you not having the right to change your mind? Only you did, not me. I only pointed out that if someone has already made up their mind to cancel an order, it is foolish to wait until after a notice from Sideshow, even a 14 day notice, to follow through with the cancellation.

From the sound of arnottmj's original post, the decision to cancel was made before the notice went out, else why cancel immediately after receiving the notice?

?

I am saying why is it foolish to wait...I have done that...I have held out until I absolutely know I will not have the funds to cover it or if I really want something else instead!
Furthermore....The 14 Day notice is MORE than a sufficient amount of time to cancel an order.

Final analysis is that Sideshow screwed up and it is not the first time.

One more thing....

One more thing....You asked why he waited until the last minute...
Sideshow is supposed to send a 5-7 day notice with a - We will be charging your credit card in 24 hour notice.

So, therefore the 14 day notice is not the last minute.

However, even if it was, my larger point is that we as customers have the right to cancel anytime before the actual billing and shipping process begins. In this case, it had not.

Re: One more thing....

For those in the EU do you all normally get preauthed 14 days in advance? I know with mine its usually no more than 24-48 hours before.

Re: One more thing....

I am saying why is it foolish to wait
Simple. If you know you don't want something (and it has been common knowledge for WEEKS that Sauron would be shipping this month), and you are dealing with a system that you know is prone to problems, then it is foolish to expect everything to go perfectly when you wait until the last minute to cancel. I don't know how much clearer I can make it than that.

Same thing happened to my with the King of the Dead.

They sent me the "in the next 15 days blah blah ". I go straight to cancel my order. I receive a notice of cancelled order and the next day I receive a shipping notice. I'm sorry but this system they use is FAILING.

They state the rules, they should stick to them, as simple as that. I don't think cancelling the order 15 day before "supposedly" having a charge note is a "last minute" cancellation. Its 15 day before they are supposed to ship it!

Being sooooo good at some points, I feel SS still have some things to improve really, at least regarding the EU wharehouse.

And I have every right to complain. This year i'm spending like $3000 on SS products (maybe more).

Other than that I'm EXTREMELLY jealous of you incoming Sauron. Hope mine will come soon!

fat hobbitss said:
They state the rules, they should stick to them, as simple as that. I don't think cancelling the order 15 day before "supposedly" having a charge note is a "last minute" cancellation. Its 15 day before they are supposed to ship it!
And in a perfect world I would agree with you. But as I said in the old forum, this isn't a perfect world. Mistakes happen. Should Sideshow correct it? Sure. Should they take steps to improve the system in the future? Sure. Does that excuse someone from responsibility for their own procrastination, when they knew full well that the system is currently broken, and they knew ahead of time that they were going to cancel? Nope.

I'm having problems with Sideshow as well. I received an invoice that stated that the Highlander Origin MacLeod figure (which isn't even due til the 4th quarter) had been shipped with my modern MacLeod and that I had been charged for it, and of course I didn't receive it. I wrote to customer service but have yet to hear anything.

I also ordered a Taylor/Nova set that has been in the processing phase for a couple of weeks now. :dunno

RoboDad, as i have already said (although i'm not sure if the post was deleted due to me using the term, 'brown nosing') i was not aware that this problem would occur.

Anyway, the whole reason i started this thread was not to throw a ball back on fourth, i was wandering whether someone would be able to overlook the fact i have a problem with Sideshow and perhaps give me the e-mail of someone who can help.

Secret~Keeper said:
Anyway, the whole reason i started this thread was not to throw a ball back on fourth, i was wandering whether someone would be able to overlook the fact i have a problem with Sideshow and perhaps give me the e-mail of someone who can help.

PM comin atcha SK

TC

Back